Ebola is an appropriate neopet name?

SuperAttackPea

It's messed up in my opinion. Ebola is a scary thing going on right now and people are suffering. It would be like naming a Neopet Lukemia or putting HIV somewhere in their name.

This is all very interesting, but I've got to go now...

Abyssinia :geeky_evil: :D abyssinian_1.jpg

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't post if you can't contribute to the topic.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Brynchilla, I know this is off topic, but...

I LOVE YOUR LITTLE GIF'S! THEY ARE SO GREAT! You change them, they're clever...I laugh every time I see it!

:laughingsmiley:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please stay on-topic. You can PM a user if you have something to say to them unrelated to the thread.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I personally don't find it offensive, but I'm surprised at TNT's opinion on names. Things I think they'll find offensive they let stay and others that seem innocent are deleted and deemed inappropriate. I named a pet ReindeerFart once and they deemed it offensive and deleted it. Go figure.

It's messed up in my opinion. Ebola is a scary thing going on right now and people are suffering. It would be like naming a Neopet Lukemia or putting HIV somewhere in their name.

Just because there are a lot of people suffering from it, that doesn't mean that it should be against the rules.

There are a lot of things that can cause people to suffer, but that doesn't mean the word is against the rules.

For example, people are suffering because they don't have enough food. Should 'food' be against the rules?

I personally don't find it offensive, but I'm surprised at TNT's opinion on names. Things I think they'll find offensive they let stay and others that seem innocent are deleted and deemed inappropriate. I named a pet ReindeerFart once and they deemed it offensive and deleted it. Go figure.

We are not meant to understand TNT's logic.
It might have been the mod that saw it. Different mods might think different things are or are not against the rules.

Wow, I learned something today! Thanks Siniri! I also do not find the name offensive. If fact, it would be fun to challenge them, and if I win take a screenshot that says I defeated Ebola!

Now THAT'S clever! :D :D :D

I also find it ironic that we can name pets after diseases, but not after medicine. I understand that medicine names are copyrighted (or whatever the term is) and belong to laboratories, but still it's quite ironic that we can name them diseases but not cures...

Well, maybe I'm overthinking :P