Lia's (late) Advent Calendar

Lia Seeya

In true Lia fashion, I am late with putting this up but the idea only occurred to me yesterday. I wanted to warm up my drawing hand and ended up drawing the Neopets of a few of the forum users. How did I pick them? Mostly from previous interactions, or just by poking around the forums and picking randomly. :P Now, I want to draw more Neopets! Presenting...

Lia's (late) Advent Calendar!

AC-1220_torlkff.jpg

Info:

I enjoyed drawing different Neopets because I'm so used to drawing my own for comics, so drawing other people's pets is good practice for drawing different pets!

I also wanted to give back to the TDN community. Even though I'm nowhere as active as I used to be, I still have great memories of this forum and website. Plus, it's Christmas time! It's always fun to do something nice for someone on Christmas. :D

Rules:

- There are only nineteen (19) slots, and I can't take in any more requests if it fills up. :(

- I won't draw these in elaborate detail, which means I won't include some of your pet's accessories. (E.g. I might draw your pet's fabulous hair, but I won't add in their super lacy glowy glowy hat.)

- This is done in an anthro-style, meaning that I'll give them a neck and shoulders. :P

- You don't have to link back to my Neo lookup, as long as you don't claim the image as your own.

How-to:

- Comment/post below with: your pet's name/nickname, a link to their pet lookup, and a reference image

-- If you want me to draw your pet as your dream colour (e.g. Royal), that's fine. Maybe use DTI to show me what you want your pet's drawing to look like. (Thanks to Angelo for this idea!)

- Once I get maybe five requests, I'll put them through a randomiser and then draw them in order the randomiser gives me. (That means that the order of the drawings may not appear in the same order as the comments.)

- A new pet image goes up once the Neopets clock hits midnight!

Drawings done/to be drawn:

Done:

1. Sandrea (image)

2. Maingo (image)

3. Mermutt (image)

4. DarkPhilosophy (image)

5. Bisbee (image)

6. MagickalHorn (image)

7. Kaibajouryuuki (image)

8. Rainbow (image)

9. Sweetie (image)

10. Tek (image)

11. FlopsyWopsy (image)

12. Emeline (image)

13. Umfrey (image)

14. Inaliq (image)

15. Quagrennea (image)

16. John (image)

17. Phean (image)

18. Pansorneo (image)

19. Candrady (image)

20. Tulip (image)

To be drawn (not in order):

???

(5 slots remaining)

Fingers crossed! <3

In true Lia fashion, I am late with putting this up but the idea only occurred to me yesterday. I wanted to warm up my drawing hand and ended up drawing the Neopets of a few of the forum users. How did I pick them? Mostly from previous interactions, or just by poking around the forums and picking randomly. :P Now, I want to draw more Neopets! Presenting...

Lia's (late) Advent Calendar!

AC-main_zps8b2749e4.jpg

Info:

I enjoyed drawing different Neopets because I'm so used to drawing my own for comics, so drawing other people's pets is good practice for drawing different pets!

I also wanted to give back to the TDN community. Even though I'm nowhere as active as I used to be, I still have great memories of this forum and website. Plus, it's Christmas time! It's always fun to do something nice for someone on Christmas. :D

Rules:

- There are only nineteen (19) slots, and I can't take in any more requests if it fills up. :(

- I won't draw this in elaborate detail, or include some of your pet's head accessories.

- This is done in an anthro-style, meaning that I'll give them a neck and shoulders. :P

- You don't have to link back to my Neo lookup, as long as you don't claim the image as your own.

- Once I get maybe five requests, I'll put them through a randomiser and then draw them in order the randomiser gives me. (That means that the order of the drawings may not appear in the same order as the comments.)

How-to:

- Comment/post below with: your pet's name/nickname, a link to their pet lookup, and a reference image

-- If you want me to draw your pet as your dream colour (e.g. Royal), that's fine. Maybe use DTI to show me what you want your pet's drawing to look like. (Thanks to Angelo for this idea!)

Drawings done/to be drawn:

Done:

1. Sandrea (image)

2. Maingo (image)

3. Mermutt (image)

4. DarkPhilosophy (image)

5. Bisbee (image)

6. MagickalHorn (image)

To be drawn (not in order):

???

(19 slots remaining)

Fingers crossed! <3

I love what you did with my techo. I love how you notched his eyes into the hat. Great job!!!

Rainbow_Dipped ("Rainbow", Christmas Kougra)

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Rainbow_Dipped

Your art is very nice! If you are kind enough to draw her, the color she is is perfectly fine. Thanks in advance.

what a nice idea for a calendar, i was thinking when i opened this topic it was the gift giving thread that someone has yet to start, but a very nice thread nonetheless, smiles a lot.

Thank you very much! :)

I love what you did with my techo. I love how you notched his eyes into the hat. Great job!!!

Thank you! :D It was actually a lot of fun to draw your Techo. I've only drawn one Techo before that (the Make Some Noise Techo), and Magickalhorn's eyes were fun to work with. :)

Awww, what a sweet idea! Since my artistic abilities are nonexistent and my pets will not be drawn any other way...

Name: Lil_Sweetie_2000

Species: Faerie Kacheek

Lookup: http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Lil_Sweetie_2000

Reference: http://pets.neopets.com/cp/8xj2kr87/1/4.png

Thank you!

Thank you very much! :)

Thank you! :D It was actually a lot of fun to draw your Techo. I've only drawn one Techo before that (the Make Some Noise Techo), and Magickalhorn's eyes were fun to work with. :)

Thanks. I am not a fan of techos really. But magickalhorn has been electric blue which I liked, Tyrannian, which I loved, but I still couldn't stop zapping, yellow a few times, which is what he was yesterday before being zapped Gold. When he turned gold I thought, those advent calendar lava contact lens will be PERFECT!! I sooooooo wanted that stocking stufftacular background from today but I didn't understand how to hang the stocking so i missed it. I think Magickalhorn would have looked fabulous in front of that christmas background.

You are very talented!! Of course Magickalhorn has a very distinct look, but I could tell it was MY techo and not someone else's instantly. I could never draw like that.

COOL idea! If you've still got slots open, I'd be interested in seeing your vision of my Kaibajouryuuki! :D

Here's the link to his lookup

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Kaibajouryuuki

I'm Considering repainting him as Christmas again, but I haven't decided for sure yet. So if you want to draw him either as he is or as a Christmas Peophin that's fine. I don't have any drawings of him in his current color, I did a couple pics based on the old style of Christmas peophin, but I'm out of town without access to them. Mom had a very minor OP today and I came in in case she needed anything. So far she's doing great and I'm only needed for reaching stuff in cupboards or picking stuff off the floor if needed. lol

Thanks in advance! :D

Ahw great idea. Even if I don't get on the calendar, I'd be very appreciative if you would draw Emeline for me.

I have her customization finished on DTI but, trying to get the items are annoying. >.<

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/807846

This is so cool! Will you do my Quiggle, Quagrennea? She will eventually be Quiguki. You can either do a UC look like my avatar, or use this outfit I made up as reference:

medium_preview.png

Here's her look-up: http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Quagrennea

Can't wait to see what you do! And thanks :D

It's officially December 9 in Neopia, and the randomiser threw out the following three names: Kaibajouryuuki, Rainbow, and Sweetie! Updating with three new images tonight so I can have the calendar catch up to the Neopets date. Anyway, here are the individual pets:

Kaibajouryuuki:

07-Kaibajouryuuki_zps5023420f.jpg

I drew his Eventide colours because I loooooove the Eventide pets! I've always wanted to try out colouring them, with their gradients and all that. But I also wanted to include something that was distinctly Kaibajouryuuki, so I threw in the red bow.

Rainbow:

08-Rainbow_zps623cdd31.jpg

I love Christmas Kougras because my first painted pet was a Christmas Kougra. :) I think Rainbow's hair bow works particularly well with her lovely fur, don't you?

Lil_Sweetie_200:

09-Sweetie_zpse702f880.jpg

I think faerie pets are some of the nicest-looking ones, and the Kacheek is such a sweet pet that I'm surprised this is the first Kacheek I've ever drawn.

See you all tomorrow for the next update to the calendar!

Could you please draw my darling? His name is JohnIsRealHot and here is his look up http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=JohnIsRealHotim not really sure about a referece image but one day soon hes going to be faerie and i would love if you could draw him that way

Updated the list with all these new entries. I love seeing all the different customisations! :)

Reference Image: Not working. Some help please?

If you're okay with me drawing your pet as it looks in its current customisation, don't worry about a reference image. :) A ref image is needed if you have like a dream pet or dream custom that you would want instead of your pet's current image.

It's officially December 9 in Neopia, and the randomiser threw out the following three names: Kaibajouryuuki, Rainbow, and Sweetie! Updating with three new images tonight so I can have the calendar catch up to the Neopets date. Anyway, here are the individual pets:

Kaibajouryuuki:

07-Kaibajouryuuki_zps5023420f.jpg

I drew his Eventide colours because I loooooove the Eventide pets! I've always wanted to try out colouring them, with their gradients and all that. But I also wanted to include something that was distinctly Kaibajouryuuki, so I threw in the red bow.

Rainbow:

08-Rainbow_zps623cdd31.jpg

I love Christmas Kougras because my first painted pet was a Christmas Kougra. :) I think Rainbow's hair bow works particularly well with her lovely fur, don't you?

Lil_Sweetie_200:

09-Sweetie_zpse702f880.jpg

I think faerie pets are some of the nicest-looking ones, and the Kacheek is such a sweet pet that I'm surprised this is the first Kacheek I've ever drawn.

See you all tomorrow for the next update to the calendar!

Such fun drawings! Thanks for drawing Kaibajouryuuki! :D

Lia, thank you so much! Your new drawings are great.

I love Love LOVE the drawing of Rainbow, you got it absolutely perfect with the color palette you used, and her little bow!

I hope this project helps you practice and hone your craft even more!

Such fun drawings! Thanks for drawing Kaibajouryuuki! :D

You're welcome! :D His Eventide colouring was a TON of fun to work with!

Love the eventide! Thank you ever so much for drawing my pet! She's very cute. :D

You're welcome! :D Kacheeks are just the cutest things. I especially love Sweetie's Noil pajamas that you put on her.

Lia, thank you so much! Your new drawings are great.

I love Love LOVE the drawing of Rainbow, you got it absolutely perfect with the color palette you used, and her little bow!

I hope this project helps you practice and hone your craft even more!

You're welcome! :) So far, it's been really nice to draw different Neopets with their different customisations. :)

Lia,

YOU ARE AWESOME! Bisbee, my Poogle looks GREAT!

Bisbee_zps13784834.jpg

I want to thank you for this! ♥ You are too sweet! You are so talented, I'm jealous! :)

Lia,

YOU ARE AWESOME! Bisbee, my Poogle looks GREAT!

I want to thank you for this! ♥ You are too sweet! You are so talented, I'm jealous! :)

Aw, thank you, Beth! :D It was a pleasure drawing Bisbee, especially that hairstyle.

On the 10th day of December, my randomiser threw out... Tek!

10-Tek_zps148afc28.jpg

I think getting the face shape and mouth was the most fun part of this. :D

Aw, thank you, Beth! :D It was a pleasure drawing Bisbee, especially that hairstyle.

On the 10th day of December, my randomiser threw out... Tek!

10-Tek_zps148afc28.jpg

I think getting the face shape and mouth was the most fun part of this. :D

Ah, he looks great! Thanks so much for drawing my snake!

Ah, he looks great! Thanks so much for drawing my snake!

You're welcome! :D

Tonight's random Neopet is... FlopsyWopsy!

11-FlopsyWopsy_zps7e90d6e0.jpg

This darling Snow Poogle is on the 11th slot of the calendar, and was fun to draw because I love Poogles. :)

If you're okay with me drawing your pet as it looks in its current customisation, don't worry about a reference image. :) A ref image is needed if you have like a dream pet or dream custom that you would want instead of your pet's current image.

Sure Lia that is fine. I figured it is because of the animated background. Thank You.