Discount on Premium Membership

rowtiderow

Just wanted to make sure everyone sees this- for Neopet's birthday, they're giving $20 off the yearly premium membership. I already have premium, but I wanted to see if I could use the deal. Turns out, they'll charge you the discounted rate when it's time for your premium to renew. So, if you were thinking about premium, or already have it, make sure you take advantage of the discount! :)

I want to add to be careful with this. I always buy a year membership at a time, and I've purchased during these sales in the middle of my year membership. I *should* have gotten the discounted rate the last time I renewed this past August, or shouldn't have had to renew until 2015 if the membership years stacked, but was charged the full amount. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the purchase records, so I had no documents to email about. So if you do choose to purchase and are currently in the middle of a billing cycle, make sure you keep any purchase confirmation emails. I would have purchased the membership whether it was full price or a discount, so I'm not that bummed, but for people who only buy because of the discount, make sure you're getting the right price when it comes time to pay.

Has anyone tried purchasing the discounted premium yet?

I've never had premium but decided to try it out. When I went through with the payment and clicked continue, I was redirected back to the main page and I haven't received a confirmation email and there's no evidence that my account has premium. Sometimes it takes a few days for things to show up on my credit statement, but realistically, the transaction should have gone through right away (same as purchasing an item at a store, right?). I don't want to try signing up again for fear I'll be billed twice. I'll send a ticket, but just wondering if anyone else has encountered this??? :eh:

I would agree, if it's not showing up as a payment, and you didn't receive an email, I feel fairly confident that it didn't go through. If it does charge twice, you could always send a ticket in then too.

Has anyone tried purchasing the discounted premium yet?

I've never had premium but decided to try it out. When I went through with the payment and clicked continue, I was redirected back to the main page and I haven't received a confirmation email and there's no evidence that my account has premium. Sometimes it takes a few days for things to show up on my credit statement, but realistically, the transaction should have gone through right away (same as purchasing an item at a store, right?). I don't want to try signing up again for fear I'll be billed twice. I'll send a ticket, but just wondering if anyone else has encountered this??? :eh:

I did it with the discount within the last few days and it went through within about five minutes with an email/neomail and the premium bar added. I'd say that it probably didn't go through if you haven't received anything about it but then, I'm not sure if it might take longer with different methods of payment and all.

Every time I've ever bought it, it's been instantaneous. If you don't receive a confirmation, it hasn't gone through.