Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

I got on fine this morning and did my dailies, then errors cropped up, telling me I had no shop, no bank acct, followed by me sending my third, trophy-worthy score and being told I'd sent all three scores for the day. Though that might have been me sending one without realizing, lol. After that I couldn't get on at all :-(

Hello. I was having issues too with the site but now it seems to be working. Yay!

Neopets is acting up. I can't do my dailies  :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I bet you that it's caused by an overload on their servers... There were so many people cashing in their points and selling their prizes from the Altador Cup.

Have they said anything on Facebook about the problem?

Nope, they don't seem to have addressed it yet... Some people say that they're on break still, but I don't know...

How reliable is some random person's facebook post... xD

EDIT: Neopets is back up and running as of now.

It also appears the NC Mall is undergoing maintenance.

I just lost probably more than 200 (around 40 each) red codestones I had had stockpiled in my SBD for training. I logged on today to find they were gone, and a lot of weird stuff was in my inventory, including all of my store stock and a lot of neggs and fading faerie bottles. And to top it off, no one else appears to have had a weird problem like this? Ideas beyond sending a ticket???

Found out that this was actually my account being hacked.  Lost a whole lot more stuff too.  

Neopets appears to be down again. :S

Now to play the waiting game...

The fact that this thread has 89 pages scares me.

Does anybody else have problems typing on neo? I can type here and on other websites just fine, but when I try to use the shop wiz, deposit np at the bank, etc., it gets weird. It will randomly skip letters (or numbers) or not work at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Does anyone else have an issue with neopets not recognizing a password?

It logged me out like 2 months ago and said my pw was wrong, (i had had the same one for years so I knew it wasn't wrong)

Sent a ticket, tried to reset the pw and it keeps saying it's wrong.. but seriously it's not :/ 

I went to the facebook page and I see some people having the same issues, did anyone here have the same issue and get it fixed? :/ I sent another email today asking them for help but I'm not holding my breath :( 

Hi guys! Does anyone else have an issue with neopets not recognizing a password?

It logged me out like 2 months ago and said my pw was wrong, (i had had the same one for years so I knew it wasn't wrong)

Sent a ticket, tried to reset the pw and it keeps saying it's wrong.. but seriously it's not :/ 

I went to the facebook page and I see some people having the same issues, did anyone here have the same issue and get it fixed? :/ I sent another email today asking them for help but I'm not holding my breath :(

Unfortunately this has been a common problem as of late. In 2012 there was a data breach, but no information was leaked so the TNT at the time didn't do anything about it. It was probably a couple months ago when this data was leaked on the internet and the new TNT run by JumpStart was made aware. Because of this they changed login details on certain accounts affected by this if the password wasn't changed in a while. This was done to ensure the account stayed with it's owner and wasn't stolen. The only thing you can do right now is send in your ticket and await a response. You can also poke them on Facebook with your ticket number. Please don't send in multiple tickets or email them on their support address if you've sent in a ticket. Do one or the other or else it clogs up the system even more and makes the wait longer. It takes a bit to get a response from them so just be patient. If you'd like to keep playing in the meantime create a side account if you don't have one already and use that as your main account until you can get into your account.

Unfortunately this has been a common problem as of late. In 2012 there was a data breach, but no information was leaked so the TNT at the time didn't do anything about it. It was probably a couple months ago when this data was leaked on the internet and the new TNT run by JumpStart was made aware. Because of this they changed login details on certain accounts affected by this if the password wasn't changed in a while. This was done to ensure the account stayed with it's owner and wasn't stolen. The only thing you can do right now is send in your ticket and await a response. You can also poke them on Facebook with your ticket number. Please don't send in multiple tickets or email them on their support address if you've sent in a ticket. Do one or the other or else it clogs up the system even more and makes the wait longer. It takes a bit to get a response from them so just be patient. If you'd like to keep playing in the meantime create a side account if you don't have one already and use that as your main account until you can get into your account.

So weird, I had heard about that but why wouldn't reset password work. :( so annoying

So weird, I had heard about that but why wouldn't reset password work. :( so annoying

I'm not totally sure on that but I believe it's because they want users who cannot login to submit a ticket and prove it is their account before gaining access. Just in case the account was hacked. If I remember though the password reset has been glitchy for a while so who knows. Best of luck getting a swift answer from TNT.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, is anyone having trouble loading pages tonight? I'm getting time out errors and pages aren't  loading  :sad01_anim:

This site can’t be reached

www.neopets.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

It's happening to me too. Usually refreshing the page will allow it to load properly but it's happening so often that it's getting really annoying.

• 5 weeks later...

Is anyone having issues with pages that use Flash? I have a Mac and I just did an update. Since then I am having issues but I can't tell if it's a coincidence or not. I attempted to update my flash player and it seems I have the most recent version. 

Update: Got it! Only took messing around hidden areas of my settings for an hour...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

when are they going to fix the battledome

As far as I know the Battledome isn't broken. The only thing they need to implement is Defenders of Neopia and of course remove the Beta status. It's been mentioned in the Editorial that this is something on their list but they're working on other more important issues right now. I hope this answers your question!

Hey, is anyone else having problems with trying to feed a pet or use a healing potion on a pet? The drop down for the Inventory item just says "Choose Action".  :sad01_anim:

I just unattached my Snicklebeast petpet to try to move it to my Gallery for safe keeping (just got the avatar yesterday) and now I don't want to lose this retired petpet. :skull: