Flash and Silverlight not working

rosemaryxrue

Hi! I'm on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.8. Recently, I've run into issues with flash games not loading on neopets, although they work for other people even if they're laggy. Then last night I tried to watch something on Netflix and it informed there was an error with Silverlight.

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Silverlight. Uninstall seems to have gone perfectly. But. Every time I tried to download Silverlight, my browser tells me that the server was busy and could not connect. Since I was having issues with Flash, also, I tried updating my Adobe Flash, only to have the same thing happen, but ONLY on the page where I actually go to download Flash. Adobe's site, and Microsoft's, were otherwise working fine. I have tried this on Firefox and Safari both. I tried updating Firefox; that went fine, so I'm running the latest version and STILL not able to download these updates.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Thank you for any assistance.

ETA: I should clarify. Battledome is working, for example, and last night I was able to play Meerca Chase II. Yesterday I eventually got the advent animation to load, while today all I'm getting is a white box. So it seems Flash is working in some cases, but not all.

Hmmm... Are you still having the issue? Unfortunately, I do not have any MAC experience, but it seems your downloads are being restricted somehow. If you are tethering your MAC to your phone, then I could see that as a possibility, especially if you are nearing your data plan limit. Please don't hate and I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but have you rebooted? Cleared your browser's cache and history? For both (Firefox and Safari)? Has your Internet connection seemed slow, recently? Issues with your ISP? I was able to download Flash for MAC.

EDIT: can you download Flash from this link?

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Hi! No worries. I actually finally did reboot my computer, and managed to update flash and silverlight. I even got the Advent calendar to load. However...now the same flash things aren't loading again, and I shut my computer down last night to do a cold reboot this morning. *sigh* I'm not sure why they worked last night but not today. I'll try clearing my browser, thanks! I forget about those things.

ETA: Cleared the cache and browser history, but it seems to be having no effect, although I haven't tried loading things on Safari. I did get a message once that the flash plugin had crashed, but it didn't suggest anything besides reloading the page which did nothing to help.

Not sure if it will help, but every once in awhile, when I have issues with Flash, I'll try deleting the "Flash cache" to see if it helps. May not be accurate for Mac, but see if you have a System Preferences pane for Flash Player. Click the Advanced tab, then Delete browser data and settings (near the top). No guarantees it will help and Flash may seem a little slower, at first, but I'd give it a try. Other than that, I try to limit/keep it to only one or two open browser pages with Flash, like Facebook and Neopets, at a time. The main issue I have with Flash is the advertisements, as my CPU (speed) and memory (RAM size) aren't very good. Yesterday, Flash was crashing a lot - more than usual, for my computer. Part of me feels it could be Neopets leftovers from the move, as some items seem to stop working, when they previously were (Coconut Shy, Qasalian (sp?) Expellibox, and even the NC Mall) and Neopets is Flash "heavy" - almost everything uses Flash on the site. Not a real fix, but see if Safari seems to work normal with Flash and when it seems to act up, switch to Firefox, and when Firefox and Flash acts up, switch back.