Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

I am having problem with Trudy's Surprise!

I don't get the game to appear! It should appear after midnight!

Does anyone else have the same problem today?

Has it been at least 24 hours, since you last played Trudy's Surprise? If not, try again at the same time you played it yesterday, or later. I believe Trudy's Surprise will "pop-up" for you, then.

Trudy's Surprise used to pop-up the first time I accessed Neopets for the day. Then, on 7 Aug, for some unknown reason, it stopped popping-up and did not display until it had been 24 hours, since I last played it. I seems to be a coincidence, but that was around the same time the Battledome went down. No idea why. I may have missed a day, but I don't believe so. I cannot remember or verify that, as I wasn't tracking my progress.

Also, jackrabbit and teeniem55 reported the same, above, along with graspthesanity, yesterday. Not sure if it is intentional by TNT or a glitch. I haven't put in a ticket, though.

Trudy's not appeared for me, either, so I'm hoping she'll pop up some time during the day. If they've now set it so it's on a 24 hour timer that's going to make it a little more likely that some people will miss it, isn't it.

I strongly suspect this is a bit of damage control so that less people manage to get 300,000NP from it every month...

I'm having troubles with the closet right now, no matter how many times I refresh the page it just shows a white screen (but I see the loading bars). I think this is just happening to me and I don't know if it is related to the fact that I recently changed my browser from Chrome to Firefox (in order to play Ghoul Catchers). :sad02:

I'm having troubles with the closet right now, no matter how many times I refresh the page it just shows a white screen (but I see the loading bars). I think this is just happening to me and I don't know if it is related to the fact that I recently changed my browser from Chrome to Firefox (in order to play Ghoul Catchers). :sad02:

I think the browser is the problem. Customizing wasn't working for me in firefox but works in chrome. I've always used firefox and haven't had that problem before, though.

I use firefox, I'll go see if my closet's working and report back.

Edit: mine's working ok. Hmm, firefox was bugging me to update it earlier (I ignored it) have you done an update? Those can bork things up for a while sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having issues with the customize page loading, and if certain dailies are open at the same time as another tab trying to go to customize, they stop working entirely and my music player shuts down too.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I have browser Pale Moon if anyone else may of had the same issue with the same browser. I'm going to guess that if I'm the only one that this is happening to, it has to be my browser.

P.S. I really hope this was the right place to post this. It's hard to tell if it was supposed to go into general help or in technical issues.

I'm having issues with the customize page loading, and if certain dailies are open at the same time as another tab trying to go to customize, they stop working entirely and my music player shuts down too.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I have browser Pale Moon if anyone else may of had the same issue with the same browser. I'm going to guess that if I'm the only one that this is happening to, it has to be my browser.

P.S. I really hope this was the right place to post this. It's hard to tell if it was supposed to go into general help or in technical issues.

The Neopets customize page uses Adobe Flash. Some of the Neopets dailies use Flash, too (wheels). If the dailies you have open are Flash based, and the other tabs open are on Flash based sites, then it be a Flash issue. I, personally, try to limit the amount of tabs with Flash when I am on Neopets. The computer I use is old and doesn't have the system resources to keep up. I do not use Pale Moon, but I was looking on their "forum" page and someone posted an issue under "Pale Moon X64" where "Shockwave Flash plugin hangs". It was suggested they try the Adobe Flash ESR version. I use Firefox, and Pale Moon is somewhat Firefox based. I seem to get Firefox and Flash related issues often, especially on Neopets. The "customize" page is very slow for me, even if just on that page. Maybe try to do customizations first, with no other tabs open, or do them last, after dailies, with no other tabs open and see if it improves. At this time, that is all I can think of.

This is just a copy & paste from a post I made that was supposed to be over here:

So, I'm not sure if you guys know about this, but the stock market is glitched in every language besides English ;w; (apparently they're all stuck or something, i'm not exactly sure..) 

And while normally this isn't an issue, I've been trying to obtain the The Mystery Island Mystic avatar from quite some time now, which requires me to change my language to get a second attempt (See where this is going yet? D:)
Well! Because of all the weird site glitches, sometimes when I change my language, it just auto reverts back to the foreign language no matter how many times I repeatedly push "English" SO frustrating  :P haha
So when I loaded my stock market page (in english) I noticed I had 8,000 shares to sell at +73 profit, yay!.. except NOT yay, because once I sold my shares the next page loaded in FRENCH AGAIN and sold all of my shares for 14,000 each  :( *sobs* 
What a bummer! 
Anyways, just a friendly warning to make sure you DON'T mess with your language settings if you're doing anything with the stock market! I'd suggest clearing your cookies after changing if you have the same issue as me  :P

I can't see the image part of Qasalan Expellibox and next to it the Pet Preview image doesn't load either. I was able to do both yesterday. :weird:

EDIT: I also can't see the wheels today either. o_O I updated Java after updating Flash. What am I missing? I'm not sure if this is related, but I'm also getting a bunch of unresponsive script pop-ups on some other websites. I'm using the latest Firefox.

I can't see the image part of Qasalan Expellibox and next to it the Pet Preview image doesn't load either. I was able to do both yesterday. :weird:

EDIT: I also can't see the wheels today either. o_O I updated Java after updating Flash. What am I missing? I'm not sure if this is related, but I'm also getting a bunch of unresponsive script pop-ups on some other websites. I'm using the latest Firefox.

I'm using Firefox 40.0.3 (latest), Java 8, update 60 (latest), and Adobe Flash 18.0.0.232 (latest). Qasalan Expellibox worked fine, about 45 minutes ago. The Wheels and Qasalan Expellibox are Flash based. On occasion, when "going" to Coconut Shy, I get a "grey box" of where the "game" usually loads. Normally, refreshing the page gets it to display properly. Are you using any "special" plugins, like ad-blockers, or no-script?

Thanks for trying to help, it's appreciated. This all started today, so I'm not sure what would have changed to cause this. I have noticed that what I thought was a correct Flash update seems to not be working, even after 3 installs today. I've always been able to fix this kind of thing with an update. I do run AdBlock, and a few other things. But like I said, I didn't knowingly change anything since yesterday. I may have to disable all extras on Firefox. BTW, Flash works on Chrome and IE. I just prefer using Firefox so I'd like to get Neopets working on it again.

Thanks for trying to help, it's appreciated. This all started today, so I'm not sure what would have changed to cause this. I have noticed that what I thought was a correct Flash update seems to not be working, even after 3 installs today. I've always been able to fix this kind of thing with an update. I do run AdBlock, and a few other things. But like I said, I didn't knowingly change anything since yesterday. I may have to disable all extras on Firefox. BTW, Flash works on Chrome and IE. I just prefer using Firefox so I'd like to get Neopets working on it again.

Flash is a seaparate update/download for IE (ActiveX), Chrome (PPAPI aka "Pepper"), and Firefox (NPAPI). You can test if Flash works here: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/. Just make sure you point Firefox at it (ie Firefox is your default browser or copy and paste the link in Firefox's address field). You should see an animation of a bouncing red block, with a white "F" - Adobe Flash's trademark symbol. If you just see a grey rectangular box, then Flash is either not installed or working. I have Flash set to get updates automatically, but I never seem to get them right away, so I usually manually update Flash. Anyhow, Flash isn't too big of a download or install and doesn't take too long. I'd say try a "clean install". First, go to adobe.com and download Flash. Once saved, go to Start, Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a Program. Look for Adobe Flash Player 18 NPAPI (or whatever version you may have) and uninstall it. Once uninstalled, reboot your computer. Once rebooted, install the Adobe Flash file you downloaded. Once installed, check the test site again and see if it now works. I have had to do that, on occasion. If you already done that, but have not cleared your Internet cache, give that a try.

Is anyone else having issues with Grave Danger? I tried to send my pet in and all the wait times say "0" (Eg. 0 Hours, 0 Minutes, 0 Sec, remaining) and this was AS SOON as I sent my pet it.

Another issue I'm having is with Jumpin' Gem Heist, I've gotten quite good at the game and have twice now been about a smidge away from beating the highest score on the High Scores log and my shockwave crashes. It seems to crash somewhere between me getting 50k-70k points. I don't have my flash shockwave crashing on any other game, I tried EVERYTHING I could just in case it was on my end, un-installing and re-installing the app on Google Chrome, trying a new browser (have tried three so far), tried disabling the in app download on google chrome and re-installing it as a separate entity/private client, installing the newest update, etc, you name it. So just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Thanks.

Is anyone else having issues with Grave Danger? I tried to send my pet in and all the wait times say "0" (Eg. 0 Hours, 0 Minutes, 0 Sec, remaining) and this was AS SOON as I sent my pet it.

Another issue I'm having is with Jumpin' Gem Heist, I've gotten quite good at the game and have twice now been about a smidge away from beating the highest score on the High Scores log and my shockwave crashes. It seems to crash somewhere between me getting 50k-70k points. I don't have my flash shockwave crashing on any other game, I tried EVERYTHING I could just in case it was on my end, un-installing and re-installing the app on Google Chrome, trying a new browser (have tried three so far), tried disabling the in app download on google chrome and re-installing it as a separate entity/private client, installing the newest update, etc, you name it. So just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Thanks.

I just sent a PetPet back in, and the time remaining is 7 hours and it is counting down. Could try holding the "Ctrl" key down, while hitting the "F5" key and see if that helps. "Control+F5" is supposed to tell the browser to "look for" the most current version of the page. Or you could try deleting your cache and history. Also, is your computer's date and time current? I don't know if that would make a difference. More of a curiousity, at this point.

Gem Heist loaded for me. I did play the game a while back, as it was part of the "Better Than You". I did end up geting a trophy, but I almost didn't make it. Flash crashed a couple of times on me while playing the game. My only conclusions are the game seems to take time to play (to get the right amount of NP) and uses a bit more resources (memory), with all of the bouncing gems. Also, the page "ads" were causing problems, too. The longer I play a Flash game, the higher chances I have of having Flash crash, it seems. On occasion, I'll get "not responding" errors (a script on the page caused the plugin to stop responding). The ads are run via scripts, and any ad that is a video causes the game to periodically "freeze" - as the ads and video ads use more memory and some are Flash based. My little "netbook" only has 2Gb of RAM and an older processor. Although I do not use one, an "ad blocker" may help. I, also, usually only keep one page tab open, (no other tabs), when playing (most) Flash games on Neopets, it helps me minimize Flash from crashing. Not sure what resources your computer/laptop has, but if they are minimal, like mine, that could be why. It doesn't happen for most games for me either, but it did on "Gem Heist".

Those are the only ideas I have. Chrome should still work with Flash. Chrome has dropped all support for some older plugins (Java, Adobe PDF in broswer viewer, Unity 3d), but Flash is not one of those types of plugins. Hopefully, someone else has other ideas.

I just sent a PetPet back in, and the time remaining is 7 hours and it is counting down. Could try holding the "Ctrl" key down, while hitting the "F5" key and see if that helps. "Control+F5" is supposed to tell the browser to "look for" the most current version of the page. Or you could try deleting your cache and history. Also, is your computer's date and time current? I don't know if that would make a difference. More of a curiousity, at this point.

Gem Heist loaded for me. I did play the game a while back, as it was part of the "Daily Dare". I did end up geting a trophy, but I almost didn't make it. Flash crashed a couple of times on me while playing the game. My only conclusions are the game seems to take time to play (to get the right amount of NP) and uses a bit more resources (memory), with all of the bouncing gems. Also, the page "ads" were causing problems, too. The longer I play a Flash game, the higher chances I have of having Flash crash, it seems. On occasion, I'll get "not responding" errors (a script on the page caused the plugin to stop responding). The ads are run via scripts, and any ad that is a video causes the game to periodically "freeze" - as the ads and video ads use more memory and some are Flash based. My little "netbook" only has 2Gb of RAM and an older processor. Although I do not use one, an "ad blocker" may help. I, also, usually only keep one page tab open, (no other tabs), when playing (most) Flash games on Neopets, it helps me minimize Flash from crashing. Not sure what resources your computer/laptop has, but if they are minimal, like mine, that could be why. It doesn't happen for most games for me either, but it did on "Gem Heist".

Those are the only ideas I have. Chrome should still work with Flash. Chrome has dropped all support for some older plugins (Java, Adobe PDF in broswer viewer, Unity 3d), but Flash is not one of those types of plugins. Hopefully, someone else has other ideas.

I actually have an ad blocker so my computer is faster with the games so that's not an issue, it's just REALLY driving me nuts because I can get the gold trophy it would stop crashing!

While spinning the wheels, I landed on the Pant Devil spot on the WoE. It gave me the message that I had no items to be stolen, yet I had plenty of items in my inventory. Is this a bug? It seems like one.

While spinning the wheels, I landed on the Pant Devil spot on the WoE. It gave me the message that I had no items to be stolen, yet I had plenty of items in my inventory. Is this a bug? It seems like one.

It's been doing this for quite some time now. Someone asked about it in the editorial and TNT said it was a bug, but obviously it's not a priority.

Hey, TNT! I've noticed lately that, when I spin the wheels while doing my dailies (particularly the Wheel of Misfortune and the Wheel of Excitement), when I land on the Pant Devil and sludge wedges, instead of having my things taken or turned to sludge, I get a message saying that I don't have any items in my inventory, even though I do. Is this a glitch I've unintentionally been exploiting (If so, SORRY!), or is it supposed to happen? Maybe it's a loyal user perk I wasn't aware of or something? ~cany230

Hmm. That sounds like a bug to us. Please send a bug report to our Support Department with any details you can provide (such as what browser you're using).

- Editorial from Issue 651.

• 2 weeks later...

I was logged in and a message came up .... Hello! We're very sorry to interrupt you like this, but here's the thing...

The 5th Neopet slot is a feature for Premium members, but it looks like your membership has run out. Don't fret, though! You have three options to regain access to the Neopets website:

• 1) Renew your Premium service.
    • (You'll keep all five Neopets and regain access to the site.)
  • 2) Transfer one of your Neopets, bringing you back down to four.
    • (As soon as the other player - or your side account! - accepts the transfer, you'll regain access to the site.)
  • 3) Abandon one of your Neopets, bringing you back down to four.
    • (You'll regain access to the site immediately. However, in case you're just on a short Premium hiatus, we'll hold on to your Neopet for 90 days before putting it into the Pound. If you don't sign up again in that time, then the Neopet will be made available for another Neopian to adopt.)

So, click a button below to get started or, to learn more, check out the Premium FAQs

so I click on the renewal tab and renewed my membership for a year. As soon as I finished it told me I was once again a premium member and to click here to go to the site. I did just that and I still got the same message as above. Next I thought maybe something went wrong so I clicked the renew button again. Then I got a message saying I was a premium member but when I went again to my account I get that same message. I tried logging out. Restarting my computer, twice. Im still getting the same message as above. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get back to the site and get rid of this message? Thank you for any help or advice you may have.

I have since cleared my history and the cache. Still didn't work. I then restarted my computer again, no diffence. I then cancelled my membership thinking I could rejoin but all that did was cancel me from renewing a year from now. I also tried the ctrl F5 button thinking it may refresh. Then I had the idea to use IE instead of Google. I got the same message as above. I cant submit a ticket because when I get to the end of the form the submit button is not there. Really, this has been going on since yesterday, does anyone have any ideas?

literally the EXACT same issue with Premium just happened to me.  I resigned up, the money came out of my bank account, and I still can't get into my account.  I submitted a ticket, but I'm hoping it's fixed before then because sometimes they take a long time to answer.  I'm so afraid I'm gonna lose all my stuff =[

Whenever I try to remove items from my gallery, I get the message that I should be submtting a PIN, yet that's what I have been doing (and I'm certain it's the correct one too, although it doesn't even seem to recognize I'm entering any PIN at all).

I know there was an issue with removing items from galleries earlier this year, but I thought that one was fixed?

Anyone else having this issue?

I removed a book from my gallery the other day and had no issues. Maybe try refreshing the page and then try again. Or go to another page you have your PIN on like withdrawing NPs from the bank and make sure it's working. You could also go to your PIN preferences and remove gallery from the list, do what you need and then add your gallery back on the list of PIN protected things.

I've checked, and it's just my gallery where my PIN doesn't work, so temporarily removing the gallery from my PIN list seems to be the only option. (I'd hoped that removing it from the list and then adding it again might miraculously fix it, like how restarting your computer sometimes fixes random stuff, but alas, no such luck.)

I'm just a little frustrated/confused because I can't figure out why it doesn't work on my gallery. (It's not that important, but I just hate it when things don't make any sense.)

I've checked, and it's just my gallery where my PIN doesn't work, so temporarily removing the gallery from my PIN list seems to be the only option. (I'd hoped that removing it from the list and then adding it again might miraculously fix it, like how restarting your computer sometimes fixes random stuff, but alas, no such luck.)

I'm just a little frustrated/confused because I can't figure out why it doesn't work on my gallery. (It's not that important, but I just hate it when things don't make any sense.)

If you're still having problems with your PIN on your gallery then I'd suggest submitting a ticket to TNT so they can look into it.

If you're still having problems with your PIN on your gallery then I'd suggest submitting a ticket to TNT so they can look into it.

Thanks, I think I'll do that. :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Quotes and smileys do not contribute to the word count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.