Ian

9 hours ago, ranga_muffin said:

Finally! Only took me 6 years!!! Yay

Something Has Happened!
neomailaddict.gif You are now eligible to use 'Neomail Addict' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Wow, so it's not just a myth! lol

Really makes you wonder just how much mail you need to go through to get it! :bigeyed:

19 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Wow, so it's not just a myth! lol

Really makes you wonder just how much mail you need to go through to get it! :bigeyed:

I was confused, because that was the 25th special avatar I got, but I looked at TDN, and apparently at one point you could just send a neomail that said "I love neomail" and that would give it to you, so that's probably how I did it.

3 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

I was confused, because that was the 25th special avatar I got, but I looked at TDN, and apparently at one point you could just send a neomail that said "I love neomail" and that would give it to you, so that's probably how I did it.

Yep, gotta say you were really lucky to get it at that point!

7 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

Ah my old account got that avatar that way. Sadly I was frozen(for reasons still unknown actually) and I wasn't able to get it on this account. Awe well :(

I got my Battleground: Awakened av today! And I painted one of my pets pink, pulled her out of the neolodge and am waiting for her to be hungry so I can get the Pink! av! Tomorrow probably xD

57 minutes ago, mysteryfuzz said:

I got my Battleground: Awakened av today! And I painted one of my pets pink, pulled her out of the neolodge and am waiting for her to be hungry so I can get the Pink! av! Tomorrow probably xD

A single TDNer gaining an Obelisk avatar makes the rest of us losing worthwhile, even if you'd not joined the forum when we all chose our factions...pfft, semantics. :ph34r:

Welcome to the clan :D

Do you need any more of the battleground avatars? We help each other out to get them (though we've been pretty fail with our choices just lately, lol)

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

A single TDNer gaining an Obelisk avatar makes the rest of us losing worthwhile, even if you'd not joined the forum when we all chose our factions...pfft, semantics. :ph34r:

Welcome to the clan :D

Do you need any more of the battleground avatars? We help each other out to get them (though we've been pretty fail with our choices just lately, lol)

Haha thank you :biggrin:

I need just... Seekers and Thieves Guild. That's a really great idea to help each other out! Hahaha well I mean your luck has to turn eventually, yeah?

I have a question! Do you know how to get the av counter in your signature to update? I thought replacing the code would update it but it hasn't :unsure:

9 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

Did you update your TDN avatar list?  I think it auto updates when you mark one as you have this avatar.  

I did. And when I go to "My Avatar Counters", the counters there have the correct count but the one in my signature doesn't update :unsure:

But also YAY:

Something Has Happened!
pinkpopcorn.gif You are now eligible to use 'Pink!' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

16 minutes ago, mysteryfuzz said:

I did. And when I go to "My Avatar Counters", the counters there have the correct count but the one in my signature doesn't update :unsure:

But also YAY:

Something Has Happened!
pinkpopcorn.gif You are now eligible to use 'Pink!' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Has it updated now? There's a bit of lag between you checking the box in the avatars list and the counter in your sig changing. Ian (TDN's owner) mentioned it somewhere. Something about 4 hours, maybe? Though that's very likely apocryphal as my brain makes things up all the time!

The real question here is, would you eat that pink popcorn! xD WHY does it have a SKULL on it! :bigeyed:

20 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Something about 4 hours, maybe? Though that's very likely apocryphal as my brain makes things up all the time!

The real question here is, would you eat that pink popcorn! xD WHY does it have a SKULL on it! :bigeyed:

It's been about 24 hours since I got to 242 and it still hasn't updated. I only just got to 243 this morning with the Pink! av though. 

Speaking as a person who has eaten pink popcorn (BUBBLEGUM FLAVOR... WHY?!?) I DO NOT recommend it. I never noticed there was a skull on that container hahahaha. That's ominous :laughingsmiley:

1 hour ago, mysteryfuzz said:

It's been about 24 hours since I got to 242 and it still hasn't updated. I only just got to 243 this morning with the Pink! av though. 

Speaking as a person who has eaten pink popcorn (BUBBLEGUM FLAVOR... WHY?!?) I DO NOT recommend it. I never noticed there was a skull on that container hahahaha. That's ominous :laughingsmiley:

Have you had a look at your avatar list again to see if it's still checked off? The last time my sig never updated I found the box wasn't actually checked. I was pretty sure I had checked it but it didn't seem to have retained it, once I did it again it updated by the next day.

Maybe Neo's pink popcorn is Pepto-Bismol flavour. xD

I think the skull's telling people what they should already know . . . that they really don't want to be eating that. :laugh:

Ingest at your own risk! vampire.gif

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I was pretty sure I had checked it but it didn't seem to have retained it, once I did it again it updated by the next day.

Yeah, they're all still checked :sad: Ah well, I'm sure it'll catch up eventually!

3 hours ago, teukkie said:

Yay! Finally got this one! 

Something Has Happened!
petpetlabray.gif You are now eligible to use 'Petpet Laboratory' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Got it for the petpet, now if only I could get it for the pet too ... >.>

Woohoo congrats! Do you know how many zaps it took you to get it?

3 hours ago, Jena92 said:

I got the nightstead avatar on my main now.

Congrats! What does that bring your count up to?

10 minutes ago, mysteryfuzz said:

Woohoo congrats! Do you know how many zaps it took you to get it?

It was the first zap for this petpet! ^_^ 

I also just got this one thanks to someone :D

Something Has Happened!
draikegg.gif You are now eligible to use 'Draik - Hatched' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

12 minutes ago, Jena92 said:

I'm not sure  how do you check how many you have?

Use this nifty TDN tool, Jena :D

http://thedailyneopets.com/neoavatars/import

19 minutes ago, Jena92 said:

I'm not sure  how do you check how many you have?

6 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Use this nifty TDN tool, Jena :D

http://thedailyneopets.com/neoavatars/import

The tool is a great way to keep track of your avatars, and great for the long run, but you can also just look at your userlookup on neo and it'll tell you how many avs you have.  The TDN tracker is good for quickly checking if you have a certain one, or how to get something, or getting all the ones of a type, etc.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

@mysteryfuzz Your counter's showing 243 for me now. :D

SORCERY!!! Yay I'm glad it caught up! So it's just a bit delayed, good to know. Thanks for letting me know that it caught up!!

29 minutes ago, Jena92 said:

my avatars on neopets is 51. I got  the pteri darigan today

Have you gotten the clickable ones?

http://thedailyneopets.com/neoavatars/solutions/6/

You can get a lot of the pet/petpet/item ones fairly easily as well.

This topic, "Avatar Counter Stuck", posted on TDN Forums on March 23, explains the issue with the avatar counters not updating right away:

https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48238-avatar-counter-stuck/?tab=comments#comment-823478

Basically, it takes one (1) day for the change to take, on TDN Forums only. For me, it seems to be 24 hours. Meaning, if I updated my counter at, say, 6 pm today, I'd notice it updated at 6 pm or slightly after, the next day. Please note, too, this is with any counter used on the TDN Forums, like the ones for AC, DD, and GMC.

So, in a way it is sorcery, but good Internet sorcery of the "https:" kind.

Speaking of avatars, it's been a while since I posted a new one here. Guess I better get to working on one...

8 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

This topic, "Avatar Counter Stuck", posted on TDN Forums on March 23, explains the issue with the avatar counters not updating right away:

https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48238-avatar-counter-stuck/?tab=comments#comment-823478

Basically, it takes one (1) day for the change to take, on TDN Forums only. For me, it seems to be 24 hours. Meaning, if I updated my counter at, say, 6 pm today, I'd notice it updated at 6 pm or slightly after, the next day. Please note, too, this is with any counter used on the TDN Forums, like the ones for AC, DD, and GMC.

So, in a way it is sorcery, but good Internet sorcery of the "https:" kind.

Speaking of avatars, it's been a while since I posted a new one here. Guess I better get to working on one...

Scoobert showing here that I really was totally making it up when I said I thought it updated in 4 hours. :laugh: I guess I got it half right?

24 hours

Right? :shiftyeyes_anim: