Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

This is a post I made about unable to remove/equip weapons in battledome. I have no idea how to even contact neopets. Emailed ([email protected]) them once when I thought my weapons disappeared. But there was no reply from them up till now. I have no other ideas how to solve this bug other than transferring my pet in order to remove weapons.

Is the NC Mall acting weird for anyone else? The page acts as though I'm not logged in, even though I am. (I even did the Expellibox daily while on it, although I have no way of knowing if it actually worked, since I didn't win anything, nor did my pet get any diseases from it.)

You_re_confused_Neopets_I_m_already_logg

2 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Is the NC Mall acting weird for anyone else? The page acts as though I'm not logged in, even though I am. (I even did the Expellibox daily while on it, although I have no way of knowing if it actually worked, since I didn't win anything, nor did my pet get any diseases from it.)

Yeah it's the same for me, so it's TNT borking things, not you, lol!

1 hour ago, Nielo said:

Ah, I posted about this in the cupcake thread. Yeah, having the same issue.

14 hours ago, Angeló said:

the pages are taking forever to load

i dont know if its just me but other websites *like this one for example* are loading normally 

Neopets could have been slow, earlier. I didn't get on until later this afternoon, and the pages seemed to load normally. Is it still happening?

• 2 weeks later...

The Shop Wizard http://www.neopets.com/market.phtml?type=wizard function seems to be changed. I seem to remember being able to update a price search by simply refreshing my browser. Now when I do that, it goes to the Market instead. For example, I'm putting in the Triple Tier Space Faerie Cake. The Shop Wizard gives me one page of results as usual. But now, when I reload Firefox, it shifts to http://www.neopets.com/market.phtml . Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, I could just re-input the search into the SW again. But if I was on a Faerie Quest, I wouldn't be able to keep using even a separate browser window which I often keep open for just such situations to make sure I find the real lowest price. Am I doing something wrong or different than usual and just being absent minded or is this really a change? 

@lakecat I've had no problem with doing this. How are you refreshing your page? I'm on an iMac and using Firefox and all I do is use cmd + r. So for windows it would be ctrl + r. If you're using the hard refresh involving the F4 button, then that could be what's giving you problems. Let me know how you're reloading the page and we'll see if it's just your method. :D

@SmallFry How are you trying to unequip your weapons? You have to go directly to the Battledome Stats page and select the pet you want to change the equipment on. Click on the red - in the top right corner of the weapon icon. A pop-up should come up with the weapon you've selected to remove and you'll need to enter in your PIN (which if you don't have one there I'd put one on so your weapons are safe if your account is ever breached) and click the unequip button on the right. If that's what you're doing and it's not working then you'll need to troubleshoot a bit more or send in a ticket through the help site.

1 hour ago, lakecat said:

The Shop Wizard http://www.neopets.com/market.phtml?type=wizard function seems to be changed. I seem to remember being able to update a price search by simply refreshing my browser. Now when I do that, it goes to the Market instead. For example, I'm putting in the Triple Tier Space Faerie Cake. The Shop Wizard gives me one page of results as usual. But now, when I reload Firefox, it shifts to http://www.neopets.com/market.phtml . Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, I could just re-input the search into the SW again. But if I was on a Faerie Quest, I wouldn't be able to keep using even a separate browser window which I often keep open for just such situations to make sure I find the real lowest price. Am I doing something wrong or different than usual and just being absent minded or is this really a change? 

i'm having this problem too as well as many other Neopians 

This is a Chrome issue as of version 60.0.3112.101 on the stable channel

resubmitted POST requests do not actually POST any data unsure.gif

Only way to avoid it is to not update Chrome if you haven't ... and if you have, hope Chrome patches this quickly (there is some current activity in the issue tracker on this issue, so fingers crossed)

44 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i'm having this problem too as well as many other Neopians 

This is a Chrome issue as of version 60.0.3112.101 on the stable channel

resubmitted POST requests do not actually POST any data unsure.gif

Only way to avoid it is to not update Chrome if you haven't ... and if you have, hope Chrome patches this quickly (there is some current activity in the issue tracker on this issue, so fingers crossed)

Unfortunately, you may have to use a different browser, until Chrome fixes it. Chrome 60.0.3112.101 was released yesterday. Other options could be to disable Chrome automatic updates (not a good idea, from a security stand point), or, if Chrome already updated, uninstall it and install an earlier version (again, not a good idea from a security stand point). Listed as issue #747812 on the Chromium Bugs page. Interestingly enough, issue was reported on 24 July 2017 and has been noted on Windows and Mac.

They said they were on Firefox, not Chrome.  I use Chrome on a Chromebook, and was refreshing fine (just having to say yes resubmit) when I was using regular shop wiz until a few days ago when they did premium sale.  In past years, it would occasionally do that, I think maybe if I refreshed too fast, or if I accidentally hit F6+enter (enter url) instead of F5+enter.  Did it happen just once, or is it a persistent problem?

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

They said they were on Firefox, not Chrome.  I use Chrome on a Chromebook, and was refreshing fine (just having to say yes resubmit) when I was using regular shop wiz until a few days ago when they did premium sale.  In past years, it would occasionally do that, I think maybe if I refreshed too fast, or if I accidentally hit F6+enter (enter url) instead of F5+enter.  Did it happen just once, or is it a persistent problem?

its a new problem .. cuz a couple days ago i used the shop wiz to price my codestones ... and it worked fine

im sure itll b fixed soon

I apologize for causing some confusion. I said it was happening by refreshing Firefox. It is actually on Chrome. I use Firefox for most sites, including Neopets for several years. but switched to Chrome for Neopets some time ago. Thanks for your responses. I hope it gets fixed soon.

I'm glad everyone was able to figure out what was going on with that. I was kind of puzzled too. Chrome is even being a pain on my daughter's tablet. I may download firefox for it one of these days.

3 hours ago, acmerasta said:

Hi guys. Don't you just hit the search button again to refresh a Shop Wizard Search?  I don't refresh the entire page and if you only hit search, you don't get the re-submit pop-up window either. it just refreshes the search results. 

Maybe this differs by browser, but I don't have a 'search again' button, only a 'new search,' which takes me to the original shop wizard page where I'd have to put the item name back in and reselect 'identical', which obviously I don't want to do every time. So I just refresh the page. 

I just tried refreshing again and didn't get sent to the marketplace, so yay! I can price my nerkmids finally -.-

To price nerkmids on SSW you can use the price only (limited) checkmark, which will give you an "average" price, then you can put limit it with price max at or below that, and continue until you are exact enough for your preferences.

Yeah, if your browser doesn't clear page, you might be able to use the back button and click search again without filling everything out, but it's typically safer to use refresh.

21 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Maybe this differs by browser, but I don't have a 'search again' button, only a 'new search,' which takes me to the original shop wizard page where I'd have to put the item name back in and reselect 'identical', which obviously I don't want to do every time. So I just refresh the page. 

I just tried refreshing again and didn't get sent to the marketplace, so yay! I can price my nerkmids finally -.-

I use Chrome and my SW looks like this. I just hit the Search button again when I want to refresh the search. 

SW.jpg

That is definitely not what mine does.  I press search and a new page loads that has the search results but not the What are you looking for? box.  That's what it has done for the past 15+ years. I don't know what sorcery you have managed.

2 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

That is definitely not what mine does.  I press search and a new page loads that has the search results but not the What are you looking for? box.  That's what it has done for the past 15+ years. I don't know what sorcery you have managed.

Same here, I've never seen the search results load underneath the 'What are you looking for' box. :whaa: