Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

I just tried doing Kiko Pop, which worked for me yesterday. The graphic is gone, and on Wheel of Mediocrity, it also has just a white background with text. Is this a flash issue? I'm using Chrome for Neopets. I thought I didn't have to do anything with Flash anymore? Someone walk me through the steps to fix this please and thanks. :angel:

EDIT: I updated Chrome. That fixed it. Flash plays fine now. I guess I didn't have it set to update automatically.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, raelilphil said:

I'm having that issue, and I need to send a pet for the pet lending, and the pound won't show up.  My Chrome says it is updated.  Help!!???

For Flash and Chrome:

1. Go to Neopets, with Chrome.

2. Click on the circle with the "i" in the center, located to the left of the web address.

3. In the list that opens, look for "Flash".

4. Change it from "Ask (default)", to "Always allow on this site".

5. Refresh the page and see if the Pound is working.

That has worked for many, but not for all. Hopefully, it works for you. Also, clearing Chrome's cache may help, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I was typing a Neomail but before it would send it was blocked. Apparently I used some word that is forbidden. I'll paste the text here and let you see.

Subject: T Day

Hi, yes, Thanksgiving was OK. I wish I had felt a little better but I've been worse. As far as these games, I will take it day by day too. I think the extra concentration is the problem. I can manage headaches better if I can relax. So simpler games are easier. But I think the challenge of improving one's skill is the whole point. So I'm glad for everyone else. Maybe no rare super prize for me but perhaps a few I can earn despite this. I've won a few valuable items in the past.

It just occurred to me: could it be kill in skill? :confused:

1 hour ago, lakecat said:

I was typing a Neomail but before it would send it was blocked. Apparently I used some word that is forbidden. I'll paste the text here and let you see.

It just occurred to me: could it be kill in skill? :confused:

Yup, that's the problem right there. You'll have to search a synonym for it. Good luck :P

55 minutes ago, Duma said:

Yup, that's the problem right there. You'll have to search a synonym for it. Good luck :P

I'll try. If only I had the ability to do that...I guess I lack that talent and aptitude. :D

You'd think by now they could update their filter system maybe? :whistle: (Has anyone posted a list of problem words? :graduated: )

(P.S. I love your Cheetah avatar. :thumbsup:)

I don't know if there is a list, but there have been several topics here. I used the search function like this: https://www.tdnforums.com/search/?&q=word censored &type=forums_topic&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles&sortby=newest and it gave me a few topics with examples. One trick I found they mentioned is to try and paste in into your petpage, apparently it tells you what word is wrong.

(P.S. Thank you. I like it too ^_^)

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The stock market's disappeared . . .

My portfolio's there, but there's no bargain stocks or full listing.

I noticed that too, it's been like that for 24 hours already. You can still buy shares if you have stocks in your portfolio that just happen to be 15, or if someone you know tells you what's at 15 if they have it in their portfolio. That's how I bough my dailies amount of stocks today.

6 hours ago, Duma said:

I noticed that too, it's been like that for 24 hours already. You can still buy shares if you have stocks in your portfolio that just happen to be 15, or if someone you know tells you what's at 15 if they have it in their portfolio. That's how I bough my dailies amount of stocks today.

I'm just glad it wasn't me doing something monumentally stupid, lol.

Someone on the boards made a sensible suggestion; watching the ticker in your portfolio will let you see which ones are at 15 if none of yours currently are. Good thinking there. :D

51 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Someone on the boards made a sensible suggestion; watching the ticker in your portfolio will let you see which ones are at 15 if none of yours currently are. Good thinking there. :D

Awh, I wish I had thought of that. I just forewent my stocks yesterday /: Oh well. 

11 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Awh, I wish I had thought of that. I just forewent my stocks yesterday /: Oh well. 

You can use it today though so all is not lost. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Error: You have been directed to this page from the wrong place! If you KEEP getting this error, chances are you have some security settings enabled that are not letting you play Neopets correctly.

Click here to see some tips that might help you fix this problem.

I keep getting this error message! I do not know how to fix it. It will not let me purchase anything. I have looked on the instructions on how to fix it and they did not make sense. I have a mac and am using firefox.

55 minutes ago, 7edk95 said:

Error: You have been directed to this page from the wrong place! If you KEEP getting this error, chances are you have some security settings enabled that are not letting you play Neopets correctly.

Click here to see some tips that might help you fix this problem.

I keep getting this error message! I do not know how to fix it. It will not let me purchase anything. I have looked on the instructions on how to fix it and they did not make sense. I have a mac and am using firefox.

What link are you clicking on that takes you to that error message/page? Are you using any plugins/extensions like "noscript" or "ghostry" or are you using Firefox's "incognito" mode? From the sound of it, I suspect you are trying to buy something from the NC Mall?

• 3 weeks later...

Is Neopets completely down?

Cuz it's not loading at all :(

12 minutes ago, alleekay said:

The server seems to be down.

It was up for a few minutes 10 minutes ago, but promptly crashed again

Good lord...TNT fix it before I go crazy lol

According to my friend it's been like this for at least three hours :( I'm hoping it comes back before the day ends so I can finish the rest of my dailies. I was able to get Trudy's Surprise and the free training for my Aisha in during a brief five minute window that the server was back up.

I noticed everyone was saying neopets was down yesterday. I logged on tonight and noticed ALL of my neocash items are GONE! I'm hoping that maybe it is glitched?! Should I wait to submit a ticket or submit one now?