Ian

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Go for it! I tried using @Angeló's list but he's been playing so long that a lot of the games he's played don't exist any more. >_<

i miss the old sponsor games they were fun and easy daily 3k ...

c'mon i wana see you earning the Kadoatery avatar :) 

12 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

TDN has a nice link that, when run, will show you a list of games you still have left to play, to get the "Top Gamer" avatar, here: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/top-gamer-games/

The instructions are very easy to follow. And, you can use it with anyone's High Scores. So, I guess you can still secretly use jellysundae's list, if you want to.

Note, "mirror" games also count towards the "Top Gamer" avatar. Just make sure you don't play a mirror game and the "regular" (on Neopets) game on the same day. See TDN's reference on "mirror" games here: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/mirror-games/

Good luck!

EDIT: Just remembered one more thing. All you have to do is play a game just long enough to post a score. It doesn't have to be a high one.

I don't quite understand the mirror part.. even though I read the article.. 

And thanks for the application to check which games I'm missing, that will help me LOTS xD 

11 hours ago, Angeló said:

i miss the old sponsor games they were fun and easy daily 3k ...

c'mon i wana see you earning the Kadoatery avatar :) 

I wanna see you FEEDING a kadoatie :P

@Yuiina What don't you understand about the mirror games? The way I understand it, if you send a score from a mirror game, you mustn't send a score from the regular game during the same Neopian day.

Have I got that right, @Angeló?

52 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I wanna see you FEEDING a kadoatie :P

@Yuiina What don't you understand about the mirror games? The way I understand it, if you send a score from a mirror game, you mustn't send a score from the regular game during the same Neopian day.

If I understood correctly.. a mirror game is the same game but in a mirror? xD 
Or there are specific mirror games and if you play them you cannot play the regular ones?? 

:who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip::who-let-rip:

*brain freeze*

_____

Also some games I try to play I get this (even if I do have the plugin AND restarted the pc)

ERROR : You don't have the latest Shockwave x plugin.

You can download the plugin here:
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download

Upon successful installation, please restart your computer, reload this game, and enjoy! Contact the customer support of www.macromedia.com for any issues with upgrading this plugin.

I don't understand the reason for the existence of the mirror games, got to say. I thought they weren't actually hosted by Neopets but I realise that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  lol

From what I understand of what you understand, you are correct? ...I think? :laugh:

Yeah some of the games really don't want you playing them! There's complicated ways to fix that which are completely beyond my brain's ability to understand, but @Scoobert_Doo has the knowledge!

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I don't understand the reason for the existence of the mirror games, got to say. I thought they weren't actually hosted by Neopets but I realise that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  lol

From what I understand of what you understand, you are correct? ...I think? :laugh:

Yeah some of the games really don't want you playing them! There's complicated ways to fix that which are completely beyond my brain's ability to understand, but @Scoobert_Doo has the knowledge!

For example I see that Barf Boat has regular and mirror option. SO

1. If I play the mirror version I cannot play the regular one version. I can play all the other games.

2. If I play the mirror version I cannot play ANY regular games just the mirror ones.

:who-let-rip:

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

i honestly don't know if there were any special rules .. i don't remember playing mirror games myself .. i mean i may have .. but i dont know if i skipped regular games or not ...

32 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

For example I see that Barf Boat has regular and mirror option. SO

1. If I play the mirror version I cannot play the regular one version. I can play all the other games.

2. If I play the mirror version I cannot play ANY regular games just the mirror ones.

:who-let-rip:

#1 is correct. If you play the mirror version of Barf Boat, you CANNOT play the regular version of Barf Boat, but you CAN play the regular version of all other games. This only applies to the day you play the mirror version--the next day you can go back to playing the regular version if you want. The purpose of this rule is to keep players from sending more than three scores per game per day, so once your scores reset you are good to go again. 

On 5/4/2017 at 0:58 AM, tk421beth said:

Finally! It took me forever to complete this ^_^ I am very lazy...:sleeping_anim:

Something Has Happened!
topgamer.gif You are now eligible to use 'Top Gamer' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Just got this one as well!  Although, I didn't have to work at it much, considering I had already gotten scores for 211 games :P

FINALLY!!!!! I never have to fetch anything for that cheap witch, Edna again! :dance::happydance::laughingsmiley:

*CACKLE*!!!

I have successfully made Rainbow Wand of Cybunny Shrinking!

Yes! I have all the ingredients! Heh heh thanks a lot, and please come back again to help me. As an extra bonus I have given you 143 NP!

foo_ghostkerchief_slime.gif

The old witch gives you a Slime Ghostkersandwich!!!

Something Has Happened!
ednacackle.gif You are now eligible to use 'Edna - Cackle!' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

21 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

FINALLY!!!!! I never have to fetch anything for that cheap witch, Edna again! :dance::happydance::laughingsmiley:

She's dead tight-fisted, isn't she? xD

I've just started sporadically doing her quests - only ever if it's 3 items like the guides suggest - but I'm not trying awfully hard. :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

She's dead tight-fisted, isn't she? xD

I've just started sporadically doing her quests - only ever if it's 3 items like the guides suggest - but I'm not trying awfully hard. :ph34r:

Tightfisted and mean! lol I did all the quests though. I wanted to see if I'd only get it after a 3 item quest, which I did. Plus I have this paranoia about Neo sometimes and I think they penalize you for skipping things and days. I do the Coincidence quest but when they ask for the ridiculously overpriced dried apricots, prunes, semolina.... I decline the quest and get some useless results when I do it again. Well.... I get useless results pretty often... *sigh*

1 hour ago, acmerasta said:

Tightfisted and mean! lol I did all the quests though. I wanted to see if I'd only get it after a 3 item quest, which I did. Plus I have this paranoia about Neo sometimes and I think they penalize you for skipping things and days. I do the Coincidence quest but when they ask for the ridiculously overpriced dried apricots, prunes, semolina.... I decline the quest and get some useless results when I do it again. Well.... I get useless results pretty often... *sigh*

I have those kind of suspicions myself, but then again I only do the Coincidence when it's items that I already have so I skip it on a lot of the days, and last week I got a defence increase by 8 on one of the 2 days that I did it.

Today's wanted 1 box of wheat flakes, 1 puddle of stagnant water and...something I can't remember, lol. First time I've completed a wheat flakes one because I only had the one box - got a useless result. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, acmerasta said:

Something Has Happened!
ednacackle.gif You are now eligible to use 'Edna - Cackle!' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Nice!! 
I'm hunting it myself as well, how many tries did it take you?
I'm like @jellysundae and only try sporadically. I also have the same kind of superstitions :nerd: But I'm ignoring them or trying.

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

only ever if it's 3 items like the guides suggest

Ok, so I have a theory about this. Guides and TNT's editorial suggest that you only do quests with 3 items. However, I'm pretty sure it's also been confirmed that it doesn't have to be a 3-item quest for you to win the avatar, that only makes it more likely.

So my theory is that you have to give her a certain number of items (similar to the Rubbish av, where you have to discard roughly 2000+ items, although the exact number differs for everyone). Since you're limited to 10 quests per day, you would reach that number threshold faster by only doing 3-item quests. But you'll still reach it by doing 1- or 2-item quests...eventually. So you have to decide how you'd rather spend your time--doing smaller quests even though they don't get you too far, or waiting around 1-2 hours each time you get a small quest until it resets and you can get a new one. 

That being said, I got my av on a 3-item quest, so maybe I'm full of it :P I did 10 quests per day (with any number of items) for about 3 or 4 weeks before getting it. 

7 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Nice!! 
I'm hunting it myself as well, how many tries did it take you?
I'm like @jellysundae and only try sporadically. I also have the same kind of superstitions :nerd: But I'm ignoring them or trying.

I started doing Edna's quests in earnest roughly about 3 weeks ago and I missed a couple of days here and there. Before that, I'd done her quests sporadically over the years. When I committed to getting the avvie I did 9 quests per day regardless of the number of items requested.  I did a Snow Faerie quest to make up the 10 allowed per day. The Snow Faerie isn't as tightfisted as Edna lol

11 hours ago, kayahtik said:

That being said, I got my av on a 3-item quest, so maybe I'm full of it :P I did 10 quests per day (with any number of items) for about 3 or 4 weeks before getting it. 

Haha xDD We shall see!

Going by your time frame though, it shouldn't take an horrifically long time to get this one, even if we don't complete them that often. :D

EDIT:

oh, and...

An electric current seems to fill the room. When everything has settled, you see that there is something different about Tatofase. It looks like their defence has gone up by 2!

2 blandfish 1 volcanic rock and 1 waterfish

Got the avatar for Attack of the Slorgs. Only two more shockwave game avatars to go!

Woo, got Dr. Grumps! Completely forgot there was a 2x score cheat for Gourmet Bowls so it took longer than it might have, but nevertheless!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the EDIT button to add new/additional comments if your is the most recent.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

vYdUsVP.png

Another wheel I don't need to visit EVER AGAIN!! :lmaosmiley:

3pvdID2.png

Also, thanks to a comment from @midnight_spell360 elsewhere... :D 

Something Has Happened!
evileliv.gif You are now eligible to use 'Evil Eliv Thade' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!