Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

39 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'm joining the group wondering at the sorcery!

It makes NO sense that a different browser would have a function that others don't. :bigeyed:

I use chrome, and have never seen it do that...  I use it on a Chromebook now, and have done so on windows before, and have used Chromium on Linux... I used to use Firefox... Never did that. She is clearly a sorcerer. It's not a Chrome thing.  Her screenshot doesn't include the URL bar, so I can't tell if it is loading the results on the http://www.neopets.com/market.phtml?type=wizard page, or if it just also has the search box on the http://www.neopets.com/market.phtml page which is the URL I have on the results page, which is why if refreshing goes wrong for me, it goes to those weird shop ad things.

Mine's never done that, even on previous accounts.  I don't know that I've ever discussed with anyone to determine if it's often different, or if it's just you.

Here's a shot with the address bar.. I edited it out previously because I have so many different tabs open :blush: Also note the time in the bottom right hand corner.  I use Chrome on my windows 7 PC and Windows 7 laptop and Windows 8 Tab and it looks the same on all 3 devices. I haven't tried using neopets on my Windows 10 Surface Pro as yet tho...

SW2.jpg

*looks at URL*  So, wait, if you click on a SW link on JN's items, do you get the search results automatically?  If I go to that exact same URL, I only get the search bar, not results, and it'll input "snowpetpetpet" into the search field.  Normally anyway... I just did it and it cleared the search term after a split second too!  So it's just a regular shop wiz page, basically.  If I hit search, it flips the URL to just market, and shows just results, like normal.

I tried to do screenshot, but apparently it doesn't want to be here.

1 hour ago, Nielo said:

I think I found it: there's a Chrome add-on you can install (Neokazam!) and one of the screenshots in the Chrome web store looks exactly like @acmerasta's screenshot. :)

I actually do have Neokazam and I forgot about it.:blush:  I don't use it really because it was supposed to help with the SDB and it stopped working. But in the earlies, that's how the SW worked although I used to be able to hit back and it would only change the search results. Now the whole page returns to it's beginning state if you hit back.

4 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

So, wait, if you click on a SW link on JN's items, do you get the search results automatically?

Yes I do and nothing clears; from there i just refresh the search by hitting Search. Saves time if you're kadding too

Aha! So there IS a reason behind this, and it's not that @acmerasta is part unicorn (sorry about that!).

For a while there I thought we were going to have to call @Scoobert_Doo in to get to the bottom of things.

Yeah, I was freaking out a bit, because I couldn't understand how she could have such different paths, especially it loading a different url from shop wiz.

I looked at that extension, and it says it doesn't work for premium users, I'm guessing premium causes the field to clear in my case, which would prevent their stuff from working, because using that link a week or so ago would have brought me up a search wiz with the item name in the box, and then I'd have to select identical and search.

It's possible for a different browser to do or load things differently. I know that on Internet some of my guild pages and buttons look strange, but on Chrome they're fine. Drives me up the wall honestly 0.0

although mine have always loaded the page AFTER i search and that box is never there.

i usually press F5 to refresh my searches 

1 hour ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

It's possible for a different browser to do or load things differently. I know that on Internet some of my guild pages and buttons look strange, but on Chrome they're fine. Drives me up the wall honestly 0.0

although mine have always loaded the page AFTER i search and that box is never there.

i usually press F5 to refresh my searches 

Oh yeah, that definitely happens, but that's not the same as an actual different function.

I use F5 for searching too, though I have discovered (by accident) that clicking refresh up by the url bar works fine too now, at least it does for me on Firefox. I know before that used to take you to a new search, didn't it.

Yeah, it's possible for things to display differently on different browsers.  While perhaps possible, it isn't "done" to have different browsers load different pages on the same actions.  She was going to an entirely different URL than the rest of us.  Also, many of us are also using Chrome, just without the extension.

Refresh should work the same whether you use the button or a keyboard shortcut.  If you submit the URL again (without extension), then it would take you to the weird shop ad page.

This TOPIC has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. This board is for discussing Neopets specific issues only. If you wish to discuss how different browsers operate, please use our Computers & Programming Boards. Any further discussion on this topic here will result in individual moderator actions being taken. Thank You!

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

Hi, has anyone noticed if Wise Old King is working? I have been getting his "Out Studying" message since yesterday. 

yes he's working .. you must've visited him on the wrong hours :D

It seems he is not displeased. That's good.
wiseking_amused.gif
King Hagan Says:
Well you're not the sharpest tack in the drawer, but that wasn't too bad.
I give you a B! (643 out of 1000)
Here is something to help you study.

King Hagan hands you:
bvb_kinghagan.gif

4 hours ago, Angeló said:

yes he's working .. you must've visited him on the wrong hours :D

Do his and Skarl's break gradually roll forward, like they do for the Tombola? That moves on by an hour each week doesn't it?

20 hours ago, acmerasta said:

Hi, has anyone noticed if Wise Old King is working? I have been getting his "Out Studying" message since yesterday. 

The Wise Old KIng can be found "Out Studying" three times a day - between 8-9 AM NST, 1-2 PM NST and 7-8 PM NST. Is it possible you checked during those times?

8 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

The Wise Old KIng can be found "Out Studying" three times a day - between 8-9 AM NST, 1-2 PM NST and 7-8 PM NST. Is it possible you checked during those times?

Ah! So they basically behave like the Snowager. Shame they don't follow the exact same times for our convenience, isn't it! xD

Going by Skarl's gut size, maybe they should have set it so he was "out to lunch" at least 6 times per day. :yum:

On 9/5/2017 at 7:23 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

Hi. Yeah I know about his schedule but I was getting the Out Studying message outside of those times. Literally every time I checked. I generally do it around the same time so I know it was odd to get the message. But it seems to have rectified because I got to do it yesterday.

On 9/6/2017 at 3:51 AM, jellysundae said:

Ah! So they basically behave like the Snowager. Shame they don't follow the exact same times for our convenience, isn't it! xD

Going by Skarl's gut size, maybe they should have set it so he was "out to lunch" at least 6 times per day

Tombola guy and card Kiosk also have times when they aren't there... but I didn't realise Tombola guy's own changes... I just know that after midnight my time, he's never there.

34 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

Hi. Yeah I know about his schedule but I was getting the Out Studying message outside of those times. Literally every time I checked. I generally do it around the same time so I know it was odd to get the message. But it seems to have rectified because I got to do it yesterday.

Tombola guy and card Kiosk also have times when they aren't there... but I didn't realise Tombola guy's own changes... I just know that after midnight my time, he's never there.

Don't forget, Edna is out sometimes, too: she goes to the Battledome at certain times of the day so you can't always do her quests (which I don't know why you would unless you still need the avatar, like me).

34 minutes ago, Batman said:

Has anyone been getting a lot of pages with the ERR_Connection_timed_out error? I am playing Sakhamet Solitaire and every 10 clicks or so I am getting that and having to reload the page.

I've just tested, managed to play a game of solitaire without issue.

Anyone else having issues logging into Neopets right now??

I'm getting a time out error. Have checked other websites and they all seem to be working just fine

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the edit button to add new/additional comments.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.