Ian

12 hours ago, Angeló said:

a trick that i read somwhere  : only do quests that ask for 3 items .. not one or two .. 

i tried that and it worked after like 5 times or so .. 

I only do her quests with 3 items :D The others I ignore.

I'm not in a hurry with the avatar. When I get it I get it ^_^

Wow Weee!  I got to roll and re-roll and re-roll so exciting! :dance:

Something Has Happened! You are now eligible to use 'Count von Roo's Deadly Dice' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Your roll: 4 von Roo's roll: 2 Curses! You defeated me! That wasn't supposed to happen! Oh well, I guess your little pet gained 4 levels, and goes up to 249. You can only dice with fate once a day. Try again tomorrow!

Well would you look at that!

Something Has Happened!
foreverorange.gif You are now eligible to use 'Grundo - Forever Orange' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ALP!!! :heart::heart: :heart:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nielo said:

8451c78f-cfac-446d-889a-31869d01e1b4_zps

Got this one yesterday, after years of playing. (I even reached a level I didn't know existed (Garlicky Bratwurst) & got a bronze trophy.):dance:

Well done! You know I've always wanted to know what all the flavours are in this game. Don't think I've got past mint choc-chip myself!

One of my more recent ones is the Alien Aisha.  I got a Nerkmid thanks to a very generous Neopets player!  

The one I'm most proud of, though, is my SDB Packrat avvie.  *snuggles it* That was a lot of work...now to get the Rubbish avatar!

19 hours ago, Nielo said:

8451c78f-cfac-446d-889a-31869d01e1b4_zps

Got this one yesterday, after years of playing. (I even reached a level I didn't know existed (Garlicky Bratwurst) & got a bronze trophy.):dance:

That is one avatar I don't think I'll EVER EVER EVER EVER get xD
The game is super fun but my highest potuation was 7,195!

13 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

My high score is 3,145...

That shows what an awesome chance I have of getting this game's avatar, doesn't it? :laughingsmiley:

48 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

Gee xD Thank you for making me feel better Jelly xD

Hey you're welcome xD

I just tried another game and managed an astounding 1400, GO ME! :rock:

4 hours ago, Yuiina said:

If it makes you feel any better: this is most likely one of the few game avatars I'll manage to get. It's one of the only games I'm reasonably good at.

(But if you ever want any tips, I'd be happy to help. ^_^ Usually I'd point you to the TDN game guide, but this is one of the few games where I tend to do the exact opposite of what the guide suggests.)

29 minutes ago, Nielo said:

If it makes you feel any better: this is most likely one of the few game avatars I'll manage to get. It's one of the only games I'm reasonably good at.

(But if you ever want any tips, I'd be happy to help. ^_^ Usually I'd point you to the TDN game guide, but this is one of the few games where I tend to do the exact opposite of what the guide suggests.)

Ooh, do tell! I tried another game and scored even less than last time. Despite using the extra life cheat (that I didn't know about until I read the TDN guide, thanks for that!) that I'd never used before.

2 hours ago, Nielo said:

Games is not my forte at all! The only flash game avatar I have is Faerie Bubbles xD 
Any tip is very welcome since it is an avatar I'd like to have!

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Ooh, do tell! I tried another game and scored even less than last time. Despite using the extra life cheat (that I didn't know about until I read the TDN guide, thanks for that!) that I'd never used before.

15 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

Games is not my forte at all! The only flash game avatar I have is Faerie Bubbles xD 
Any tip is very welcome since it is an avatar I'd like to have!

I put the tips in the spoiler tag, because it's become a real wall of text. XD

• The extra life cheat is definitely a must. :)

• For some reason the guide suggests sticking to the sides, but I much prefer trying to remain somewhere in the middle of the screen, so there are more ways to escape an oncoming group of scoops. JellyNeo's guide mentions a 'teleportation trick', that might be useful, but, to be honest, I've never gotten it to work for me. (Only against me.) This is how it works (in theory): when you're stuck against the side of the screen, you can move your cursor outside of the field, and then place it somewhere else on the screen. Adee might appear there, and avoid the scoops. (Personally I just tend to move my cursor off the screen accidentally, only to get Adee stuck in the middle of an oncoming scoop.)

• It's good to remember that individual scoops move at different speeds. You might think you're able to avoid a few of them, only to run right into one that was moving faster than the others and took you by surprise. (This still happens to me quite a bit, but keeping it in mind does make you more aware of it and more likely to be able to avoid it.)

• Make sure to look at the screen from a straight angle. If Adee even brushes a scoop, she gets hit, so a slight misjudgement can easily cost you a life (or 3).

• This is going to sound like I'm stating the obvious, but the cherry bonus (100 points) and the fish bonus (250 points) are worth a few risks, considering they're worth so much more than scoops (5 points). You can move through the levels as flawlessly as possible; if you're not getting a certain amount of bonuses, your score isn't going to be all that high.

• The guide mentions a rumour that you might get better scoops after waiting for the Phantom Orange Shirt Guy to show up on the start screen, but in my experience, that's not the case. (I've had some games with hardly any bonuses when he showed up, and my high score happened in a game where he didn't show up.)

• Sometimes moving super fast can help you avoid getting hit by a scoop. I'm not quite sure how, but there have been a few times where I was sure I was stuck and just made a desperately quick move, only to come out unscathed. Of course, if you keep moving for too long, you'll run right into another scoop, but if you're sure you're stuck, it's worth a try.

• I often have a tendency to mostly move vertically/diagonally, but horizontal moves can be just as useful (also in combination with the previous point).

• The shield power-up can be very useful when trying to pick up bonuses, but you have to pay close attention to make sure it doesn't wear off while you're still in the path of a scoop. If you already have the shield, and then pick up a power-up to make you small, you'll be small with the shield still active. However, if you're small and pick up a shield, you'll get big again. So it's good to think about which one you prefer.

• The speed power-ups can be useful, but it really depends on your own preference. Slowing the scoops down can be really handy when you need a little more time to successfully move around them, but it in the later levels, it could also just mean you've got more time to watch a wall of scoops close in on you.

• It might be tempting to take breaks between levels, but don't. The speed builds op gradually, and if you've stopped in between levels, the speed might take you by surprise. (This might also be a reason to not use the power-up that slows the scoops down.)

• If you're stuck and the only way out is to get a power-up you don't want (like getting bigger, or speeding the scoops up), it's still your best option. The useful 'power-up' in this case is the bomb. It'll remove all the scoops from the field. (Keep in mind that the bomb is pretty big compared to the scoops though, which makes it easy to hit by accident, which would be a shame if there are any bonuses/extra lives on the screen, as they'll disappear too.)

• A lot of it is down to luck: if you hardly get any extra lives/bonuses, you're probably not going to get a high score, despite playing really well.

• Oh, and if you're playing on an old/slow computer, or simply have a (temporarily) bad connection, the game might stutter, which makes it pretty much impossible to play, as you'll lose lives without even seeing the scoops. (It could also glitch sometimes. I've had the game stutter, only to find myself on the 'game over' screen, while the left-hand corner showed me I still had 4 lives.)

I hope this helps a little. Sorry about the wall of text. XD

Finally! It took me forever to complete this ^_^ I am very lazy...:sleeping_anim:

Something Has Happened!
topgamer.gif You are now eligible to use 'Top Gamer' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

2 minutes ago, tk421beth said:

Finally! It took me forever to complete this ^_^ I am very lazy...:sleeping_anim:

Something Has Happened!
topgamer.gif You are now eligible to use 'Top Gamer' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Well done! I was super stoked when I got that one.

After amassing a large collection of the lowest scores possible in a great many games...:ph34r:  :laughingsmiley:

It's been a good avatar week for me, mostly thanks to the ALP, and to a little bit of luck in Spacerocked, but this is the one I'm happiest about. It kind of feels like a waste of a FFQ, but I'm trying to make the most of it. I picked up HarrieJamesPotter from the pound a couple of years ago and he's been sitting on my side account until now. I painted him Skunk, since the color gives him green eyes and a forehead stripe that might vaguely resemble a scar? I'll have to see what 'magic' I can work in the customization department...

Something Has Happened!
buzzin.gif

You are now eligible to use 'Buzzin'' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

After using ShadowyIce's recommended inventory order of Cheese - Drackonack - Vegan Cheese - Drackonack - Cheese

And refreshing sporadically - and really not that much - during the space of 8 hours... :D 

Something Has Happened!
drackonack_hungry.gif You are now eligible to use 'Drackonack - Hungry' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

12 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

Congrats @jellysundae! (hated that avatar... much xD)

Also, I'll secretly use the list of the games you played so I can get the 250 games avatar :whistle:

Go for it! I tried using @Angeló's list but he's been playing so long that a lot of the games he's played don't exist any more. >_<

37 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

Congrats @jellysundae! (hated that avatar... much xD)

Also, I'll secretly use the list of the games you played so I can get the 250 games avatar :whistle:

TDN has a nice link that, when run, will show you a list of games you still have left to play, to get the "Top Gamer" avatar, here: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/top-gamer-games/

The instructions are very easy to follow. And, you can use it with anyone's High Scores. So, I guess you can still secretly use jellysundae's list, if you want to.

Note, "mirror" games also count towards the "Top Gamer" avatar. Just make sure you don't play a mirror game and the "regular" (on Neopets) game on the same day. See TDN's reference on "mirror" games here: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/mirror-games/

Good luck!

EDIT: Just remembered one more thing. All you have to do is play a game just long enough to post a score. It doesn't have to be a high one.

3 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

EDIT: Just remembered one more thing. All you have to do is play a game just long enough to post a score. It doesn't have to be a high one.

This saved my life, for sure! I scored the absolute barest minimum on most of them. :laugh: