Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

Don't we wish that Lag-B-Gone actually worked? <_< 

Hopefully this means they're working on something and they'll fix it sooner rather than later. Or they should have had a planned "Site down for maintenance" period and let us know in advance.... :angry:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts on topic. This is for reporting site issues and posting solutions.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I second what @acmerasta said. I wish they would either make an announcement in advance, or make it go A LOT faster. Sometimes we get a couple hours of lag, and I can understand that, especially when it's followed by some sort of site event or update. But it's been a full 24 hours now, and aside from two new achievements on the plot page that don't even look like they were formatted properly, there's nothing to show for it. Very frustrating. I hope this ends soon.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts on topic. This is for reporting site issues and posting solutions.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

38 minutes ago, thrillerman1234 said:

Is anyone's pin gone or is a hacker trying to steal my account?

Try refreshing the page? It's most likely due to the site being super duper slow today. I've had my PIN disappear a few times before (not today) and a refresh did the trick.

Just a reminder: This is NOT a general chat board or comment board. This board is for posting issues with Neopets and providing a solution if known. It is now a well-known fact that the site is behaving erratically due to lag so further comments on the matter are not necessary until the site starts working again. Thank you for your cooperation!

Yeah I'm having major issue too, it's been more than 24 hours for me. It's taking me a long time to do anything. I haven't even bothered with my dailies. I did the omelette and got two of them after a long 10 minutes of lag/loading. If anyone else is having that issue I would HIGHLY suggest not doing dailies till it's fixed as we don't want to get blamed for stupid stuff like taking advantage of a glitch or something.

3 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with loading/refreshing issues. Today is the second day of this problem for me. The Fruit Machine has been absolutely hopeless for two weeks, and it take me 6 to 9 minutes to do the crossword puzzle. I can usually do it in under two minutes. Apple Bobbing requires five refreshes to load properly, and that's on top of the unrelated jury selection I had on Monday! Not a good week for me.

I thought it was only me at first too.  But when other websites were completely fine, I realized it was Neopets.  Plus, I went to "isitdownrightnow" and other people were complaining about the lag/downtime too.  Posting the crossword puzzle this morning was nearly impossible, I came back later and it was better but it still took a while.  It took over 6 mins for me as well.  It seems a little bit better this evening, but still not perfect.  Hopefully the FCWP will be better tomorrow morning.

I'm now wondering if whatever's causing the lag is interfering with the filters in some way. I've just given up trying to reply to a NM from @Yuiina (sorry girl) because no matter what I removed/edited it wouldn't send it, despite there being NOTHING to trigger the filter police.

EDIT: Trudy seems to be completely in a tizzy at the moment, lol, I've collected from her twice - thinking I'd done something wrong the first time - but I'm not actually getting the NP. The second time I made a point of looking at my on hand amount afterwards and while it did show the increase, but it wasn't there when I went to the bargain stocks page, and the notification for her isn't going away.

I guess I'll try again later and hope it actually registers. In the meantime, maybe you need to go have a lie down, Trudy. :ph34r:

EDIT2: Trudy maybe listened to me and took a nap, as I've been able to collect from her now. :)

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm now wondering if whatever's causing the lag is interfering with the filters in some way. I've just given up trying to reply to a NM from @Yuiina (sorry girl) because no matter what I removed/edited it wouldn't send it, despite there being NOTHING to trigger the filter police.

EDIT: Trudy seems to be completely in a tizzy at the moment, lol, I've collected from her twice - thinking I'd done something wrong the first time - but I'm not actually getting the NP. The second time I made a point of looking at my on hand amount afterwards and while it did show the increase, but it wasn't there when I went to the bargain stocks page, and the notification for her isn't going away.

I guess I'll try again later and hope it actually registers. In the meantime, maybe you need to go have a lie down, Trudy. :ph34r:

EDIT2: Trudy maybe listened to me and took a nap, as I've been able to collect from her now. :)

I just collected my Trudy's Surprise reward and my Neopoints count did go up so she's working now. In case anyone is wondering. :D

Concerning the "lag", this was posted, today, 1 February 2018, on "The Official Neopets Team Message Board":

ref: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=159238516

"TNT Update - Lag"

Hey folks!

Scrappy here! Just wanted to let you all know that we are aware of this extremely annoying lag and we have been looking into what could be causing it! It should hopefully be fixed very soon but don't fret, this is not a sign of impending doom.

I'll let you know when we have more updates for you!!

-TNT

P.S. Go check out our new Sweetheart Gram in the NC Mall!!

It's a total drag (ba dum tss) doing NeoQuest with this lag. I'm getting weird effects, too, like the healing potions not showing up during battles, and now it's taking back to the starting page when I hit "attack". That gave me quite a fight the first time it happened. This is my fifth go at insane, and I'm currently at level 40 - I do NOT want to be starting over again!

Thanks for that update Scoobert. As of right now, I'm having trouble just moving things from my inventory. Some other things are too slow to do as well. :whistle: :sleeping_anim:

For example, it just took me 9 minutes to complete a spin on the Fruit Machine. :confused: :huh:

I'm not sure where to post this, so I guess here will do. There is a wrong answer in today's (Monday's) Daily Puzzle. It asks about Kentari, so I looked that up. The correct answer should read Wonderous Weaponry, which is what I gave. But instead, it says "Neoboards" is the correct answer. 

When not sailing with the crew of the Cyodrake's Gaze, Kentari runs the Wonderous Weaponry shop in the peaceful land of Shenkuu. 

http://www.neopets.com/neopedia.phtml?neopedia_id=154

Neopets Daily Puzzle Answer 02-05-18.JPG

Wow, that's going to be really frustrating for people who know the answer so choose the weapons shop only to be told they're wrong. :axehead:

Though on the general JS boo-boo scale, this is a pretty small one, isn't it, lol.

15 hours ago, lakecat said:

I'm not sure where to post this, so I guess here will do. There is a wrong answer in today's (Monday's) Daily Puzzle. It asks about Kentari, so I looked that up. The correct answer should read Wonderous Weaponry, which is what I gave. But instead, it says "Neoboards" is the correct answer. 

http://www.neopets.com/neopedia.phtml?neopedia_id=154

Neopets Daily Puzzle Answer 02-05-18.JPG

Sunday's answer was wrong, too.

Daily Puzzle Answer - [Play]

Where does finneus spend most of his time?

Answer:virtupets station

The Neopedia says this, about Finneus:

Despite his advanced age, Finneus is still known for his sharp mind and is a very well respected member of the Altadorian community. He spends the vast majority of his time in the Altadorian Archives, which supply him with both his job and passion for knowledge.

I'm curious to see what tomorrow's Daily Question and answer are going to be. At least they aren't asking the same question over and over again.

Problem: have updated flash player, but I can't play games: I just get a grey screen. I also can't access the map: it doesn't even try to load, all that comes up are the descriptions of the lands and when I clicked those to go there all I got was the little blurb for each area and the "Go back to x" right underneath it. Help pls. 

2 hours ago, twazzock said:

Problem: have updated flash player, but I can't play games: I just get a grey screen. I also can't access the map: it doesn't even try to load, all that comes up are the descriptions of the lands and when I clicked those to go there all I got was the little blurb for each area and the "Go back to x" right underneath it. Help pls. 

Have you cleared your browser's cache? Have you "allowed" Flash for Neopets with the browser you are using? What browser are you using, so I can post instructions how?

If you use Chrome, take a look here, for enabling Flash on Neopets in Chrome:

https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/47070-best-ad-blocker-for-chrome/?tab=comments#comment-836076

• 4 weeks later...

Is the site really lagging for everyone today?  I checked, "isitdownrightnow.com" and it actually says the site is down.  It isn't down for me but it is lagging so bad it might as well be.  

OH OH!!!

Maybe it's because . . .

*drumroll*

They're updating the plot!!

:laugh:

It doesn't seem QUITE so bad now, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part. But I'm done on there for the day now anyway.