Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

13 hours ago, Pessimisticat said:

I saw that this question was posted a long time ago, but I am still having trouble, so I thought I'd ask.

I was doing the Altador Plot quests and I am at the part where I have to click the Dark Fairy's flame-covered hands in The Book of Ages.

Problem is, I can't actually click it. I did what the other post suggested, which was clear my cache and repeat some steps.

I cleared my cache, checked that the last constellation was still there (Hunter), talked to the Janitor, the Archives Guy, and the Astronomy Club people before going back and trying again. Still can't click her hand.

It's pretty frustrating since I am sooooooooooo close and it's not working now.

Also, when I cleared my cache I actually messed up the Flash Player for Google Chromehow and wasn't able to access any maps for an hour and a half. It's working now, again, though, thankfully. Not really sure what happened there. I tried re-installing the Adobe player but it still didn't work..and now it just randomly is again.

When you hover over the Dark Faerie's hands, on page 53, in the Book of Ages, http://www.neopets.com/altador/archives.phtml?archivist=1&examine_book=1&view_page=52, your mouse cursor should change to the "finger/hand" pointer, like when you hover over a hyper-link on a web page. It will then take you to this page/image: http://www.neopets.com/altador/archives.phtml?dfhv=5caf64097f20de6ffd2d6e21bbd415cc. If you are on that page, then you cannot click on the hands/flames, and have already completed what you needed to. Click on the "Return to the Archivist's Office" button, and continue on, from there.

As far as Flash, Flash for Chrome is "built-in" to Chrome. Check to see if Chrome has an update (Menu, Help, About Google Chrome). If an update is available, click the "Update" button. Latest Chrome is 57.0.2987.133. If Chrome is up-to-date, you can to see if Flash is. Type, without the quotes, "chome://components" in Chrome's address bar. Look for Adobe Flash Player. Click the "Check for update" button. Latest Flash is 25.0.0.148. If it finds an update, it will download and install it. Once completed, clear Chrome's cache, and close Chrome. Reopen Chrome and see if the Map of Neopia is working.

You may need to enable Flash on Neopets. In Chrome, go to Neopets. Click in the circle icon, with the "i" in the center, to the left of the address bar. Look for "Flash". Set to it to "Always allow on this site".

8 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

When you hover over the Dark Faerie's hands, on page 53, in the Book of Ages, http://www.neopets.com/altador/archives.phtml?archivist=1&examine_book=1&view_page=52, your mouse cursor should change to the "finger/hand" pointer, like when you hover over a hyper-link on a web page. It will then take you to this page/image: http://www.neopets.com/altador/archives.phtml?dfhv=5caf64097f20de6ffd2d6e21bbd415cc. If you are on that page, then you cannot click on the hands/flames, and have already completed what you needed to. Click on the "Return to the Archivist's Office" button, and continue on, from there.

As far as Flash, Flash for Chrome is "built-in" to Chrome. Check to see if Chrome has an update (Menu, Help, About Google Chrome). If an update is available, click the "Update" button. Latest Chrome is 57.0.2987.133. If Chrome is up-to-date, you can to see if Flash is. Type, without the quotes, "chome://components" in Chrome's address bar. Look for Adobe Flash Player. Click the "Check for update" button. Latest Flash is 25.0.0.148. If it finds an update, it will download and install it. Once completed, clear Chrome's cache, and close Chrome. Reopen Chrome and see if the Map of Neopia is working.

You may need to enable Flash on Neopets. In Chrome, go to Neopets. Click in the circle icon, with the "i" in the center, to the left of the address bar. Look for "Flash". Set to it to "Always allow on this site".

So, no idea why but I was able to click on her hands today...I didn't do anything differently but go to the book and try again.

And the maps also started working again after an hour of not last night.

On the neoboards, it seemed as if someone else was having a similar problem yesterday, too. Not really sure what happened but everything is working fine now, and I didn't really have to do anything extra.

Thanks for the help, though. <3 <3

The Daily Question (April 19) is glitched. There are 2 possible questions to get: the one mentioned on here (and JellyNeo): "Which of these Lutaris is a member of the Seekers?", answer: Tom Cotterpin, and "Which of these Wockies which was painted Invisible was caught stealing Neggs?" (Answer: Anskye). The problem isn't just that the latter one doesn't give the Ruki Red Lutari Pop, but you might also be told you answered the question incorrectly, because it switched to the other question while you answered. (That's what happened to me. Despite a few refreshes and re-opening the tab, I kept getting the Wocky question, but after answering 'Anskye', I got this message:

"Which of these Lutaris is a member of the Seekers?
Oops! Nice try, but the correct answer was:
Tom Cotterpin

Try again tomorrow.")

Just thought I'd post to let people know. (And I didn't think it required a new thread + replying to the Daily Question thread isn't possible.)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it's just me, but I can't get my closet to load. My flash player keeps crashing and yes it's up to date and allowed to run on Neopets. I can't check on Safari because flash is not running on Safari for some bizarre reason.

47 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

Not sure if it's just me, but I can't get my closet to load. My flash player keeps crashing and yes it's up to date and allowed to run on Neopets. I can't check on Safari because flash is not running on Safari for some bizarre reason.

My closet seems to work when I go to change my Zafara's clothes, though. That's really odd.

2 hours ago, NeoStep said:

My closet seems to work when I go to change my Zafara's clothes, though. That's really odd.

Thanks, It's definitely on my end then. I'm going totry my hubby's computer before removing things from my closet. :D

1 hour ago, Mouseykins said:

Thanks, It's definitely on my end then. I'm going totry my hubby's computer before removing things from my closet. :D

I hope it works for your hubby's computer! ^^ Best of luck!

Closet troubles? I don't know if it's the amount of stuff in the closet, or if maybe your computer needs a restart? Or it could even be a bit of both. I've had that issue, where my computer just couldn't seem to handle loading up the closet and the hourglass graphic would just stop spinning after a while but I could still move it/the cursor around. Closing stuff out, or giving the computer a restart works for me. Good luck getting your closet to load!

On 2017-05-02 at 4:02 AM, Aquamentis12 said:

Closet troubles? I don't know if it's the amount of stuff in the closet, or if maybe your computer needs a restart? Or it could even be a bit of both. I've had that issue, where my computer just couldn't seem to handle loading up the closet and the hourglass graphic would just stop spinning after a while but I could still move it/the cursor around. Closing stuff out, or giving the computer a restart works for me. Good luck getting your closet to load!

My iMac most definitely does not need a restart, it's been shut down and powered back up frequently due to scheduled power outages. Apparently with large amounts of items in your closet and using a Mac causes the closet not to load. My only two solutions are use my husband's computer since he's on a windows dinosaur or remove things from my closet. Haven't bothered to try either of them yet. Probably telling me I need to clean out my closet lol.

1 hour ago, alexinwonderland said:

Is anyone else having issues with the NC Mall today? I can't get any part of it to load.

The Mall has been down most of the day. They're probably working on something in the Mall and took it down. So you're not alone! :D

1 hour ago, Ashbash said:

Yeah, expellibox hasn't worked for me in a few days. :( It's my least favorite daily anyways so I'm kind of okay with it. 

It's kinda weird that it hasn't worked for you for a few days though - it was working just fine for me until today. :/

(I kinda love the expellibox, because even though most of the time the prizes are meh/worthless, the occasional 150 NC makes up for that. :D)

15 hours ago, Nielo said:

It's kinda weird that it hasn't worked for you for a few days though - it was working just fine for me until today. :/

(I kinda love the expellibox, because even though most of the time the prizes are meh/worthless, the occasional 150 NC makes up for that. :D)

I just hate the noise it makes and I almost always forget to turn my volume down. It is strange though, I went three days without it working but it does seem to be working today! 

2 hours ago, buggyeyes said:

Is the site loading entirely in french for anyone else? I keep changing the language back to english but it just goes right back to french. I tried to submit a ticket but it wouldn't go through :/

My guess is you changed the language to get your pet to read a book, or eat something it doesn't like. Try changing the language back to English, by going to the NC Mall, and change the language at the bottom of that web page. For some reason, it seems to "stick" better, when changing it in the NC Mall. If that doesn't work, the language change is stored in a "cookie". By deleting your browser's cookies, it should default back to English. Remember to close your browser, reopen it, and go to Neopets, after doing so. Please note, if you play Kass Basher, that information is stored in a cookie, too. When you delete the cookies, you will be back to the loaf of bread and all of your hits will be cleared.

If you use Firefox, you can delete the individual cookie that stores the language info. Click on "Menu" (three horizontal lines, top, right corner of Firefox), then select "Options". On the left, click on "Privacy". On the right, look for the "History" heading and click the "remove individual cookies" link. In the "search" text field, type, without the quotes, "neopets.com". Scroll down and look in the "Cookie Name" column for the one called "lang". Click on it to highlight it, and click the "Remove Selected" button. Go back to your Neopets tab, close the tab, and open a new one for Neopets. The language should now be back to your default language.

I'm sure there might be a similar process for Chrome and Safari, but I mainly use Firefox, so I haven't tried it for the other two.

Hope this helps.

On 5/30/2017 at 1:05 AM, Scoobert_Doo said:

My guess is you changed the language to get your pet to read a book, or eat something it doesn't like. Try changing the language back to English, by going to the NC Mall, and change the language at the bottom of that web page. For some reason, it seems to "stick" better, when changing it in the NC Mall. If that doesn't work, the language change is stored in a "cookie". By deleting your browser's cookies, it should default back to English. Remember to close your browser, reopen it, and go to Neopets, after doing so. Please note, if you play Kass Basher, that information is stored in a cookie, too. When you delete the cookies, you will be back to the loaf of bread and all of your hits will be cleared.

If you use Firefox, you can delete the individual cookie that stores the language info. Click on "Menu" (three horizontal lines, top, right corner of Firefox), then select "Options". On the left, click on "Privacy". On the right, look for the "History" heading and click the "remove individual cookies" link. In the "search" text field, type, without the quotes, "neopets.com". Scroll down and look in the "Cookie Name" column for the one called "lang". Click on it to highlight it, and click the "Remove Selected" button. Go back to your Neopets tab, close the tab, and open a new one for Neopets. The language should now be back to your default language.

I'm sure there might be a similar process for Chrome and Safari, but I mainly use Firefox, so I haven't tried it for the other two.

Hope this helps.

I use firefox too and the NC mall switch did the trick. Thanks!

(and you were close! I changed the language to try to get donny at the terror mountain toy repair shop to fix my broken bouncy zafara toy that he keeps insisting isn't broken, which is another issues I'm having with the site entirely :confused:)

• 4 weeks later...