Forum Customization Contest! (V2)

Shelley

With the encouragement of Sabs, her forum customization contest (FCC) is back! Once again, you don't have to own or buy any NC or NP wearable items for this contest. Using Dress to Impress (DTI) create your best looking "dream customization" for the selected theme. There will usually be one week dedicated to entering and one week for voting. There are changes that apply for new contest, including mailed entries. This board will now be used for all of your questions, comments, and suggestions. You may ask questions here or mail me directly. Make sure to read the rules below to learn more! :)  

Entering Dates for Contest #15: Monday, August 3rd - Sunday, August 16th

Selected theme #15: Neopocalypse

Selected species/color #15: any

Voting Dates/thread #14: Monday, July 27th - Sunday, August 2nd

Contest #13 Prizes:

TBA

Number of Entries Received:

Upcoming Theme: Neopocalypse! (A Dystopian Theme)

How to play:

• Anyone can participate in this contest, as long as they have a TDNF account created. There are no entry fees.
  • You will be using DTI (Dress to Impress) to come up with your customs based on the selected theme. You can enter one of your own customized neopets as long as it abides by the current theme/specie selection.
  • If the contest does not have a species, selected then you can choose any neopet species (Including UCs) and color. 
  • You can only submit one pet entry, unless the current theme states otherwise.

*NEW* Entries will now me mailed directly to me (Shelley) via PM on The Daily Neopets Forums during the selected entry dates. You will not post entries on this thread. Please mail all entries with the following FORM (suggestion by Spritzie):

Entry name (if applicable):

Image: 

Link for animations:

Story (optional):

You can make changes to your entries once received in my inbox. You can find the EDIT button to the lower right of your sent message

• A new thread titled, "Customization Contest Votes" will be created with a poll for our voting process.
  • I will preview all the submitted entries on the voting thread.
  • The Top 3 multiple voted customs will have a special display on the voting thread. You will also receive a trophy you can choose to display on your user look-up or profile along with a prize if designated for that round.
  • If you would like your entry cropped in a design software for better quality for the voting thread you may choose to do so.
  • If I am not available for any reason to run the contest Spritzie will update the contest

Rules:

•  You can't vote for yourself
  • You can edit your customization only during the entering dates listed above. 
  • Please don't use any of the trophy images from the Forum Customization Contest unless you have permission from Shelley.
  • Do not use design programs to enhance your customization entry, unless you are only cropping it for better quality due to a DTI wearable glitch.
  • If you won't be available for a contest entry week, you may PM (Shelley) early.
  • Please do not post entries on this thread. This thread will be for discussion only*

Important Links:

Dress to Impress
http://impress.openneo.net/

Linking your Image from DTI:

TDNF uses BBcode for image linking. On the right of the screen in DTI, click on the "Share" tab. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the "BBcode" tab. You will see different sizes of links available. The "medium" size image is usually preferred (see examples on the past contest thread). Highlight all of the code, and copy it. Paste this code to the thread for your entry. 
Note: If your picture does not show up, double check the code you linked. Most likely you did not copy the complete code. 

Thread for Alternate Customizations (created by Lady Lyuba)
 http://www.tdnforums...rable-mentions/

Original Forum Customization Contest (created by Sabs
http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/41284-forum-customization-contest/?hl=%2Bcustomization+%2Bcontest

Trophies:

gold.pngsilver.pngbronze.png

Banner/Advertising Team (open to anyone that would like to help)
Katsuokai

Deboratibi

Banners
https://imgur.com/a/zQvqq

Donation Till: 0 nps (not reflective of the amount of donations past)

Thank you Donors!

Dan!elle (x2)

deboratibi

lillythegrundo

acquarella

Totu487

Anonymous

Donations will be used to purchase prizes for future rounds. If you're interested in donating offer any amount on a jelly or omelette in my trades

http://www.neopets.com/island/tradingpost.phtml?type=browse&criteria=owner&search_string=pancakesatthedisco

Yes! Yes! Yes! I was waiting for this! I'm definitely entering again! I won the very first customisation contest. I can't wait =) thank you so much for this initiative Shelley! (Can you tell I'm excited?)

I will also put a banner in my signature and am willing to donate some NP and/or items :)

Sounds amazinf thank you very much :) cant wait to enter and see the other entrants

Thanks for your interest! I also look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with :)

Yes! Yes! Yes! I was waiting for this! I'm definitely entering again! I won the very first customisation contest. I can't wait =) thank you so much for this initiative Shelley! (Can you tell I'm excited?)

I will also put a banner in my signature and am willing to donate some NP and/or items :)

haha xD I'm glad it's back up as well! The contest has been a lot of fun for me. I still can remember your first customization off the top of my head, it was great! Thank you for offering your help :)

I was having so much fun customizing my own pets for the holiday, I went ahead and played "if I were a millionaire" (and spent way too much time doing it). Man, I kind of want to buy some of the items I used now...

Thanks for organizing this contest, Shelley.

Good luck to everyone who enters! I can't wait to see all the beautiful pets!

That's the best part of this contest! Getting to use all the fancy items you can't afford. It's an unlimited closet :)

and you can thank Sabs and Spritzie for the organization of this contest- they both contributed some great ideas to improve the format

Just a reminder that there's less than a week to submit entries (usually the entry period will only last one week). All the entries I've received so far are really fantastic!

For those wondering about banners, I whipped up a few. You can use them if you wish. If anyone wants to make some more buttons or banners feel free to and I will add them to the thread. Thanks! :)

FCCbanner2.gifFCCbanner3.gifFCCbanner1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Voting for round #1 has almost come to a close! If you haven't already placed your votes you have 3 more days to do so :)

I'm still debating the theme for the next round. As I haven't gotten any suggestions, I've come up with the ideas of either a new years party/celebration theme, a candyland theme, a toyland theme, or a winter wonderland theme.

I'm not sure what everyone will be interested in so I may just pull one out of a hat :p

Other suggestions are still welcome :)

Thank you everyone for participating in this last round of the customization contest!! :D

Congratulations to Ysera, LillytheGrundo, deboratibi, and Dan!elle

results can be viewed on the voting thread

I will hand out prizes tomorrow, but in the meantime a new theme is up that I hope you will have fun with! :)

I really like the idea behind the species choice! I was born in the year of the goat ('91) :yes:

Has there been a Music or Musical theme? I think that would be cool. I'm not sure if there are enough items for this, so maybe the category doesn't have to be very specific. Like, you could either recreate an actual musician, make up your own, or even be inspired by an opera, a Broadway musical or musical film. IDK!

EDIT: OR TV SHOWS

A music theme would be really cool! Something like that never crossed my mind. I'm a huge Broadway fan so that would be super fun :D I'll keep that in mind!

I've only received 4 entries for this round so far so I've extended to entering date. Maybe with an extra week we'll receive double the entries! I know I've been very busy during this holiday season and I'm sure everyone else has been as well :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday <3

• 3 weeks later...

I hope more people participate this week! Come ooon guys! :thumbsup:

I was making myself a signature to help advertise the contest, and then I figured I'd share them here (and made different sizes/with and without borders)...

I hope this is okay, lol.

20kcb44.png10o0hep.png

"signature" size

1r9mip.pngnbaidl.png

"banner" size

2u59fsl.png29gibug.png

"itty bitty button" size

OMG! Deb these are fantastic!! I'll be using one right away! :D

Well I know there are at least 3 more entries in the works....but I will most likely extend the entering period once again depending on how many entries I receive by Sunday. I understand that this is a busy time of year, especially with school starting back up again :) So everyone should be on the lookout for changes to the entering date!

A carnival/mardi gras is a great idea for a contest and something people could have a lot of fun with. We'll definitely have to do that! :)

I have officially extended the entering date of the current contest. It will now end on January 25th! So everyone has an extra week to either perfect their entries or start one. I have received 5 wonderful entries but would love to see some more this round :) spread the word!

• 3 weeks later...

I like the Mardi Gras theme this time.

I noticed that my entries have used nearly exclusively NC items, so I think it would be interesting to do a NP-only contest. Maybe combined with a pet that's considered really hard to customize well, for an added challenge? (For me, that's probably more than half the species...)

Ooooo! Great suggestion Siniri!

I enjoy the challenge of more difficult species. (Even if I grumble a bit as I work on my entry.) NP only would definitely increase the difficulty.

Also, with Valentine's Day coming up, maybe a valentine's/love/anti-valentine's theme would be good for an upcoming round.

I DEFINITELY think the all NP challenge is a great idea. When it comes to customizing our actual pets a lot of us (including myself) don't have an abundance of NC items to work with. Ideas that people come up with could more easily carry over to our actual neopets :)

I've already received four entries this round so I do not think I need to extend it another week. I've been getting such great ideas and I'm excited to try them out! I have a species in mind that might work well for a valentines day round :p

So the entry period will officially end the 8th! :)