New Charity Corner Is Here!

hrtbrk

Alright I only need the Music Box, if anyone has a spare let me know.

Don't despair about the kabobs or the Launcher as they are both able to be found in the SSW if you're quick. It's just the music box that is considered UB for me. :(

Alright I only need the Music Box, if anyone has a spare let me know.

Don't despair about the kabobs or the Launcher as they are both able to be found in the SSW if you're quick. It's just the music box that is considered UB for me. :(

Oh, how I wish I had access to the SSW. :sad01_anim:

Darn it, I couldn't wake up early today as I was at a celebration last night till late.....now I'm cursing my fate. I have never seen the Music Box or the Arrow Launcher before...Oh dear, it's gonna get harder and harder as we get closer to the completion, I'm sure.

The only thing that's a consolation is that if you're lucky and fast enough you can actually make some profit out of all this insanity, provided that you buy the item for less and sell it for more. This does not seem that bad compared to some nasty random avvies (Kelp and Extravagance I'm looking at you!) for which you can lose millions and never earn them back.

Oh, how I wish I had access to the SSW. :sad01_anim:

I bought premium just for the SSW cause I plan to do a BUNCH of selling in January to clear out my SDB (I STILL HAVE 2000+ ITEMS IN THERE).

If possible, you can always ask a friend or someone you can communicate with on a near-instant basis who has premium. I would say I would but... I'm only on in spurts.

Desert Poogle Music Box is half a million at TP :whaa: . Are there actually people who buy it at this price???!!!!! I just can't believe it.... If only people wouldn't buy it, then the price would drop a little.

EDIT: Finally, just snatched one from the SSW.

I'm so glad I have that one stamp in my SDB that can recoup my losses but I'm not willing to pay the outrageous prices on the TP right now.

If anyone can manage to snatch a spare for a reasonable price I will pay you back in full pure NP. I'm going to be diving into my SDB in the mean time and making a list of everything I have in there (2000 items i'm gonna be 84 by the time I finish).

FYI, in case you didn't stay up, the t-shirt stayed pretty much UB until midnight. A few started popping up on the SSW for 99,999 but you had to be super fast to snag one.

Thanks for letting me know. That's incredibly disappointing.

I think I'm sitting out today, too. I don't have any of the 5 items in my SDB. I'd be willing to buy any of the buyable ones, but I just don't feel good about spending NP on UBs for a site event!

Desert Arrow Launcher

and

Desert Poogle Music Box

I have extras of the books that are needed. I am willing to trade.

Please let me know if there is anything else that you might need/want and I will see what I can do.

I really would like to get the avatar for this Charity Corner :)

I cannot believe that I completed today's Charity Corner, LOL. I've missed the last 2 days, because I was missing one item, and it wasn't found by the SSW.

I bought a kabob a few minutes ago for 25,000! WooHoo! Not too bad!

Shout out to my friend *you know who you are* for gifting me the Poogle Box a few weeks ago! That really helped me!

Hmmm, I'm missing 3 out of the 5 items (I only have the books :() I've completed 5, might have to sit this one out. I, too, am surprised that they'll aiming for items that weren't commonly given out. I kind of thought that was the point??

Exactly!!!! I was thinking the same!!!!! This doesn't look like a (junk) item sink event (how are we cleaning our SDBs if we have to buy almost everything?)! Basically, if you're not a restocker (since those UB items seem to be only available from restocking?), a hoarder or haven't been playing Neopets for ever, you're doomed! These aren't all items from dailies...It really is weird.... :eh:

Yes! Super weird. I figured they had a list of "most commonly hoarded items" that they were working from, but from the 3 (!!!!!) unbuyables today, that is clearly not the case. Also... is anyone else SUPER scared to sell ANYthing at this point? I keep being afraid that I'll accidentally sell the item that goes unbuyable, and I won't be able to complete the tag yet again tomorrow :-/

Sara, I totally feel the same!

blueberrykiwi, Sell the extras and forget about today's quest (unless you find a kind Neopian who can provide the items at a decent price and unfortunately, that isn't me :( ). Wake up at 12am NST tomorrow and buy everything as quickly as possible. I don't see prices deflating for the UB items in the future, so we will have to deal with the lag during the first 10 minutes while everyone tries to grab the items. Horrifying, I know...

EDIT: I just found one for 75500 with the SSW after maaaaany hours of nothingness. Of course the lag was massive and they were gone in seconds, but there were a total of 5 (2 at 75k, 3 at 99k). If anyone has access to a SSW, just keep trying something might pop up. Also, if I manage to find some more I'll post here for those who might be missing one. Oh Bless those Neopians who sell the UBs at the shops, such kind people!!!!

Also, who else thinks that Christmas Taweret looks like Baby Groot with christmas decorations?! :P :D

Edited by Guest

Desert Kabob, lowest price 14,999 and dropping. It's quite affordable. I'll be on the lookout for the two UBs (Desert Arrow Launcher and Desert Poogle Music Box) for sure! ;)