Loving That Lag!

pokeneodragon

For real, I'm actually enjoying those occasional lag spikes. It has made restocking so much easier (and a little bit more stressful since it makes pages take forever to load). In fact I just found something really nice in Pizzaroo... a "PIZZA OF DEATH"! now the question is to sell or feed it to my gourmet pet. I wish I could get this lucky in the Chocolate Factory for the avatar. I know it doesn't make sense how lag could be helpful but... it is.

So has anyone else had any good luck from the lag spikes despite how annoying they can be?

I've noticed since I've started restocking again, it does seem easier. I guess that's because you're not lagging at the same time as everyone else. So while other people are lagging, you're not so there's less traffic

Just a few nights ago I managed to snag Grape Jelly Brucicle which is on TP at lowest 215k, and a Snowberry Ice Lolly (around 80-85k) in one go.

I spent like 6k to get both items, and because I was lagging, it look me like 45 seconds to get the Ice Lolly. But I still managed to snag it.

So yes sometimes I like the lag, but other times you'll get a perfect refresh-- see something stock, and miss it because you started to lag. So it's a love it or hate it situation for me.

Wow, you are a super optimist! I haven't found it to help restocking much, but the main thing is that I have restocked with far less frequency after becoming so frustrated with the lag. Probably why it's a nice op to get awesome items, as lots of people probably have the same opinion as me!

The lag is super annoying when trying to gift items! I've been sending items for the 2014 Wishlist Gifting Posting and it makes it such a slow process! I didn't start my dailies and get my advent calendar until around 9p yesterday because I was taking up so much time doing the gifting with the lag going on! I'm glad the lag isn't only me though! :D

I am still horrid at restocking cause i'm never able to get there. I get so frustrated cause I get flashbacks to the early days on neopets when basically everyone in the world lagged (it was the time of dial up or all and for all dialup)

On the positive side, Neopets is finally talking about it.

Hello Neopets Team, and seasons greetings to you all! *offers a platter of cookies* I was wondering: could we possibly get a status update on the lag problem? Sometimes pages are loading somewhat fast (two to three seconds), and then there are other times when pages are loading incredibly slow or not at all. Is this something you're aware of and working on fixing? ^^ Thanks so much! (: ~mobiusaur

We are definitely aware of the problem and are working to fix it! We hope to have it under control soon.

Hmm, interesting advantage. I bet part of it is that (as wifi said) many have simply given up restocking for now out of frustration. Now that you've let on the secret, maybe more will be trying, but I might try for the chocolate avatar. Or Kad-feeding. If I can find time between getting in my skirmish battles, catching up on giving items in the TDN holiday giveaway, dailies, and real-life stuff.

I've managed to snag two plushies worth more than 200k each, so that was nice. I haven't tried restocking all that often, but that's mostly because I keep going for things for my gallery instead of items for sale, which I would like to work on learning how to do. Mostly I just sell red codestones and other goodies I get from BD.