Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

4 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I've just been able to deposit ok, I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox. Have you tried a restart to see if that fixes things?

Yes!! I tried and also with different amounts and nothing.

1 minute ago, sofib said:

Yes!! I tried and also with different amounts and nothing.

I got nothing then. ?‍♀️ Hopefully it's one of those weird misbehaviours that sort themselves out by the next day.

On 4/4/2019 at 10:04 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

Is Flash enabled for Neopets within your browser? Oddly enough, the "Bank" web page uses Flash. Which browser are you using?

Yes! Chrome, I couldn’t do it that day so I came back the next day and it was working fine. But thanks anyways. ?

3 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Same here. Using Firefox. It seems to be a site wide issue (aka on Neopets end).

just customize your pet with any item and save .. it'll restore them to our sight :) 

Not sure if it's a bug or what, but my High Roller avatar went back to default twice. I changed it back and it seems to be alright, but I'm keeping my eye on it.

every now and then I click on the map of Neopia and a certain land will not load. For the last week or two it's been The Lost Desert. There is a white screen that says The Lost Desert but no image. Sometimes a land will open but I can not click on any specific shops/areas. I've cleared and cleaned my pc, updated everything I could think of from pc to flash player to no avail. Any thoughts on this? 

I  wish to get around The Lost Desert today as I suspect a I might find a Negg there (?)

54 minutes ago, ava_reese said:

every now and then I click on the map of Neopia and a certain land will not load. For the last week or two it's been The Lost Desert. There is a white screen that says The Lost Desert but no image. Sometimes a land will open but I can not click on any specific shops/areas. I've cleared and cleaned my pc, updated everything I could think of from pc to flash player to no avail. Any thoughts on this? 

I  wish to get around The Lost Desert today as I suspect a I might find a Negg there (?)

I feel like I'm having a similar issue, but I think it's just certain images not loading. My Neopia Central Neohome image won't load on my user lookup, for instance. I have no idea what causes it or how to fix it though.

The avatar issue, is that after getting a 100k from Trudy's?  Because it has happened before to everyone. It was fixed for a while but it might be broken again. Mine switched to default yellow star last time too.

The pictures might be on Neo's end. There's been a lot of pictures that broke/got fixed/broke again. I'm guessing they're working really hard in the background to get rid of the flash part but some stuff/code will certainly break in the process.

20 hours ago, Angeló said:

just customize your pet with any item and save .. it'll restore them to our sight ?

I did try that earlier this week, but it didn't work. I just did it again, and I can now see my pet. Thanks! Maybe it was because I put the "Tin Foil Hat" on him?!

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:41 PM, Robin Hood said:

I feel like I'm having a similar issue, but I think it's just certain images not loading. My Neopia Central Neohome image won't load on my user lookup, for instance. I have no idea what causes it or how to fix it though.

Well, I also Can't look up any user or their shops. I just keep getting the message that "Meepits are working diligently". That's been going on for many months now.

I've been wondering if other people can look me up because I've been adopting Neopets sprucing them up and sending them back to the pound. It's advertised in my shop, which funds the cause, so I hope so. I would also like people's input on what they look for in an adopted pet but if they can't look me up they can't message me.

I wonder if administrators are monitoring this particular thread. I would love answers/suggestions.

Also if there's a thread where I may advertise my "Second Chance" pets.

We all get the message of the meepits but after a few seconds it should re-direct you to the profile or petpage. If you look up too many in a short time it may put you on a temporary time-out. Mostly guildleaders have to deal with that. I've never had it as I only rarely look up users or their pets.

I can't answer about what people look for in adoptable pets except for a good name/cool color which is different for everyone. I'm happy with my pets.

TNT/Neopets Administrators probably aren't monitoring this as this is just a fansite, we're an official fansite but there is no one from the Neopets team here. Of course we don't know if one of them sometimes comes and looks/reads around.

However, we do have a place were you can advertise your Second Chance pets. We have a thread for them here.

I hope the answers I gave you help you out at least. ^_^

22 hours ago, ava_reese said:

I just keep getting the message that "Meepits are working diligently".

There used to be captchas on the site that would have to be completed in order to visit user lookups and petpages. Instead of having the captchas, TNT made it authenticate automatically that the page request is legit and not from a bot. This message should appear for a couple of seconds and the page should redirect to where you were going. If it's not, try refreshing.

3 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

There used to be captchas on the site that would have to be completed in order to visit user lookups and petpages. Instead of having the captchas, TNT made it authenticate automatically that the page request is legit and not from a bot. This message should appear for a couple of seconds and the page should redirect to where you were going. If it's not, try refreshing.

For me currently I get the captchas on people's lookups but not on petpages, you got any idea why the captchas are there for some but not others then?

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

For me currently I get the captchas on people's lookups but not on petpages, you got any idea why the captchas are there for some but not others then?

Do you have them on pet lookups? I think I goofed. The captchas should be on user lookups and pet lookups, not petpages. :facepalm:

50 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

Do you have them on pet lookups? I think I goofed. The captchas should be on user lookups and pet lookups, not petpages. :facepalm:

Let me check... see I said pet pages up there, but I'm pretty sure what I actually meant to say was pet lookups, because I get those mixed up a lot, but what one of the two I ACTUALLY meant is anyone's guess. ?

*tests*

I got things exactly as you said in that quote. :nod_yes: I wonder if after this I'll actually be able to remember which is which... ?

On 4/13/2019 at 10:46 AM, ava_reese said:

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Since you mentioned you updated Flash, I wasn't sure how to advise, as, generally, the Neopian Maps are usually a Flash issue. BUT, you mentioned The Lost Desert. The Lost Desert map, like the Meridell and Brightvale maps, have been updated to HTML5 (aka non Flash).

On 4/16/2019 at 3:11 AM, ava_reese said:

Well, I also Can't look up any user or their shops. I just keep getting the message that "Meepits are working diligently". That's been going on for many months now.

I've been wondering if other people can look me up because I've been adopting Neopets sprucing them up and sending them back to the pound. It's advertised in my shop, which funds the cause, so I hope so. I would also like people's input on what they look for in an adopted pet but if they can't look me up they can't message me.

I wonder if administrators are monitoring this particular thread. I would love answers/suggestions.

Also if there's a thread where I may advertise my "Second Chance" pets.

And, you now mention having problems with the reCAPTCHAs, which are, also, not Flash based.

So, which browser are you using? Do you happen to be using Internet Explorer 11? If so, you may want to switch to another browser. IE 11 does not seem to work well with reCAPTCHAs and HTML5 stuff on Neopets, like Trudy's Surprise and The Lost Desert, Meridell, and Brightvale maps. Some of it may work, sometimes, but it seems "wonky", at best. Please let us know if that was the issue.

For "Second Chance" pets, if you mean pound, adopt, or trading them, there is a topic here:

Is anyone having this problem with Neopet games? I tried most of the games and all I get is this loading screen but the game doesn't start.

I've tried everything. I've updated the adobe flash player. I restarted my computer. It still won't load. 

I am using Google Chrome (version 73.0.3683.103) on Windows 10.

Picture9.png.f3e2551c4971f52f2753f0ed6d6c994c.png

2 hours ago, Dilley88 said:

Is anyone having this problem with Neopet games? I tried most of the games and all I get is this loading screen but the game doesn't start.

I've tried everything. I've updated the adobe flash player. I restarted my computer. It still won't load. 

I've heard it has to do with adblocker. Not sure if you would need one or turn it off, but that's what's causing it. I think without the blocker it actually is an add, but maybe the add is broken and it will work if you turn on a blocker. You could also try a different browser.

11 hours ago, Dilley88 said:

8 hours ago, Duma said:

I've heard it has to do with adblocker. Not sure if you would need one or turn it off, but that's what's causing it. I think without the blocker it actually is an add, but maybe the add is broken and it will work if you turn on a blocker. You could also try a different browser.

Yep. It is not really an issue with an ad blocker, but one you can have, if you aren't using one. An ad is supposed to play, before (all?) most games load, but for some unknown reason, it doesn't. Due to either Neopets, or the ad provider Neopets is using. The ads are not Flash based, but HTML5. By installing an ad blocker plugin/extension for your browser, it "should" block the ad, and take you straight to the game loading screen. However, I have heard of the "black screen, and three red dots" issue still happening with certain ad blockers, one being uBlock Origin. I use Ad Block Plus, and don't have the issue, so give it a try if your ad blocker of choice is still giving the issue.

EDIT: If you are using an ad blocker, and get the screen, try updating the filters, and then, refresh the page. On occasion, I have to do that with ABP. Not sure why, but sometimes the filters stop/don't update. Also, I do not use an special filters for Neopets, so if you are using those, try removing them and see if the ad is blocked.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Since you mentioned you updated Flash, I wasn't sure how to advise, as, generally, the Neopian Maps are usually a Flash issue. BUT, you mentioned The Lost Desert. The Lost Desert map, like the Meridell and Brightvale maps, have been updated to HTML5 (aka non Flash).

And, you now mention having problems with the reCAPTCHAs, which are, also, not Flash based.

So, which browser are you using? Do you happen to be using Internet Explorer 11? If so, you may want to switch to another browser. IE 11 does not seem to work well with reCAPTCHAs and HTML5 stuff on Neopets, like Trudy's Surprise and The Lost Desert, Meridell, and Brightvale maps. Some of it may work, sometimes, but it seems "wonky", at best. Please let us know if that was the issue.

For "Second Chance" pets, if you mean pound, adopt, or trading them, there is a topic here:

Sorry. I dont

't see s "REPLY" button only a "QUOTE" buttom so me quoting you quoting me this is going to take up a lot of space. This layout of threads is not clear to me.

Anyhow thank you for the PET ADOPTION link.

I don't know what browser I'm using or how I can find out. Don't actually know what you mean. "What" browser. I know the Browser box and what it's function is ... oO

1 hour ago, ava_reese said:

Sorry. I dont

't see s "REPLY" button only a "QUOTE" buttom so me quoting you quoting me this is going to take up a lot of space. This layout of threads is not clear to me.

Anyhow thank you for the PET ADOPTION link.

I don't know what browser I'm using or how I can find out. Don't actually know what you mean. "What" browser. I know the Browser box and what it's function is ... oO

Which web browser do you use, when you are on Neopets - Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer 11, Edge, etc?