Depressed Pet?

CurlyFreys

Did you play with them a lot, or just a few times? If a pet's mood level is low enough and the toy or grooming item you're using simple enough, it may take quite a few plays/grooms to see their mood go up. I'd suggest playing with them, then refreshing the item use window to speed things up. Keep an eye on the messages in case they get bored of the toy, though. Alternately, you can put them in the Neolodge (any amount of time, any hotel, any extras). That will set their mood and hunger to max (delighted! and bloated).

If I remember right, your pet has to play with a toy about six times for its mood to raise a level. Usually I just get a cheap toy and hit f5 and enter in the item window after I click 'submit' for about twenty seconds, then repeat if my pet isn't delighted yet. I'm not sure the neolodge actually changes a pet's mood - my battle pet's been back in the lodge for a week and its mood is still just "Happy", and that seems to be the case whenever I put them in there if they aren'r already delighted. Maybe it just maintains their current mood level (barring random events)?

I agree with slavecrown. I literally just did the refreshing thing with all 3 of my pets yesterday. I haven't had much luck with the neolodge improving their mood, but I usually put it on the cheepest setting, cockroach motel (5np/pet/day), so maybe that has to do with the quality, and extras you choose. I know grooming is supposed to improve mood as well, so you probably could use a grooming item, instead of a toy.

my pet was depressed yesterday, due to a random event, and it took quite a while to improve its mood. I chose 3 different toys and just kept playing with her until it improved. It did, but it took a while.

If I remember right, your pet has to play with a toy about six times for its mood to raise a level. Usually I just get a cheap toy and hit f5 and enter in the item window after I click 'submit' for about twenty seconds, then repeat if my pet isn't delighted yet. I'm not sure the neolodge actually changes a pet's mood - my battle pet's been back in the lodge for a week and its mood is still just "Happy", and that seems to be the case whenever I put them in there if they aren'r already delighted. Maybe it just maintains their current mood level (barring random events)?

Huh, I just checked all my pets and it seems you're correct. My bad, from what I can find googling the Neolodge merely maintains their mood (and keeps them fed, of course, and a hungry pet also has the sad emotion showing). Seems the idea that it improves their mood is just a very old misconception! My bad, I never even thought to look into that. Thank you for setting me straight on it. :)

Well, despite not improving their mood, I still recommend the lodge once they're happy- maintaining their mood is still an excellent feature.

my pet was depressed yesterday, due to a random event, and it took quite a while to improve its mood. I chose 3 different toys and just kept playing with her until it improved. It did, but it took a while.

I, too, have a depressed pet due to a random event yesterday. I also have a sick pet (thank you, Qasalan Expellibox, yet again!) who I need to go buy a cure for, so my crew are looking a little bit worse for wear atm. I usually use toys to get my pet's mood up, but I didn't know about the tiki tour or merry go round. Maybe I'll try those, just for something different.

I, too, have a depressed pet due to a random event yesterday. I also have a sick pet (thank you, Qasalan Expellibox, yet again!) who I need to go buy a cure for, so my crew are looking a little bit worse for wear atm. I usually use toys to get my pet's mood up, but I didn't know about the tiki tour or merry go round. Maybe I'll try those, just for something different.

That's why when you are doing obelisk war, you never do qasalan expellibox with your battledome pet. It can get a very expensive illness and take forever for the healing springs. so always remember, if your active pet is your battle pet, change it before doing expellibox. How are you doing on neoquest 2?

That's why when you are doing obelisk war, you never do qasalan expellibox with your battledome pet. It can get a very expensive illness and take forever for the healing springs. so always remember, if your active pet is your battle pet, change it before doing expellibox. How are you doing on neoquest 2?

Good tip, which would have been more useful to know BEFORE I went and did qasalan expellibox with my battledome pet :P

Oh well, I know now. Live and learn, hey? I've just pm'd you about neoquest 2 so that we're not OT here.

One of my pets was depressed about 2 months ago, not really sure why. It was the first time since I've been on Neopets that one of my pets wasn't "delighted!". It took at least a month/6 weeks for her to snap out of it. Playing with toys helped move the process along but it took a long while. It will get better :)

A new random event will do this quite often. I noticed it after the RE revamp, at least one of my pets is depressed at any given day of heavy playing. Usually just playing with your pet (leave one toy in your inventory for this purpose) and refreshing the submitted page multiple times - I think it's 5 refreshes per mood improvement - to get them back up. Playing with them once won't do the trick, it'll need to be a few times.