Language Issues in Neopets: won't stay on language I select

siniri

My reading pet wouldn't read a book, so I switched my language to French. My inventory did switch to French, but when I clicked on the book, that page appeared completely in English. When I clicked on another page, it went to English as well. I tried clearing my cache, but that didn't help the French "stick."

There's no language selection on the read-a-book pop-up, so I can't figure out a work-around. This might also be an issue for people submitting to a different language's caption contest (which I sometimes do for the 50th in French).

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know a work-around?

(The other topic on language issues was already locked; I got the idea to clear my cache from it.)

That worked! It stayed in French until I went back to the mall to change it back to English. A weird and moderately annoying glitch (worse for multilingual who regularly switch languages on the site), but I'm glad there's a work-around (at least for now...). Thanks for the advice!