Games Master Challenge 2014 Begins!

hrtbrk

I really hate using cheats, because that is cheating (ha!) in my book, but I'm still sucking so badly at Meepit Juice Break that I just might have to give it a try. When do you type it in? At the beginning? Between levels?

Between levels works the easiest. It's not technically cheating, since TNT programmed it into the game. It's more of a nice little bonus. :)

Another tip: on the first level, focus on getting as many of the pipes as you can. If you can get all of them even once on that level, that's an extra 50 points. The level goes slow enough that you can fiddle with the pipes for a while before the timer runs out.

Thanks for those tips. I'm slowly getting better, but I'm not sure if I'm going to get better enough in time. I have a few other things on today; I can't sit here all day and play this. I'm going to assume that not getting the score today will affect my chances of getting a trophy? (I'm not giving up quite yet but...)

Thanks for those tips. I'm slowly getting better, but I'm not sure if I'm going to get better enough in time. I have a few other things on today; I can't sit here all day and play this. I'm going to assume that not getting the score today will affect my chances of getting a trophy? (I'm not giving up quite yet but...)

It might take away a gold. You'll still be able to do it later, but you might end up with a silver if you complete it after today. Good luck! I hope you can get it.

WOOHOO!!!!! Finally!! Couldn't get past 800, then all of a sudden I had a score of 1213 and I was stoked. And I didn't cheat, in the end. Took me several hours though. It's not a game I find easy at all! I would much rather keep aiming for that gold trophy. It'll be my first proper one, if I get it.

I have hardly any game avatars. Now I get why you guys are all saying these games are easy. I've not logged the man hours like all you avatar holders have.

Well, that's not quite true. I've put a lot of hours into Snowmuncher but not for the avatar (which I don't have, I'm pretty sure). I just really enjoy the game and it's one of my go to's when I want to relax or earn points.

EDIT: Well, looky here. I tell a lie. I do have the Snowmuncher avatar. All the hours I put into it must have paid off at some point!

Ack forgot to post here yesterday. So Day 3 I really, really am not fond of Snot Splatter or Bouncy Supreme. I got the scores, but after an embarrassing amount of failures and infuriating close calls.

Day 4 I'm not super fond of Snowmuncher, but I'm okay with it. I REALLY am no good at Meepit Juice Break. Maybe it's the dead stares of meepits. I dunno. I got the scores, but Meepit Juice Break took way too long.

with some focus i managed to beat my previous Space Fungus score of 214 and managed 455 , while bumble beams is one of my favorite games so the score was easy

still no wearable prizes though , weird

They both took a few tries for me today. I had played Bumble Beams before, but never to 600 points. It took me a while to get the hang of it. I'm also sleep deprived, so that could've taken me longer. It really requires some finesse. I had never played Lost in Space Fungus. That also took me a few tries. But I really enjoyed it/that sort of puzzle game.

Well, I'd never played Lost in Space Fungus. I liked it well enough once I understood what was going on. A little bit of trial and error, but I got the score. Bumble Beams is kind of fun? But way too nerve-wracking to be truly enjoyable for me. My high score was 353, and I wasn't getting anywhere near that when I first started trying. I found a new guide and after reading it, I got 684 the first try. Good enough for me.

Oh man, I was really worried about Bumble Beams but once I got the hang of the wooden planks it wasn't so terrible. And I found the score for Lost in Space Fungus easily obtainable. Woo! Another day finished! Good Luck everyone!

It took me about an hour to get both games today. I've previously had a high enough score in the Space Fungus game so I wasn't too worried about that score, though I did need to get the hang of it again. I read both the TDN and the JellyNeo guides very thoroughly and decided to restart the game until I had a 25 point booster on the first level. In Bumble Beams I previously only had half the score needed for today's challenge. I can't even tell you how many tries it took until I finally ended up submitting a score of 616. I'm staying with relatives so I need to get my scores in early because I've got no idea what time everyone is going to go to bed in the evening.

Day Five: Complete!

Not a big fan of either of today's games, but I managed.

I had a lot of trouble with Bumble Beams especially. My previous best score was only 416 and I could not for the life of me get past level four.

Then I read the TDN guide and found the tip about the wooden beam. I had no idea that you could hold it in place just by pressing the opposite arrow key! That one tip increased my score to 960 on the first try. :D

everyone seems to be so good at the games so far. today's (especially bumble beams) took me several hours woops. i'm really liking the prizes tho, and the game diversity. it's got me playing games i've never played before c: oh and just to add solidarity, it's my first GMC too, despite having spent almost ten years on site.

For those with Bumble Beams trouble!

I, too, had issues. I thought I wouldn't be able to do it. But then I figured out the wooden beams (the brown ones).

When the petpet lands on it, it can only tumble to one side - the side is determined by where the petpet lands. If it lands to the left of the middle, it can only go left.

BUT! If you hold down the RIGHT arrow key, the beam will stay straight and the petpet won't move! Then you just wait for an empty bin to come along, let go at the right time and it lands safely in the bin. And of course if it lands to the right, yu hold down the left arrow key.

Once I realised this, I bet the game immediately. Took me five levels to get to 600+ points.

I'd never played either of today's games before. Bumble Beams took me ages. I kept getting the timing wrong, but I steadily improved, it was just a matter of keeping on keeping on. Once I got to a level that had wooden beams, it was all gravy. Space Fungus took me a lot less time to get the required score but I also lacked the sense of accomplishment I had with Bumble Beams. I can see me going back to that game in the future. I'm loving the plushies. I have a very small plushie gallery, so it's nice to win something I can put in my 'collection'. Also, yay for the healing potion!! Don't suppose we know anything yet about how much it heals?

Now I know why I only have a few game trophies....I really do stink at most of the games :( I do like the Bubble Beams from today though, so that was a nice treat!

Question - Do you get a site trophy if you play each day, even if you aren't able to get the needed scores?