Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

Yes, everything is extremely slow. I am just not seeing how the move was a positive thing. I feel that my luck with dailies is horrible now. The lag is awful. It takes forever to get through battles. I can barely get through enough for the obelisk. The site crashes constantly and when it is working, it isn't working properly. It has been 2 months now. C'mon man!

Well SHOOT! Neo's back and that's good, but my games fortune cookie ran out before they got back online. Darnit! :skull:

Send a ticket under NC mall. I did that when the site went down for the server change and I lost 3 days on my faerie quest fortune cookie. They responded immediately and sent me a new cookie right away. They don't take NC issues lightly. My cookie was with NC I won, so it doesn't matter how you got the NC, the point is, it is NC and paying customers are their bread and butter. Submit your ticket.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not post back to back. Use the EDIT button to add any comments if you are the most recent poster.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

the pound is glitching big time! fully customised pets chilling in there, descriptions dont match up with pictures and when you try and adopt a pet (any pet!) they are already adopted.

Anyone else dealing with heavy lag-spikes right now? My gamescores currently take well over three minutes to get processed, loading my store took a good two minutes and the shopwizard lagged out on me twice in a row.

I am having the exact same right now and it is quite frustrating. Some pages have even refused to open. Very Very slow.

I am having the exact same right now and it is quite frustrating. Some pages have even refused to open. Very Very slow.

True, very frustrating. Still am glad to know it's on neopets' side, because that at least means it's not my internet connection messing up yet again. On the other hand, at least I can actually reset my own connection, while there's nothing I can do about neopets having issues except wait it out and dearly hope this doesn't mean the servers are about to go down yet another time.

EDIT: Hm, according to isitdownrightnow.com, neopets was down for the past 30 minutes. Suppose that in comparison to that, heavy lag is preferable.

True, very frustrating. Still am glad to know it's on neopets' side, because that at least means it's not my internet connection messing up yet again. On the other hand, at least I can actually reset my own connection, while there's nothing I can do about neopets having issues except wait it out and dearly hope this doesn't mean the servers are about to go down yet another time.

EDIT: Hm, according to isitdownrightnow.com, neopets was down for the past 30 minutes. Suppose that in comparison to that, heavy lag is preferable.

true and the good news is it seems to be working ok for me now. they must have isolated the issue :)

Strange? I've been playing and haven't noticed any since.

Fingers crossed that is the end of it.

Some lag-peaks, none that lasted as long as the ones that made me post here earlier, though. Still, have had to wait for 30-60 seconds a fair few times. (Of course, highly noticable to me because I was playing gormball, sakhmet solitaire etc. during those. Probably not so noticable to people not playing games that have to refresh the whole page with every move. XD)

I've got the lag problem as well, but also when I win a battle in the battledome, I get the message 'For besting your opponent and proving your might in battle, you have earned the following rewards:

• Sorry, you didn't win anything this battle. Try again!'

But when I go to my inventory I've got a new item and I'm richer than I was before the battle.

Also, when I'm fighting I keep getting the message:

Sorry, there was an error sending/receiving data. Please try again.

And it each time I have to wait some time and it fixes itself, but the waitingtimes can be between 10 seconds and 3 whole minutes.

Does anyone else has either of these problems as well?

Yes, both of those are known glitches with the current battledome. All we can do for now is work around things. There are some tricks that may help in getting the BD to fix itself, which can be found in this thread: Battledome glitches workaround. There are other methods mentioned in later posts, so perhaps reading through the thread can help you find one that works for you.

Adver-video hasn't worked for me at all, so could be either (outside the USA myself as well, so...)

Ouch, bad lag-spiking. Usual response-time for NP over the past few weeks is ~61ms (which already is on the slowish side for a popular website. Contrast with Gaiaonline at approx. 17ms, IMVU at approx. 16ms), but right now it's with some frequency peaking a serious bit higher. Most recent test showed response time to be at 3.92s. Also known as 3920 milliseconds. I know I've seen response times above 6000ms a few times in the past weeks as well.

When I try to access the NC Mall main page, the Red Pteri page shows up. I can acces other pages of the Mall, but the Main one and also the Holiday shop don't show up.

Anyone else?

ps: seems I can't access my "View Cart" page either, so I cannot buy anything :(

Yep the mall is down. It was down earlier today as well for a while. Check back every once in a while and see if it's up. :)

Don't know if it has been up between transition and now, but I do know it was broken following the transition and until at least mid-October.

On a different note, getting bad lag again today.

Lag spikes again every couple of minutes for the past few hours. Cost me 4825NP a few hours ago when the thing nearly timed out as I was removing np from my shop's till. Got an error message that it couldn't be removed, but was gone from till but not added to CoH. (I have sent in a ticket)

At the moment of writing this thread, sending a score takes me a good minute or more, about 25% of my pages time out and the rest takes around 2-3 minutes loading. =/

EDIT: Whoops. Had not noticed last post was my own. My apologies. Have reported my post to staff to be merged with the one above.

Is anyone having issues with the server not responding. I keep getting a message saying it isn't responding.

Is anyone having issues with the server not responding. I keep getting a message saying it isn't responding.

I've had severe lagtime issues today along with a few "404" and "broken link" type errors. Hopefully it's something to do with the site migration and is being fixed!

I've had severe lagtime issues today along with a few "404" and "broken link" type errors. Hopefully it's something to do with the site migration and is being fixed!

OMG, the lag is absolutely horrible. But now, I can't get on the site at all!!! It keeps saying the server isn't responding. I understand it takes time to change servers, but this is ridiculous. I don't think they should be charging for premium, that's for sure. lol

Maybe it means they're trying to fix the restocking system?

I don't know if anyone has posted it, but this is a good website to see if a site is down or not. (Neo currently is)

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/

Just type the website in, and hit check.

Or, you can look at the recently checked websites on the right hand side.

Whenever I go to see if Neopets is down, it's usually there.

• kacheekkawaii changed the title to neopets is temporarily offline :<