Lutari Talisman?

CherryGrass

Hey everyone :) Are you all looking forward to Christmas? Not long now!

I've noticed on my user look up that on the 'Site Feature Trophies' part that I have a Lutari Talisman. I've never really thought about it before, but decided to click on it and see what would happen.

This is what it says:

If you possess one of the mysterious Lutari Island beads, you can place it on your own Lutari Talisman. The more beads you have, the stronger your Talisman's effects!

From your Inventory, click on the bead and select "Put into your Talisman" from the drop down menu. The bead will then appear on your Talisman below.

What are the Lutari Island beads? And what exactly does the Talisman do?

Putting the Lutari beads on your talisman could have many effects. Some can increase the neopoints you get from a game, randomly give you discounts at neopian shops, increase the random events you could get... You can buy Lutari beads in the auctions, trading post and the shop wizard (if youre lucky), but for the amount of neopoints you'd waste, they're not really worth it.

I have two of the gaming beads on my talisman. I found 3 beads via REs over the years. The first was a gaming one when Lutari Island was still active, so it wasn't selling for that much. It increased my NP in games 10% (about every third game or so). The second was one of the other colors, and it wasn't super clear what that bead color even did, so I sold it. The third one I got was also a gaming one. I considered selling it, but when I did the calculations, I decided to keep it. It increases my NP by 25% (but still only about every third game or so). This means instead of 1k/game, I make 1250.

I got that last bead... in January of this year, actually (before the RE generator changed things up). I calculated that the lost interest was less than 300 NP per day, so as long as I get the boost on two 1k games/day on average, it was better to put it on my talisman. (Which I would be getting had I followed my plan to game more this year to get more avatars... Oh, well, I should make up for it with GMC this week!) I noted at the time that JN's price for that bead was about 1M; I don't know how much prices currently are, but if they're not much higher, it might be worth buying the green beads if you play a lot of games.

Are people sure that the bead REs are gone? Was this because of the Coincidence?