Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

I hope that they will fix this problem soon. I'm from Europe and yesterday when I went to bed I was not able to see boards and today when I woke up, this problem is still not fixed. I mean... isn't 8 hours enough to fix a problem? :D And yes... shops are empty (not all but majority) and I'm sad because I can't play world challenge. Jackpot in Hasee bounce is 6600np, hahaha :D

Hm... I really don't have anything to so on the site. Blah....

I hope that they will fix this problem soon. I'm from Europe and yesterday when I went to bed I was not able to see boards and today when I woke up, this problem is still not fixed. I mean... isn't 8 hours enough to fix a problem? :D And yes... shops are empty (not all but majority) and I'm sad because I can't play world challenge. Jackpot in Hasee bounce is 6600np, hahaha :D

You do realize it's 4:19 AM EST, right? Neopets is PST based, I believe. So it's 1 am there. They aren't even awake right now. Patience is a virtue.....

I'm actually wondering if I'm the only one who's been having the (false?) "Neopets is Currently Down" page randomly pop up for over three weeks now (particularly while playing Pyramids). It's been really frustrating to be playing and have to worry about that page popping up every few plays. D:

But yeah, I was looking forward to playing Destruct-O-Match III today since it's double points. Alas, it's not working.

urgh thank goodness for this thread, otherwise i would now be trying to run flash games on every computer in the house.

bit disappointed that everything is down, especially the neoboards on the last day of winter NC items + GBCs because there is usually a surge in items up for trade..

and this is the 3rd day i haven't dared run habitarium :( which is s shame as i've just bought a very expensive background (220k!) and now very poor :P

weirdly coconut shy was working but not the other flash games.

oh and my altador prizes were the 5k + trophy etc (the first time prizes), but i didn't get the 5k/prizes again :P this happened last time there was a major glitch too

They may have to rebuild servers, or if they've had to replace a server (they did say it was hardware) they'd have to copy the back up from the old/original server this in itself could take hours, they'd then have to test it, and all in between having sleep... these things really do take time, and are definitely best not rushed!

I'm quite nervous about my habi, but also v excited about something new, and I see Daily Dare's going to start soon too! wahoo :)

I've included a wiki link to an article about crons - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron For anyone that's interested in learning more about the problem :)

You do realize it's 4:19 AM EST, right? Neopets is PST based, I believe. So it's 1 am there. They aren't even awake right now. Patience is a virtue.....

I know that we have to be patient. If page is not working we can't do nothing but wait. I also believe that even if there is night some people are working on that problem. I don't believe that they would left site down and go to sleep. But it is true that I didn't realize that this kind of problem needs so much time to be fixed.

Can't believe how many things are affected! Was hoping to earn some money through the employment agency since the games aren't working but the basic jobs are down as well. There's nothing much to do until it's fixed so I guess I'm off neo for now. Fingers crossed it won't be long!

I'm also bummed that they are having that server failure issue, affecting nearly everything on Neopets. But life is life, and it's probably best for a student like me to focus on midterm assignments than to keep refreshing the site. XD

I'm having a problem with my auctions. My stuff is stuck there, no auctions are being ended. I *really* hope this is just another issue they're going to fix because I have quite a bit of NP in there right now, grr!

When you say "no auctions are being ended" do you mean they closed, but you still don't have the np? Or do you mean it was still letting people bid? Because if it's the former...I'm having the same problem, except on the buyer's side. Yeah, I should have thought this through before I bid.

Also, is it just me, or have the stock market prices not changed at all? Yesterday morning, I looked at bargain stocks, and nothing was 15...and none of those, as far as I can tell, have changed since yesterday morning. The "change" prices shown look exactly like how they were yesterday.

I bet they're gonna remodel Roo Island and thats the big suprise. But they'll do it with a new game, small site event where we probaly just have to click twice a day for a week and get an avatar out of it, and they're going to double the reward for Dice-a-Roo.

THAT IS MY PREDICTION DO NOT QUESTION ME.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on-topic. This board is for discussing technical difficulties on the site only.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I bet they're gonna remodel Roo Island and thats the big suprise. But they'll do it with a new game, small site event where we probaly just have to click twice a day for a week and get an avatar out of it, and they're going to double the reward for Dice-a-Roo.

THAT IS MY PREDICTION DO NOT QUESTION ME.

I like that prediction. It's small enough not to change things too much, but with possibility of avatar and clickable fun and event. I figure it's probably not a war or huge event--which is good, because I sold all my weapons for BGC collateral, and now I can't buy new ones because auctions are not working.

Also, is it just me, or have the stock market prices not changed at all? Yesterday morning, I looked at bargain stocks, and nothing was 15...and none of those, as far as I can tell, have changed since yesterday morning. The "change" prices shown look exactly like how they were yesterday.

i thought it was just me, i didn't look too carefully at the ticker names though, so i couldn't be sure there was no change compared to yesterday (other than no 15 np stock)

but i have a small feeling it is just my timing, because viewing my stock portfolio, have a niggly feeling some stock prices have changed.

and i'm waiting for pet transfers tomorrow. although i'm waiting more because a new month = new transfers :P

whatever it is, its a small event, since Daily Dare starts on the 4th march.

Edit: NC mall is now ALSO down. it was working a couple of hours ago. now when i go to buy something i get a little popup when i enter my password which says:

" Oops! We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again."

I feel like my Neo-life has been slowly sucked away. First KQ, then Habi, the forums and now most of the games I play. >.<

I'm wondering if it may be almost better for them to shut down the site completely for a bit to let them get everything up and running without having to worry about taking something else down.

In the meantime I guess I'll just have to chat with you lovely folks. :)

Despite the fact that there are currently no 15np stocks the stocks are changing from yesterday! Yay- I can actually make SOME money :3 I really hope they get this fixed soon- it's kind of sad how little of a life I have- while I'm on an exchange no less- that I am almost dependent on neopets. I guess this means I should actually get around to doing what I have to do...or I can go on tumblr.

I'm assuming we still have no ETA though? I guess it's Pyramids time for me...

Oh wow, it would really suck if you lost every effort you put into this because the site is having problems :(

I'm sure they're trying their best to make things work but it's not always simple.

You don't get frozen for doing jobs at the employment agency as the daily maximum is 10 per pet.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Edit your post instead of double posting if have something to add.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

oh okay, thanks for the information regarding the max amount of basic jobs one can do

I sure hope the site will be running sometime today :woot:

It's worth noting that the problems are not limited to the Neopets site - if you click through the other Viacom sites in the bar across the top, about half are either having some problems or are totally down at the moment. They've broken something... and broken it very thoroughly. On the plus side it should mean there are lost of worried techs trying to get it all working atm. :)

I'm very surprised, that at this point, they haven't taken the site offline, to fix the problem without all of constantly trying to do things, you know so writing more entries to the dba's etc, interesting to know it's all the viacom sites, I can't imagine what kind of set up they'd have that they'd only have one server that did crons, for all the sites, I'm sure it must be more complicated than that, but I would always have envisaged each site being a set up, as they're all so big.

I think we should all hail the god of meepits, maybe do a dance, you know to encourage them to be nice, go away and leave the servers alone?

*starts meepit dance*

:thumbsup: