Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

• 2 weeks later...

I had the opportunity to play Trudy's Surprise last night, but I decided to wait to play it this morning (because I do all the dailies in the morning anyway), and now it won't appear for me anymore. I made sure that it's not blocked in my preferences. What happened?

I had the opportunity to play Trudy's Surprise last night, but I decided to wait to play it this morning (because I do all the dailies in the morning anyway), and now it won't appear for me anymore. I made sure that it's not blocked in my preferences. What happened?

Quick question - Do you stay logged into Neopets all of the time? Meaning, do you log into Neopets, in the evening, for example, and just close your browser when finished for the night, and when you go to Neopets in the morning, it still shows you logged in? If so, logout of Neopets, and log back in. Trudy's Surprise should show up. If you already tried that and Trudy's surprise didn't appear, wait until your "Trudy Time", and see if she appears, then. You may have to refresh the page or logout and log back in. If you still do not see her, then you may need/want to open a ticket. Logging out and back in usually works for me, so hope it works for you, too.

Quick question - Do you stay logged into Neopets all of the time? Meaning, do you log into Neopets, in the evening, for example, and just close your browser when finished for the night, and when you go to Neopets in the morning, it still shows you logged in? If so, logout of Neopets, and log back in. Trudy's Surprise should show up. If you already tried that and Trudy's surprise didn't appear, wait until your "Trudy Time", and see if she appears, then. You may have to refresh the page or logout and log back in. If you still do not see her, then you may need/want to open a ticket. Logging out and back in usually works for me, so hope it works for you, too.

Thanks for the tip! I did log out and back in and it's still not working. :/ It was about this time last night that I had the opportunity to spin and didn't. So maybe it'll come back in an hour or so? I hope so. This is really sad. I think I'll try blocking it and then unblocking it as well?

Thanks for the tip! I did log out and back in and it's still not working. :/ It was about this time last night that I had the opportunity to spin and didn't. So maybe it'll come back in an hour or so? I hope so. This is really sad. I think I'll try blocking it and then unblocking it as well?

Clearing your browser's cache/history may help. Do you have any browser add-ons that may be blocking it? You could try another browser, too. That's all I can think of.

Clearing your browser's cache/history may help. Do you have any browser add-ons that may be blocking it? You could try another browser, too. That's all I can think of.

I will try both of those things! Thanks!

Neither worked. Oh well. (11:07)

It came back! And when I spun, it started up where I left off prize-wise even though it's been slightly over two days. Awesome!  

Edited by coley

I just deposited 64k in the bank but I'm pretty sure the current balance did not change. The money just went *poof*. I remember hearing about similar issues some time ago. Are those issues back? Anyone else experiencing this?

Try doing a "hard" page refresh by Ctrl+F5. Ctrl+F5 tells your browser to request a complete page refresh, where as F5 will just refresh items that have changed since the page was last requested/viewed.

Try doing a "hard" page refresh by Ctrl+F5. Ctrl+F5 tells your browser to request a complete page refresh, where as F5 will just refresh items that have changed since the page was last requested/viewed.

The money is still not there, I don't think I'm getting those 64k back :(. I remember an issue like this in the past, I did not experience it myself at the time but apparently if you deposited over a certain amount the money would not get deposited, it would just disappear.

Edit: I found an old thread talking about it: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/43930-glitches-major-bank-glitch-hits-neopia/

For now I'll just keep my NPs on hand. Hopefully I won't get a Tax Beast event or something.

Edited by Catexia

Neopets is down for me right now. It says the connection timed out. Does anyone have this problem also?

I'm having the same problem... :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

That site is misleading! It'll say Neo is up when the server is not responding. It only says Neo is down Neo is actually taken offline for when they do site maintenance and the Red Pteri shows up saying the site is offline.

They're probably having some server issues which is why we cannot load any pages. I can refresh my page and it just stays the same. If the site was down Firefox would be giving me an error message.

A good rule of thumb is if you can load other pages, but Neo is not loading then Neo is down and it's not just you and your connection isn't to blame. You can also try loading the site on your mobile carrier instead of wifi, if the page doesn't load then clearly there's an issue on Neo's end. Just be patient and I'm sure it'll resolve itself in a little while.

On "is it down right now" I got the Neo is down for everyone.  Oh well, I hope I don't miss todays Faerie Quest.  I won't have time to play later today.

Neo appears to be back online, though it's loading rather slowly. I'd suggest if you don't have to be on right now to maybe wait a bit longer and hopefully things will be moving along smoother in a while. :)

the same happened to me. it happened twice already, two days in a row. the second spin doesn't seem to give any np or prizes tho

edit*

umm...it happened again...three times today. and again no prizes or np

edit*

four...i'm concern this will mess up with my 24hour schedule spin thing :/

I was on the Money Tree page for a minute when I saw what I think was Trudy's Surprise loading at the top of the page. It didn't seem to finish loading, so I refreshed the page. (I also wondered if it was a "Something has happened" random event.) I think doing that was a mistake, because it didn't come back. If you refresh, is that the same as cancelling it? Will I be sent back to day 1 now? I was on Day 17 I think. I had never seen it not load before, so I wasn't sure what to do. Games and dailies allow you to refresh, why not Trudy's Surprise? :shiftyeyes_anim:

I was on the Money Tree page for a minute when I saw what I think was Trudy's Surprise loading at the top of the page. It didn't seem to finish loading, so I refreshed the page. (I also wondered if it was a "Something has happened" random event.) I think doing that was a mistake, because it didn't come back. If you refresh, is that the same as cancelling it? Will I be sent back to day 1 now? I was on Day 17 I think. I had never seen it not load before, so I wasn't sure what to do. Games and dailies allow you to refresh, why not Trudy's Surprise? :shiftyeyes_anim:

It seems Trudy's Surprise is having issues, appearing after you have already spun it, for the day. I saw many topics on the Help and Games Neoboards, about it, last night. It has appeared a few times, for me today. I didn't spin, but I didn't cancel it, either. I just refreshed the page. I'm waiting for my "normal" spin time. TBH, I'm not sure if TNT is aware of the issue, as it just started happening, yesterday. Not sure if it is related to site being up and down, occasionally, and the site being slow, sometimes, too. Guess we will have to just wait and see. Don't know what will happen, at this point, but I will post, later, when I find out.

Normally you can refresh the page and Trudy's Surprise will show up again. It may be that because of the site lag it is affecting the way TS works. If it doesn't show up again, it will probably reset, unfortunately. This has happened to me, but of course it will eventually come back around.

For me today I got TS no problem, then I went to another page and it showed up again (as has been commented on). That had happened before and I accidentally clicked, but I didn't get any np. I thought that would be the case this time and I figured if not, I could donate the np right away. Instead, right after showing the spinning and before showing the np I won, the page froze. I had to close the page and when I opened it again, it froze again! Finally I cleared the cache and opened the page one more time and fortunately TS didn't load and the page didn't freeze.

Now all that seems to be going on for me with Neopets is slow page loads.

As promised, here is my post. My "normal" Trudy time is around 9:33ish pm NST. Although I got to it a little later, tonight, Trudy's Surprise showed up, after I logged back in, to Neopets. I spun, and I got 19K NP and a basic gift box. Yesterday, was my 10th spin day. From the 10th to the 24th day, you will at least get 19K NP. So, it looks like I didn't lose day, by not spinning earlier, and just refreshing the page. It is still strange, why Trudy's is sporadically showing up. Hopefully, TNT will get to it, this week. Also, hopefully, you will still be "on schedule", too.