Ian

On 9/16/2017 at 4:31 AM, jellysundae said:

Congrats! I'm working on this one right now too, I completed levels 31 through 41 yesterday, so I'm getting closer. :D The JN guide is an absolute life-saver for this!

I actually was playing without a guide until level 47 where I got stuck. Then I realized how dumb I'd been for not using the JellyNeo guide the whole time! Good luck on those last levels :)

On 9/18/2017 at 0:29 AM, rayuela said:

I actually was playing without a guide until level 47 where I got stuck. Then I realized how dumb I'd been for not using the JellyNeo guide the whole time! Good luck on those last levels :)

I'd have gone insane LONG ago trying without a guide, I don't know how you did it!

You're scaring me now about the last levels, lol.. Should have realised they were gonna be particularly nasty at the end. I don't wanna do any more! :crying_anim:

:laugh:

Maybe by the end of this year I'll have achieved this avatar...:ph34r:

22 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'd have gone insane LONG ago trying without a guide, I don't know how you did it!

You're scaring me now about the last levels, lol.. Should have realised they were gonna be particularly nasty at the end. I don't wanna do any more! :crying_anim:

:laugh:

Maybe by the end of this year I'll have achieved this avatar...:ph34r:

I got a sense of pride for doing it the old fashioned way, haha. I'd tried Level 47 far too many times though and I was at my wit's end. I'm sure you can do it! The guide is a definite lifesaver.

Also, I got the Sell! Sell! avi today. I'm so happy I can finally sell stocks when they're at a peak instead of having to hold off until I get the avatar.

¡Ha ocurrido algo!
neodaqtick.gif Tienes derecho a usar "¡Vende! ¡VENDE!" como avatar en los Neoforos

A slightly smaller update:

I now have Chia – Florg (this is not a skill-based game), ITTPD (#200!), Neoquest II – Devilpuss, Neoquest II – Bionic Cybunny, Lenny – Finneus, The Buzzer Game, Pink!, Soup Faerie (lol), and Alien Aisha, and I'm pretty close to the Neoquest I avatar, too.

Fun fact: I got another Nerkmid from the Vending Machine and wrestled with whether I should sell it for a ~10k profit or use it again. I used it, got some junk food, and realized that maybe it's better sometimes to just be boring. :/

Not sure where to go from here for avatars. I want to try for a few more games before I bother asking for more item or pet lends, but I don't know which.

edit: got nq i, finally. archmagus of roo is hard!

Something Has Happened!
pinkpopcorn.gif You are now eligible to use 'Pink!' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Yay, I've been wanting this one for a long time.  I really like it.

Something Has Happened!
elephantesurprise.gif

You are now eligible to use 'Elephante Surprise' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Just noticed that it was a pink *elephante* so I was able to get another I've been needing, while I had them.

Something Has Happened!
mastervex.gif You are now eligible to use 'Master Vex' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Level:
Match 4 of 11 Tournament:

I'm so grateful; I thought this would take twice as long!!! Should I.... keep playing to get the gold trophy, or should I take my avatar and RUN?

1. It's not an avatar you can lose is it?
  2. Is it a game where it saves progress and you could pick back up on the 1st to try for the gold when it is easier?
  3. Or is it a game where gold is a set point, not a ranking?
  4. How much further would you need to go to get gold?

You can't lose the avatar! I'm just tired of cellblock lol
And it's not a high score table or anything; it's just playing to the end of tournament 11.
I tried to figure out how many matches that is, but I forget how many you have to play against each of the 8 opponents.
Right now I'm at 5/11 matches against the 8th guy in tournament 6. If I win the next one I'll have a majority and be able to go tournament 7. It's just a long and slow process and idk if I care enough about trophies to bother....
http://www.neopets.com/~Kiquin This is a nice little guide though, and using that method will be faster than I was going on my own through the first several tournaments.
I'll probably go for it, since it's only... five more tournaments (shudder)
I'm pretty bad at most neopets games, so I might as well get the trophies for the ones that just take perseverance! (I already have the Beating Punchbag Bob Champion trophy, which was probably even more annoying to get)

Thanks to the TDN avatar lending program, I got a shiny new avi! It's one of the easier item avatars, but I figured getting a lend is still better than spending the 5500 NP myself.

¡Ha ocurrido algo!
ninjakiko.gif

Tienes derecho a usar "Kiko Ninja" como avatar en los Neoforos

I also got a couple of easy avis since my last post: Uni Faboo and Scorchio - Haunted. I wasn't even trying for the latter :P

Oh, well done Deb!

And thank you for giving my brain a prod about Edna, too! I was doing her quests pretty well for a while, but you posting this has made me realise I just stopped doing them quite some time ago, I'll go visit the old bag right now!

Something Has Happened!
bullseye.gif You are now eligible to use 'Turtum' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

ahhh i'm sooo happy!!

(happened a few hours ago so i couldn't paste it exactly)

Got Master Vex, Better Than You, Grand Theft Ummagine, Illusen's Glade, and Must… Keep… Smiling as well to make 212. Incidentally, that's the exact number I had on my last account before I quit in 2011. I'm going to try for 230 by the four-month mark to beat what I had on my best account (… in 4+ years of collecting). It looks very doable at this rate. :~)

Congratulations on your avis, Deb & Altar! I'm pretty jelly: I'm too poor to try for the quest avatars and absolutely terrible at Ultimate Bullseye.

However, I got a new avi today, too. Second time zapping my petpet, and...

Something Has Happened!
petpetlabray.gif You are now eligible to use 'Petpet Laboratory' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Ultimate Bullseye isn't actually that skill-intensive. It just requires a decent amount of luck and a little practice. I'm awful at it, honestly (my average score was probably something like four or five points before today), and I ended up getting the avatar after about thirty minutes of trying just because I got one bullseye and hit a Hagan and Meridell balloon in the same round, lol. Congrats on Petpet Laboratory! I kind of want to get the lab rays, but I'm being pretty frugal since I'm saving for Adam/HT – Richest. :~p Maybe when I'm done with that, I'll get them.

Thank you! I was supposedly saving, too, but I just got impatient. But hey, it's not uncommon to get lab/petpet lab maps from random events. If you wait it out, you'll probably have a few of 'em by the time you get Adam & HT - Richest.

24 minutes ago, Err said:

Wooo first try! Thank you Faerie Festival :D

Something Has Happened!
soup_faerie_kind.gif

You are now eligible to use 'Soup Faerie' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Oh well done!! People on the boards have been wondering if it was possible to get this avatar during the event, and you have confirmed that we can! :D