Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

5 minutes ago, teethers said:

Also having issues with Trudy - with all wheels, actually.  Hoping I don't need to restart tomorrow ... today was my 100k day :'(

i can relate...... lost my streak too. I didn't know what day I was on but I was really counting on the 18.5k np to come at least. plus, I have this unbearable lag! feels bad.

15 minutes ago, Angeló said:

There's definitely a lag today

i think the Charity Corner is the reason 

Not much of a stretch there, my good sir! lol

13 hours ago, thrillerman1234 said:

i can relate...... lost my streak too. I didn't know what day I was on but I was really counting on the 18.5k np to come at least. plus, I have this unbearable lag! feels bad.

Streak was lost .... ugh :(  I feel your pain!

58 minutes ago, ljohnsenmonk said:

is there a lag today too?

It doesn't seem as bad for me today.

Though it wasn't particularly bad for me yesterday, either.

1 hour ago, BEE. said:

Has anyone had any issues trying to access Sakhmet today? 

It's let me in ok. I went straight to Solitaire via my browser history and then went on to Sakhmet.

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It's let me in ok. I went straight to Solitaire via my browser history and then went on to Sakhmet.

Weird.. It just wouldn't load for me but everything else on the site was fine

I tried to do the lab ray just now, but I couldn't select my pet. The radio button would briefly turn blue/selected when I clicked it, but it wouldn't stick. (I didn't actually try clicking 'Carry on with the Experiment!', just in case something else went wrong and the wrong pet got selected by accident.)

*Edit: I just checked the neoboards, and apparently it has to with the latest Firefox update. The "fix" mentioned early on in that thread - selecting the pet on the left, then hitting the space bar and using the arrows to select the correct pet - worked for me, but I think I'll be looking into/hoping for a more permanent fix.

2 hours ago, Nielo said:

I tried to do the lab ray just now, but I couldn't select my pet. The radio button would briefly turn blue/selected when I clicked it, but it wouldn't stick. (I didn't actually try clicking 'Carry on with the Experiment!', just in case something else went wrong and the wrong pet got selected by accident.)

*Edit: I just checked the neoboards, and apparently it has to with the latest Firefox update. The "fix" mentioned early on in that thread - selecting the pet on the left, then hitting the space bar and using the arrows to select the correct pet - worked for me, but I think I'll be looking into/hoping for a more permanent fix.

I'm using FF and while I'm not zapping my lab rat right now I was able to select them and it stay selected, and I zapped the petpet with no problems, so maybe it's ok now.

I did have an automatic update when I started up today.

22 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'm using FF and while I'm not zapping my lab rat right now I was able to select them and it stay selected, and I zapped the petpet with no problems, so maybe it's ok now.

I did have an automatic update when I started up today.

Odd, I just opened the page again to check, but it still won't stay selected for me. (I also had the automatic update before my post this morning.) Maybe it's not just the update that's causing it then, but a combination of settings and OS version or something. (I use Windows 10.)

15 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Odd, I just opened the page again to check, but it still won't stay selected for me. (I also had the automatic update before my post this morning.) Maybe it's not just the update that's causing it then, but a combination of settings and OS version or something. (I use Windows 10.)

HA, you may well be right! I'm using . . . Vista :ph34r:

Though you'd think an antique OS would be MORE likely to cause problems, not enable you to avoid them. >_<

@Nielo Have you tried closing your browser out completely and reopening it? Sometimes for the updates, they don't take effect until your browser is opened again. I know that's the case for me, but I'm also on an iMac too. Might be worth a try if you haven't done that already. :D

Just now, Mouseykins said:

@Nielo Have you tried closing your browser out completely and reopening it? Sometimes for the updates, they don't take effect until your browser is opened again. I know that's the case for me, but I'm also on an iMac too. Might be worth a try if you haven't done that already. :D

Thanks for the tip. :) But I'd left the house (and switched off my laptop entirely) between my first and second post in this thread today. Also, it appears to be the update that caused the problem in the first place. (People on the neoboards also mentioned the problem starting after having gotten the update.) So it took effect right away, it just didn't exactly improve things. :P

21 minutes ago, BEE. said:

Anyone else getting major lag? I could just about do my dailies and the battledome yesterday. It's the same today >.<

EDIT:

dont worry. it seems to have sped up after i posted this.. lol

No no it's extremely laggy, especially the Battledome.

I wrote the entire TDN plot guide, edited and uploaded images and it still didn't let me in to fight the next baddie lol

The lag is really bad today. The lab ray supposedly changed my Red Cybunny to Desert about 20 minutes ago, but no matter how often I refresh, he's still showing up as Red.

*Edit: Turns out it's not the lag, because my labrat is still a Red Cybunny, despite JellyNeo's lab ray logger definitely confirming it should've turned into a Desert Cybunny yesterday. Anybody ever have a zap not go through like this?

Is anyone else having a hard time with the battledome loading today? It DOES load, it just takes FOREVER. It seems like whenever they update anything related to this plot, the site, or parts there of, start to lag.  Anyone else having any issues with anything?:arrowhead:

2 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

Is anyone else having a hard time with the battledome loading today? It DOES load, it just takes FOREVER. It seems like whenever they update anything related to this plot, the site, or parts there of, start to lag.  Anyone else having any issues with anything?:arrowhead:

I was just coming here to say it's fine for me, and sat here watching the loading circle going round and around . . . you jinxed it!

It's certainly being a bit sluggish right now.

3 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I was just coming here to say it's fine for me, and sat here watching the loading circle going round and around . . . you jinxed it!

It's certainly being a bit sluggish right now.

:baaasmiley:I guess I did, eh? It loads.  And loads and loads............but eventually it gets there.  Like I said, must be updating, or working on updating the plot again:huh:.

44 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

:baaasmiley:I guess I did, eh? It loads.  And loads and loads............but eventually it gets there.  Like I said, must be updating, or working on updating the plot again:huh:.

It actually has been quite slow for me as well, but I just assumed it was our internet. Good to know the answer. 

2 minutes ago, Kute said:

It actually has been quite slow for me as well, but I just assumed it was our internet. Good to know the answer. 

The answer being, it's @rntracy1's fault :ph34r:

Lag is in full-effect for me now, so I'm hoping there's something CC prize-wise going on.

The Battledome has been slow for me for the past couple of days. It may be plot related or it may just be firefox having a fit.