New Charity Corner Is Here!

hrtbrk

I was excited the first 2 days because I had the items, (even the toffee, though there was only one in my SDB). Today though, without the pencil case, I cannot complete it. It is not found in shops, the trading post has them vastly inflated, and I could not find any for auction. :(

Wow, I checked the trading post and over 500k for the pencil case? thats so ridiculous. I really hope TNT acknowledges the crazy inflation in todays news(but knowing them prob not :|). Didn't they said after the coincidence that they were gonna have a system in place if something like this happened again? I can't remember.

I really want the avatar too, but I don't wanna drop 500k and support the inflation like this. I couldn't even get on the first day because the page would't load for me. I'm also pretty sure for every event we get an extra day for the first because of people overseas in different time zones.

TNT planed a new ad to be added next year on Neopets:

Hey little kid, want to join an amazing site where you can create, feed, train, play, heal... your virtual pet?

If you sign in, you'll get 2,500 Neopoints free - you cannot buy much with this amount, but nevertheless, it's a great start!

If you sign in, you'll learn more than studying in any school in the world, it's true! - don't you want to skip school and keep on connected on Neopets, even when the site is down?...

If you sign in, you can chat with lots of people around the world - you can't? Blame yourself for being too young.... oops are we doing something wrong???

If you sign in, you can earn a lot of Neopoints by playing games - you can't? Blame your parents for not letting you play all day...

If you sign in, you can play the fabulous Altador Cup each year - you won't understand how the bracket system works, but nevertheless, it's great to score gazillion goals...

If you sign in, you can win great prizes from great plots - you can't? Blame yourself for not repeating a plot step a gazillion times a day...

If you sign in, you can get exclusive avatars from great events - you can't? Blame yourself for not hoarding junk items and waiting for them to skyrocket...

If you sign in, you can become a Premium Member - you can't? Blame yourself for being too young to handle a credit card... oops are we doing something wrong???

Wow, I checked the trading post and over 500k for the pencil case? thats so ridiculous. I really hope TNT acknowledges the crazy inflation in todays news(but knowing them prob not :|). Didn't they said after the coincidence that they were gonna have a system in place if something like this happened again? I can't remember.

I really want the avatar too, but I don't wanna drop 500k and support the inflation like this. I couldn't even get on the first day because the page would't load for me. I'm also pretty sure for every event we get an extra day for the first because of people overseas in different time zones.

Basically this. At first, I was angry because I missed the first day, but now it's to the point where if this trend continues, it'll be say 500k * 15 more days=7.5mil for the "special prize." This is of course assuming that it's only one unbuyable that is inflated out of the five that we need. Still hoping that the special prize is something arbitrary and that the avatar is awarded to those who've donated x amount of times.

It appears that every single toy item is inflated right now. Actually, I don't think people are marking them up; I think all the cheaper ones have been bought up to donate. So the only toy pirate swords left are about 700 np. All the 90+ rarity toys are going for about $30K.

If someone is donating 1000 times, that's 5000 low priced items that are gone. I think these high prices have always been there but no one noticed them at the bottom of the shopwiz.

Suzan I agree to an extent... some of those prices have always been there, but a huge portion are folks clearing out their SDBs and listing items for the current going rates. I'll admit to a certain level of this, though I draw the line at making an item a UB when 2 days ago it was 1 np. Seems borderline outrageous.

I just took some cheap stuff from my SDB that I paid just a few NP for....mallard balloons, stuff like that. I priced them at 27K and they were gone in SECONDS! There was 200K in my shop til and I hadn't even finished adding them yet.

If people are desperate enough to pay these prices, then we might as well just take their NP. If you donate 5 items at 27K each, it comes to 135K. Unless you're going for the avatar, you're unlikely to get an item that is worth that much.

I read somewhere they do this events to get rid of junk that stays in SDB and also in th database causing server lag. Well, I don't see how this helps when from now on I'm not discarding any single thing, ever. In case something else of this sort happens again...

Same here... I always felt good about discarding items, I felt like I was helping out... These events only make me want to start hoarding. I hope someone mentions this in the editorial (or maybe I will), I want to know what TNT feels about this counter-productive impact the event causes (making people want to hoard instead of discard). Someone suggested on the boards (or here on TDN, I'm not sure) that TNT should come up with a different incentive for discarding. Like, if you discard a certain amount of items, there's a chance you'll win X neopoints, or something along those lines. Maybe put up a permanent score board, and award trophies, even. I don't know.

On a more positive note, I really like the NC portion of the event. I'm so glad to get rid of my NC junk and exchange them for much prettier items!

I would say that this is going to run until the end of the month.

There are 17 times you can adopt a neopian, and 3 have passed.

Which means hopefully the avatar isn't for every day, it's probably the 8 times you need to get the special prize. But will be awarded at the end of the whole thing.

After all, it would be horrendously unfair to offer it for every day when you've got today's where the item is premium only and going for a horrendously high price on the TP.

Got my first book from donating my toys. Everything else has been food. "Tablet of Horrific Curses" oh my it's a Qasalan book. Nice.

And now I got a petpet! Sweetness. My luck's finally turning around after donating like 19 times.

Holy smokes. I went to look at the prices for the pencil case and it's crazy expensive!

GRRRRRRR. And I'm dragging my computer to the library since my wifi at home is acting up. =(

Would anyone who have any extra lying around want to trade it for an Amber Sword? I know the prices are super disparate.... but take pity on me please?

Or maybe send me a link to SSW b/c I'm not on premium? Pretty please with a UB cherry on top?

Pencil cases are going back to buyable again with the latest news. My friend who has SSW snagged one for me at 98k (she got one for herself at 25k!). Keep trying if you really want to complete today.

That makes sense. After today, there isn't any need for space faerie pencil cases, since there will be a new needy Neopian tomorrow, with different requests. Those who didn't get what they seek in the trading post will need to dump them, or they'll miss their opportunity to profit. I imagine more pencil cases will appear as buyables as the evening gets later.

That makes sense. After today, there isn't any need for space faerie pencil cases, since there will be a new needy Neopian tomorrow, with different requests. Those who didn't get what they seek in the trading post will need to dump them, or they'll miss their opportunity to profit. I imagine more pencil cases will appear as buyables as the evening gets later.

The problem is that people are still buying and selling them like hotcakes. I went to look at one off SSW and it was already gone the moment the link loaded. I've been refreshing the page for maybe an hour and they're going so fast it makes my head spin.

It just really sucks.... :sad02: I actually have 4/5 things needed for today.

EDIT

Never mind. Found a SFPB for 99999. My poor bank acct feels really depressed now.

EDIT 2:

Just got a Dark Ilere Stamp worth 3mil according to JN. Suddenly I don't feel as bad anymore...

My friend who snagged the pencil case for me has been buying others as she sees them on the SSW, then putting them on the TP for 105k. A few others have been doing the same, and it's driving TP prices down. They're still being snatched up right away on the SSW. Somebody's going to get caught holding the old maid when the pencil case turns into a pumpkin at midnight! (Someone greedy, I'd imagine...)

I got Halloween cookies for this event...

I'm amused.

And I hope to do the next few adopt a neopian. the pencil cases are still like 250k on the trading post. I'm not willing to pay that much for one item.

Just got a stamp worth at least 2mil!!!!

Holy poop. Since I don't collect stamps I'll probably put it up on the TP. If anyone wants the Forgotten Shore Stamp, let me know before I put it on the TP.