Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

Hey, is anyone else having problems with trying to feed a pet or use a healing potion on a pet? The drop down for the Inventory item just says "Choose Action".  :sad01_anim:

I just unattached my Snicklebeast petpet to try to move it to my Gallery for safe keeping (just got the avatar yesterday) and now I don't want to lose this retired petpet. :skull:

It seems like everyone is having this problem right now. I first saw a board on the NC Chat. The running theory is that something got broken when they were activating Haunted Hijinks for this year - but that's purely speculation.

I'm guessing they're working on it though.

• 1 month later...

I have not been playing Neopets for a while, and now I'm having some troubles with the games. In today's challenge, I cannot move in Meerca Chase II. I use the arrows and it won't move...

Flash recently updated, so if you didn't update that could be your problem (just guessing here). Either way I would try a different browser. Things like this always used to happen when I used Safari and then I switched to Firefox. I hope you can get it sorted so you can play the games. :)

Flash recently updated, so if you didn't update that could be your problem (just guessing here). Either way I would try a different browser. Things like this always used to happen when I used Safari and then I switched to Firefox. I hope you can get it sorted so you can play the games. :)

I used the one from windows just for this, and it worked, but just because I were desperated. I would rather solve this, I do not want to have to change my browser. I tried looking for the flash upgrade, but I already had it installed... I tried looking for the upgrade of firefox, same thing... Some games work, but some do not. That never happened to me before...

• 2 months later...

yesterday the BD didn't load for me on Torch (a chrome - based Browser) 

it worked on Google Chrome though

i did everything possible .. i cleared my cache and cookies .. i disabled the adblocker

in the end i un-installed and re-installed Torch and it worked ..

today Trudy's Surprise spinned a few times but wouldn't give me my NP ... so i went back to Chrome and it worked fine there ..

my pet is sick so i haven't tried the BD yet ..

all the Flash games and locations (coconut shy etc) are working fine ..

5 hours ago, Angeló said:

yesterday the BD didn't load for me on Torch (a chrome - based Browser) 

it worked on Google Chrome though

i did everything possible .. i cleared my cache and cookies .. i disabled the adblocker

in the end i un-installed and re-installed Torch and it worked ..

today Trudy's Surprise spinned a few times but wouldn't give me my NP ... so i went back to Chrome and it worked fine there ..

my pet is sick so i haven't tried the BD yet ..

all the Flash games and locations (coconut shy etc) are working fine ..

The Battledome and Trudy's Surprise, surprisingly enough, aren't Flash based. They use HTML5 standards. As Torch is Chromium based, it should support HTML5 standards. Are you using any other plugins? Plugins that disable javascript could cause problems, or disabling javascript, for that matter. Is this a new issue that popped up - meaning, is this your first time using Torch on Neopets or has Torch been working fine, but the Battledome and Trudy's Surprise just stopped working? I, also, saw your post on the "Help" Neoboard, last night. You might have to stick with one of the "top 4" browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or IE 11/Edge while doing those things on Neopets, for now.

8 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

The Battledome and Trudy's Surprise, surprisingly enough, aren't Flash based. They use HTML5 standards. As Torch is Chromium based, it should support HTML5 standards. Are you using any other plugins? Plugins that disable javascript could cause problems, or disabling javascript, for that matter. Is this a new issue that popped up - meaning, is this your first time using Torch on Neopets or has Torch been working fine, but the Battledome and Trudy's Surprise just stopped working? I, also, saw your post on the "Help" Neoboard, last night. You might have to stick with on of the "top 4" browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or IE 11/Edge while doing those things on Neopets, for now.

i've been using Torch for about a year now and this is the first time i had this issue ... it's basically Chrome with a few small twists like a Media Grabber (but with Internet Download Manager extension i don't need this feature anymore) and a quick SocialMedia share button ...

i switched my main browser to Chrome for now and emailed the guys at Torch ... i also submitted a ticket to TNT

or it could be just my connection ??

Untitled.png

8 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i've been using Torch for about a year now and this is the first time i had this issue ... it's basically Chrome with a few small twists like a Media Grabber (but with Internet Download Manager extension i don't need this feature anymore) and a quick SocialMedia share button ...

i switched my main browser to Chrome for now and emailed the guys at Torch ... i also submitted a ticket to TNT

or it could be just my connection ??

Untitled.png

I've had that happen with Firefox, on several occasions, except without the "Fight" button. Sometimes refreshing the page would help, sometimes leaving the Battledome and doing something else on Neopets for 5 minutes and, then, going back to the Battledome would get the page to load completely/properly. Sometimes it helps to delete all three - cache, cookies, and history. But you already tried that. Not sure what it could be.

46 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I've had that happen with Firefox, on several occasions, except without the "Fight" button.

i did that and left it for a while when it was "loading" and this screenshot is the farthest it got .. 

im gonna try again tomorrow after The Charity Corner ends .. maybe it's a server load issue ..

It should still function normally though even without all the graphics.

it didn't .. i clicked the Fight button several times but it didn't progress ... 

Have you tried doing a hard refresh of the page? Sometimes when Coconut Shy refuses to load it will after a hard refresh. I believe the keys required for windows are ctrl + F5. That might help.

Edit: Thanks to Scoobert_Doo for providing the correct key combination. I'm on a mac and have become somewhat windows dumb since my switch. :)

6 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Have you tried doing a hard refresh of the page? Sometimes when Coconut Shy refuses to load it will after a hard refresh. I believe the keys required for windows are ctrl + shift + F4. That might help.

It's Ctrl+F5, for a browser "hard refersh" in Windows. However, if he cleared his cache, history, and cookies, a "hard refresh" wouldn't really help, as that is like doing the "ultimate" hard refresh.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a bunch of things on the trading post, and now this morning they have all disappeared. They aren't in trading post or in my inventory. Kinda freaking out over here. Has anyone else experienced this or know what to do? 

17 hours ago, ThroughMyEyes said:

I don't know if it's just me, but at the Marketplace, no matter which building I click on, I get the same 5 shops over and over again. Really frustrating while on a Faerie Quest...

It's not just you. I know my mom's been having the same issue for a few days, and I just tried and, yup, same here.

Faerie Quests

You are currently on a quest for a Water Faerie.
water-faerie-1-1.jpg
She did what?! Excuse me, catching up on century-old gossip here. Wait one moment.

*cough* All right, are you ready to turn in Gormball Skins?
boo_gormball_customization.gif
Gormball Skins
For some reason the buttons for giving her the item and abandoning the quest are missing from my page. Is anyone else having this issue?

23 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Silly question, @Panthersclaw, but do you have the item (Gormball Skins) in your inventory? The buttons may not show, if not. Neopets being slow or "laggy" could cause it too.

I did have the item in my inventory when I took/posted the pic. I switched to a different computer and it fixed itself, so the issue seemed to be on my end not the site's. My pet's defense went up by 2 points

Im not able to play any of the games which use flash. Have tried reinstalling flash, changed the game settings to no avail. I'm stuck with a grey screen when i click on the play button.

Anyone else having this issues?

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 3.08.36 PM.png

Maybe this thread can help me. I can play most games, but anything requiring the shockwave plugin hasn't worked on my computer for years. Hannah and the Ice caves used to be my favorite game when I was younger. Thankfully, I got the avatar for the pirate caves before it was too late, because no more Hannah for me. Same goes for attack of the slorgs, which I did NOT get the avatar for. I've clicked the download links and followed the instructions many times on three different browsers and two different computers, but to no avail. I gave up a long time ago but if I thought there was a fix I'd try again. Anyone know what to do? I have Google Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer as my browsers. Firefox was downloaded specifically because I was told a long time ago that it would fix the problem. It didn't.

1 hour ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Maybe this thread can help me. I can play most games, but anything requiring the shockwave plugin hasn't worked on my computer for years. Hannah and the Ice caves used to be my favorite game when I was younger. Thankfully, I got the avatar for the pirate caves before it was too late, because no more Hannah for me. Same goes for attack of the slorgs, which I did NOT get the avatar for. I've clicked the download links and followed the instructions many times on three different browsers and two different computers, but to no avail. I gave up a long time ago but if I thought there was a fix I'd try again. Anyone know what to do? I have Google Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer as my browsers. Firefox was downloaded specifically because I was told a long time ago that it would fix the problem. It didn't.

Shockwave is very finicky and I believe there is still a workaround to get the games to work. @Scoobert_Doo may be able to help you.

12 hours ago, saj said:

Im not able to play any of the games which use flash. Have tried reinstalling flash, changed the game settings to no avail. I'm stuck with a grey screen when i click on the play button.

A new update for flash was released this afternoon. Maybe try updating it again? Sometimes the games take a few extra minutes to load or it could be the game itself so maybe try a different one if you haven't already. Additionally if you can try on a different browser to see if it's something funky with your browser causing the errors.

17 hours ago, saj said:

@Mouseykins is right. Flash had an update on 14 March 2017 and has been "rolling" it out, since. Sometimes, with Flash updates, it helps to delete your browser's cache, history, and cookies. That gets the games working again, for many. If you are using Chrome, Chrome has Flash "built-in", so see if Chrome has an update available, and, if so, update it, and see if the games are working again. If you are using a Windows PC, either 8 or 10, then IE 11 and Edge get Flash updates with Windows Update. So, if that is the case, check Windows Update and if updates are available, update, and try again. Also, check to make sure Flash is "activated" or allowed to run, with your web browser. For Firefox, click the "Menu" button, (three horizontal lines, top, right corner of FF), and the click "Add-ons". A new tab will open. Look for "Shockwave Flash". To the right, is a drop down menu. Make sure either "Ask to Activate", or "Always Activate" is selected. For Chrome, on Neopets, click on the "info" icon (circle with an "i" in the center, to the left of the address bar). Next to "Flash", click on the arrows and select "Always allow on this website", and then reload Neopets. It is also possible a browser extension or add-on could be causing the issue. Disable them, one at a time, and see if the games start working again. If they do, then the last extension/add-on you disabled may be the "culprit". Looking at the picture example you posted, "playwire" is an ad provider Neopets uses. And looks like it could be causing problems. Try using an ad blocker plugin for your browser and see if the games load. I do know where one person ended up making an exception in Chrome, for Neopets, to always allow Flash for Neopets, and that worked for them, even after trying most of what I said. Good luck!

5 hours ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

The Shockwave games haven't worked with Firefox for a long time now. No known reason why and no known work-around for FF that I know of. And, with version 52 (released this month), Firefox dropped support for NPAPI plugins, like Chrome did in 2015, and that means it no longer supports Shockwave. So, if you have a Windows PC, you have 3 (three) options, and if a Mac, 1 (one).

For Windows:

1. Use IE 11. Yeah, I know most do not like IE 11, but it does work. If giving it a try, you must add, without the quotes, "neopets.com" to IE 11's "Compatibility View Settings". If you don't, the Shockwave game may tell you that you aren't using the latest plugin ("Sad Usul"), even though you are. "Compatibility View Settings" can be found by clicking on the "gear" or "cog" icon, in the top, right corner of IE. When hovering over it, it will show "Tools". Then, just scroll down to "Compatibility View Settings". It will open a new window. In the text field, type (without quotes) "neopets.com" and click the "Add" button. Then click the "Close" button at the bottom of the window. To find IE 11 in Windows 10, click the "Start" button. Scroll down to the "W" section. Click on "Windows Accessories". You should see "Internet Explorer". Please note, some Shockwave games did "freeze" on me, when using it. Attack of the Slorgs was the main one. Once it froze, all I could was reload the game page and start all over. It may or may not happen to you, but fair warning.

2. Use the last version of Safari for Windows (5.8.1). It does work and supports Shockwave. It can still be found on the Net. However, Apple stopped making it/supporting it for Windows in 2012. If Shockwave is already installed on your PC, and you install Safari, you may have to install Shockwave again, for Safari to "recognize" it. Please note, using an outdated browser can put your computer's security at risk. So, use at your own risk. Personally, I prefer it, as I can play all of the Shockwave games with it, with no freezing. However, when I do use it, I only use it on Neopets, and when on Neopets, I only use it to play the Shockwave games. I do not do dailies or anything else with it. Once I am done playing the Shockwave games, I log off of Neopets and close it. I then use Firefox to do my "normal" Neopets stuff.

3. Although Chrome stopped supporting Shockwave in 2015, if you wish, you can still use it to play Shockwave games. To do so, you must use an extension like "IE Tab". "IE Tab" allows tabs to be opened within Chrome, but use the "IE engine". As the tabs are using Internet Explorer to display the pages, "IE Tab" allows plugins, like Shockwave to work. Just remember to login to Neopets via the "IE Tab" tabbed page. If you don't and play a Shockwave game, Neopets might not post your score, as it considers you not logged in, even if you are logged in on a "regular" Chrome tab. This trick only works on Windows PCs, as Internet Explorer is not available for Macs.

For Macs:

1. Unfortunately, I do not own a Mac, so I cannot personally verify. But, I heard the Shockwave games do work with Safari on Macs. Shockwave is available for Safari on Adobe's website. However, I do have a feeling Apple will follow suit with Safari, as Chrome, and now Firefox, have done, by no longer supporting NPAPI plugins. When, I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was with the next Safari update.

Hope this helps, good luck and get those Shockwave avatars!

• 4 weeks later...

I saw that this question was posted a long time ago, but I am still having trouble, so I thought I'd ask.

I was doing the Altador Plot quests and I am at the part where I have to click the Dark Fairy's flame-covered hands in The Book of Ages.

Problem is, I can't actually click it. I did what the other post suggested, which was clear my cache and repeat some steps.

I cleared my cache, checked that the last constellation was still there (Hunter), talked to the Janitor, the Archives Guy, and the Astronomy Club people before going back and trying again. Still can't click her hand.

It's pretty frustrating since I am sooooooooooo close and it's not working now.

Also, when I cleared my cache I actually messed up the Flash Player for Google Chromehow and wasn't able to access any maps for an hour and a half. It's working now, again, though, thankfully. Not really sure what happened there. I tried re-installing the Adobe player but it still didn't work..and now it just randomly is again.