Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

The Battledome was kind of slow for me this morning, but I still managed to do my battles without too much trouble. 

Just now though I'm having problems with neomails. Whenever I try to send one, I get an error message saying that it couldn't be processed (completely different from the one saying you set off the filters, or whatever). I had to try resending three times before it seemed to go through...I hope I didn't spam my friend's inbox :x

5 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

The Battledome has been slow for me for the past couple of days. It may be plot related or it may just be firefox having a fit.

Same here, for about 3 days-ish and it's the same over all browsers so must be either CC shop or Plot related methinks.

1 hour ago, lojoco49 said:

Ugh!! I can't buy anything from user shops. Have been trying to buy a couple of codestones I need for training but keep getting this when I click to buy

Capture.JPG

I'm having the same problem on both my laptop and my phone. When I click reload it suggests a page that says security issues might be the issue, but I tried everything they suggested and nothing worked. Is everyone else having the same problem?

20 minutes ago, BrassOtter said:

I'm having the same problem on both my laptop and my phone. When I click reload it suggests a page that says security issues might be the issue, but I tried everything they suggested and nothing worked. Is everyone else having the same problem?

Glad to know it's not just me! I'm also having the exact same issue. No problems when I first logged in, but now I also Can't buy anything for shops, Have tried the suggestions and still getting the same error. :(

I had the same problem hours ago. I thought it was a problem at my end though as I've spent all day trying to resuscitate my laptop and only just had success now.

Interesting to know that particular problem was actually Neo and not me!

I can't buy anything from user shops either, and my pet image appears for only a few pages (like Map of Neopia for example), but then it goes blank again.

For the last few days, Movie Central has been unusable for feeding pets. I thought it would be back now that the pet images are working again, but no. Just spinning circles. If anyone else has been able to use it to feed their pets, please let me know. I want to know if it's on my end only.

UPDATE: I was finally able to use it to feed my pets. However, it appears to have the same pet image issue talked about elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know if this was addressed or not, having issues with feeding my pet, reading books, etc anything having to do with clicking on an item, nothing happens. I also cannot change my pet in the battledome or zap my pet at the lab ray. I am using FF (latest update). ad-blocker turned off, cleared my cache, etc.

If I use Chrome I can do all these things, but I hate chrome.

Any tips or we just waiting to see?

TIA

16 hours ago, ravendragonwing said:

I do not know if this was addressed or not, having issues with feeding my pet, reading books, etc anything having to do with clicking on an item, nothing happens. I also cannot change my pet in the battledome or zap my pet at the lab ray. I am using FF (latest update). ad-blocker turned off, cleared my cache, etc.

If I use Chrome I can do all these things, but I hate chrome.

Any tips or we just waiting to see?

TIA

Weird! How long has this been happening? I don't really know what could cause it - I haven't heard anyone else mention these issues (and everything is working fine for me), so I suspect it has to be something on your end. Perhaps the latest Firefox update messed with some settings? Maybe it no longer allows pop-ups from Neopets?

The only issue that sounds familiar is the one with the lab ray: does it have to do with not being able to select the radio button? Because that's been happening all over since the FF update. If that's the case, there's a work-around: you can click the left button and then hit the space bar. It should show it's selected then, and you can move the selection by using the arrow keys.

6 hours ago, Nielo said:

Weird! How long has this been happening? I don't really know what could cause it - I haven't heard anyone else mention these issues (and everything is working fine for me), so I suspect it has to be something on your end. Perhaps the latest Firefox update messed with some settings? Maybe it no longer allows pop-ups from Neopets?

The only issue that sounds familiar is the one with the lab ray: does it have to do with not being able to select the radio button? Because that's been happening all over since the FF update. If that's the case, there's a work-around: you can click the left button and then hit the space bar. It should show it's selected then, and you can move the selection by using the arrow keys.

The not being able to open items, just last night (it has since resolved with a restart). Pop ups are allowed, so I have no idea what was going on. I am having issues with Neopet pictures not showing (either blank or has the settings icon).  The work around worked great, thanks for that!!

13 hours ago, ravendragonwing said:

The not being able to open items, just last night (it has since resolved with a restart). Pop ups are allowed, so I have no idea what was going on. I am having issues with Neopet pictures not showing (either blank or has the settings icon).  The work around worked great, thanks for that!!

I'm glad that weird issue resolved itself! The pictures not showing is a known issue as well. (They may be working on something pet-related, but maybe things are just glitched. No one really knows. Currently, my pets are visible again, but that's no guarantee they'll stay that way.)

11 hours ago, Nielo said:

I'm glad that weird issue resolved itself! The pictures not showing is a known issue as well. (They may be working on something pet-related, but maybe things are just glitched. No one really knows. Currently, my pets are visible again, but that's no guarantee they'll stay that way.)

Yeah, mine are sometimes fine, sometimes half showing, same with Wheels and maps. I hope they fix it soon.

Thanks for the info!

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of things aren't loading for me right now: The Wheels, the Mall, Kiko Pop. Anything that requires loading, basically, though also Bart, and the bank which is a bit odd.

What is a little bizarre is once a page won't load it messes with my Dailies page too and I have to shut that down and re-open it to get it to work again.

What is maybe even more bizarre is it's not affecting the BD.

EDIT - I suspect this may be something at my end rather than a Neo issue as a game on another site is hanging, too. Time for a restart, me thinks!

5 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

A lot of things aren't loading for me right now: The Wheels, the Mall, Kiko Pop. Anything that requires loading, basically, though also Bart, and the bank which is a bit odd.

What is a little bizarre is once a page won't load it messes with my Dailies page too and I have to shut that down and re-open it to get it to work again.

I don't have any problems with those things. Did you try a different browser for them? Maybe your browser updated and that is messing things up?

1 hour ago, Duma said:

I don't have any problems with those things. Did you try a different browser for them? Maybe your browser updated and that is messing things up?

Neo stuff's ok since I re-started, but the other game (BTD5) still won't load, so it's definitely me. I'm gonna shut things down for a bit anyway while I have my afternoon recharge, maybe other things will work ok when I come back later.

12 hours ago, jellysundae said:

EDIT - I suspect this may be something at my end rather than a Neo issue as a game on another site is hanging, too. Time for a restart, me thinks!

You recently got a new laptop, yes? And I suspect you use Chrome, as your browser of choice? If yes to both, then you most likely need to enable Flash for Neopets within Chrome. (And the issue is on your end).

To do so:

1. Open Chrome and go to Neopets.

2. When on Neopets, in the address bar, click on the "i" in the circle icon - located to the left of the Neopets web address.

3. Look for "Flash".

4. Change the drop-down list from "Ask (default)" to "Allow".

5. Refresh the Neopets webpage, or, if Chrome asks you to refresh, let it. (It may automatically refresh. I can't remember).

6. See if the "Wheels", Map of Neopia, games, etc, now load.

Please note, you may need to do this for any site that uses Flash, like DTI (Dress To Impress).

Background: Most browsers, for a few years now, block Flash from loading. Mainly due to security reasons, and it slows the browser down. The "Wheels", Map of Neopia, Customization, Apple Bobbing Bart, The Bank, and most games on Neopets are Flash based. Without Flash being enabled for Neopets, causes those items not to load/work. The Battledome, however, is not Flash based. If you use Firefox, Firefox does not come with Flash "built-in" like Chrome, and requires downloading and installing. You will, also, have to enable Flash for Neopets within Firefox, too. If you use FF, please let me know and I can post instructions.

@Scoobert_Doo Firefox is my browser of choice, I've not actually downloaded Chrome on here yet but that will get done at some point, lol, but yes, I have had to allow Flash/Adobe when I've  visited places for the first time. No confusion with that process though (thankfully!), whatever couldn't work told me and why and I just had to click on it to allow things, then select the "always do this" check box in the pop-up.

I've no idea what was causing my problems on Neo yesterday, they diminished after a restart but some things that required loading still took a while to display, but everything's fine today. So it seems it was a problem entirely at my end and not Neo-related at all. Thank you for your assistance though, it's much appreciated. :3

---

Hmm, in the BD I can't get my combat log to open. Is anyone else having this problem?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

13 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Hmm, in the BD I can't get my combat log to open. Is anyone else having this problem?

I haven't been able to open mine in forever (for the longest time I just assumed it was glitched), but I think I read somewhere it has to do with having and ad-blocker on. Haven't tried if it works again if I turn my ad-blocker off though.

28 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I haven't been able to open mine in forever (for the longest time I just assumed it was glitched), but I think I read somewhere it has to do with having and ad-blocker on. Haven't tried if it works again if I turn my ad-blocker off though.

Now that's interesting. I was assuming it was because I have a new laptop and there's some setting somewhere preventing it from working. I have ABP on Firefox and my combat log worked fine on my old lappy. I did synch Firefox before using this one so I'm essentially using the exact same browser, but now it's not working . . .

I'll disable ABP just to see if it makes a difference, but I'm promptly re-enabling it. :laughingsmiley:

EDIT

OOH!!

Well well, I got it to work, and you might be able to, too!

So I disabled ABP and yep, combat log worked. Then I re-enabled ABP and combat log is STILL working. So it seems ad blockers prevent it from opening, but don't stop it working if it's already open. :D

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Now that's interesting. I was assuming it was because I have a new laptop and there's some setting somewhere preventing it from working. I have ABP on Firefox and my combat log worked fine on my old lappy. I did synch Firefox before using this one so I'm essentially using the exact same browser, but now it's not working . . .

I'll disable ABP just to see if it makes a difference, but I'm promptly re-enabling it. :laughingsmiley:

EDIT

OOH!!

Well well, I got it to work, and you might be able to, too!

So I disabled ABP and yep, combat log worked. Then I re-enabled ABP and combat log is STILL working. So it seems ad blockers prevent it from opening, but don't stop it working if it's already open. :D

it will work for a while then close again

just keep disabling your ad blocker when this happens 

• 3 weeks later...

And suddenly, laagggg.

Is the server taking a Sunday afternoon snooze?

Actually it's not afternoon in California yet is it, so that's no excuse, lol.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

And suddenly, laagggg.

Is the server taking a Sunday afternoon snooze?

Actually it's not afternoon in California yet is it, so that's no excuse, lol.

I knew I could come here for answers LOL! Lag / broken pages. ? bummmmmy.