Happy Thanksgiving!

fullonparanoid

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! :D

I hope that everyone who is celebrating it has a most wonderful day filled with friends and family.

What are TDNF folks up to day?

Are you cooking? Traveling?

Mine will have friends and family gathering here AND food prepared by all AND football (and a nap with the pups!). :D

Gobble Gobble!

:P

Happy Thanksgiving! Today I'm staying up in my room while my mom cooks. My mom likes quiet when she cooks so I'll be be playing video games and will try to finish the first Itazura Na Kiss manga. We had a snowstorm yesterday so I just want to relax :)

Happy Thanksgiving!! I got off the hook this year so no cooking for me. :icecream: It's just me my mom and my dad this year, nothing special.

am I the only one that gets excited over the dog show? xD

Happy Thanksgiving fullonparanoid and everyone! :D

I'm actually out of town at my Mom's, we're going to my aunt's in about an hour and a half or so. I hope everyone celebrating has a great Thanksgiving! If you don't celebrate, then have an awesome Thursday! ;)

am I the only one that gets excited over the dog show?

No! You are not alone! In fact, we just found out yesterday that a friend's Scottish Terrier was invited to show at Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show! :D

Family of dog lovers up in this house!

Hope everyone is having a happy day...we are about to sit down to feast!

:P

Happy Thanksgiving! :) I'm just hanging out for now, but we'll be going to my aunt's house later in the day--my dad's family gathers there every year.

I'm thankful for all of you here at TDN. You're awesome people and great friends to have. :)

am I the only one that gets excited over the dog show? xD

No! I used to love watching the dog show every year... Unfortunately I can't find it online anywhere, and I don't have TV. I miss watching the parade and dog show.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends :)

I'm stuck cooking everything at my parents house. Everyone left to go celebrate elsewhere. We will all meet up tonight and play Risk and get fat with delicious foodies :D hooray!

My Thanksgiving has been miserable. My fiance and I plan this feast, parents were to come over, and I get sick! Nothing's worse than being sick on a holiday. Mom and Dad will come over tomorrow instead. Still not happy though.

Happy Thanksgiving/Thursday, everyone!

I. AM. DYING. Seriously.

I was invited to THREE dinners, and had to attend them all today. I never want to eat again...

Menu for dinner 1: Ham, turkey, creamed corn, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, dressing, cranberry sauce, turkey gravy, turkey giblet gravy, green beans with whole potatoes and ham in them, deviled eggs, cole slaw, fudge cookies, rolls, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, cherry pie, homemade blueberry cobbler, coconut cake, and individual homemade pineapple upside down cakes.

Menu for dinner 2: Same as above, minus the pineapple upside down cakes, cherry pie, cobbler, and cookies. This dinner had coconut cake, sweet potato pie, pumpkin pie, and fruit bread for dessert. Everything was homemade.

Menu for dinner 3: Turkey, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, dressing, cranberry sauce, giblet gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, deviled eggs, buttered biscuits (the southern kind), pumpkin pie, apple pie, and chocolate cupcakes.

Not only do I have leftovers from all three dinners, two additional people came to my house and dropped off leftovers. My new landlord was one of those people. He and his wife made a 37 pound turkey (2.67 stone) and fed 33 people with it. They had about half the turkey left with a whole pan of dressing, a jar of giblet gravy, and an entire pan of strawberry cake with fresh whipped cream and strawberries on it.

The second person to bring leftovers brought a myriad of a combo of dinners one and two, plus banana nut bread, chocolate fudge cake, and a Coca-Cola.

Did I mention I didn't want to eat ever again? Wish I could share all this food with my neighbors, but they have as much leftovers as I do already, lol. My brother went into a convenient store earlier with a friend of his to get a soda, and the person working in there gave them 3 plates of food to take home from their own dinner, as much as they said they already had enough. I wish I could have cooked some food for the needy in our community, but a local church was already doing that.

In short, in words of our Neopets, "I'm too full, NO MORE food PLEASE!!"

Nightfall- If I felt well enough, I'd take some of that food off your hands. I had to cancel Thanksgiving because I have a cold.

The menu: Turkey, mashed potatoes, marshmallow-topped sweet potato bake, green bean casserole, stuffing, and homemade pecan pie.

Happy belated Thanksgiving! I had green bean "casserole" (a homemade, healthier version, basically green beans and mushrooms in a light béchamel sauce with thyme, nutmeg, salt, and pepper), butternut squash soup (with soft tofu), salad with papaya and pomegranate seeds, and roasted diced sweet potato with curry seasoning. For dessert, it was 5-ingredient healthier cherry brownies. Pretty yummy, though I did miss the stuffing (my favorite).

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all of you!

This year there was only 5 of us for dinner, then I hosted the neighbors for dessert - What fun!

For dinner, we had Honey Baked ham and turkey hissi, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn casserole, cranberry relish, stuffing, gravy, deviled eggs, potato salad...I made smaller portions of everything, but we still have left-overs after eating on it for 3 days...LOL.

For those of you with left-overs, don't forget, you can put them into smaller portions and freeze for a later date :)