New Charity Corner Is Here!

hrtbrk

donating rarity 90+ items gives you rarity 90+ rewards.

i'm selling my 90+ items .. same thing .. 5 of those would get me close to 100k at the current prices (20-25k pr item) altho im sad to see some of pretty plushies go lol

I'm an avid item-discarder, but when TNT does these item-sink events, I always wish I were a hoarder... After the Coincidence, I tried to start hoarding, but then I thought: "I doubt they will ever do something like this again", so I went back to discarding. I think I learned my lesson now. Now I'm definitely gonna turn into a hoarder.

I only did 3 toy donation thingies... I can't do the other one, because I don't have one of the items, and it costs over 90k now. Bleh.

i'm selling my 90+ items .. same thing .. 5 of those would get me close to 100k at the current prices (20-25k pr item) altho im sad to see some of pretty plushies go lol

:rock: Lol me too, but who cares, we're getting richer! We'll be able to get those pretty plushies back in no time!

You mean each day? I looked for the answers here but didn't see it.

And I just figured it out after I posted LOL but thank you!

AUGH. WENT TO GO BUY THE ITEM AND IT KEPT TELLING ME IT WASN'T FOUND. Yet I flipping bought it and didn't check my inventory so I bought too many pirate lip balms. If anyone wants one, I have two extra then.

And I finally completed it. Got a book from it. :D

Yeah, a bit like how the hidden candy cane from the advent calendar is in the same place for everyone (but different places each different day, of course).

Ouch, sorry to hear you accidentally bought more of one item than you intended.

I've gotten 3 books and 2 food items so far...

Feeling a little let down/put out considering what everyone else seems to be getting. :(

Don't be. A lot of what is granted is food and books. If you keep the costs per set-of-five/prize limited, you can still make profit on those well enough. Once in a while, a slightly more expensive book/food item or cheaper wearable shows up (5-15k range). The items worth a fair bit are somewhat rare, but still occur with some frequency (15-99k). Unbuyables are really rare. In 125, I haven't had one yet (though with a 89k stamp, I've come close once). Every now and then, you get an absolute worthless item (100NP or less), but that's not too common.

Still, even though I am buying most toys, I am making profit. The few more expensive items do go a long way in that, sure, but scores of items that bring 500np to 4.5k each profit build up pretty fast as well. I estimate I currently have about 25-40k pumped into things in pure. Despite the majority of items not having sold yet, I already am up at least 100-120k in profit, and that's with several 35-55k items still waiting to sell.

But it really is a lot of luck. I've had strings of unprofitable and barely profitable items, but I've also had a string where I got two stamps and two 35k+ books in the span of eight donations. Easy to start giving up during a bad string, but if you keep going, it tends to turn around again.

Shane, I do believe the prizes must be (random BUT) rarity related, at least that's what I heard. Why do you think otherwise?

I'd say try to donate items in the 80-89 range or 90-99 together respectively. I read somewhere on the Help Board that donating rarity 90+ items gives you rarity 90+ rewards.

Because I was seeing people getting stamps and map pieces and other unbuyables.

Plus as can be seen in the spoiler, my items left over are almost exclusively in the middle ranges.

Also, as I said before I'm not buying anymore items to donate. I refuse to if it's just down to luck over what I'll get in return. Food and books are easy to sell, aye, but I'd end up having to wait for the value to stop depreciating.

I'm also keeping a fair number of items that I could sell for higher than I'm sure I'd be able to sell the item I traded in for. I see no point in giving away almost entirely guaranteed profit in the hopes of dodging the crap shoot that is the prizes for the whole thing.

It helped me get rid of a number of plushies I don't find a need or want for, so I suppose that's a positive.

For me, a small profit of a couple k isn't worth going and buying items that people are going to gouge you for to begin with. Even now the plushies I gave away that used to be only 1-10np or so have jumped in price because when you're trading in the items you're making them disappear from the 'world' altogether. There's no getting it back. So I'd be wary about giving them away in this item sink scheme as you're removing a number of them from the game thus making it to where when the dust settles you might as well consider having broken even instead of a profit.

I actually ended up selling a lot of my SDB items, since they were suddenly work 3-10k (from 1 np!) I got a couple decent items out of the donations and one big one that I'm trying to sell before it massively deflates. I think this is a fairly clever way to remove excess items from the server while making some attempt at compensation (especially since the Coincidence always gives me a big ol' nada!)

@Shane

Oh, yes of course! I actually do the same thing, evaluate the profit and act accordingly. And surely going on a toy-haul is a waste! I'm just saying that IF you're still willing to donate some of the toys you already have (maybe you have duplicates for example), just try to group r80-89 items together, don't mix r70 with r80 and cross your fingers!

@Songbirdsara

I second that.

You can't combine r70 and r80 items. The ranges are r35-r69, r70-r79, r80-r89, and r90-r99. When you choose your first item to donate it automatically sorts out your eligible items of the same rarity range for the other 4 slot's lists.

Guys, I need an opinion. I'm not sure what to do with this event. I'm an avid toy, and especially plushie collector. I have a TON in my SDB. I want to keep collecting, but at the same time I want to either sell, or try trading in to see what I can get.

If you were in my position, what would you do?

Guys, I need an opinion. I'm not sure what to do with this event. I'm an avid toy, and especially plushie collector. I have a TON in my SDB. I want to keep collecting, but at the same time I want to either sell, or try trading in to see what I can get.

If you were in my position, what would you do?

sell while the prices are high , then re-buy what you like most after the event.

Thanks, Angelo.... I just can't decide if the prizes you could possibly get are worth it or not. I do think I'm just going to stick with selling for now. Make a list so I can get everything back cheaper then :)

This is breaking my heart. I don't want to participate but I suspect that means I will miss out on an avatar.

Even when I wanted to participate, I couldn't get the site to load and the prices for the tags are ridiculous.

I had one of everything from the Pirate riddle (I hoard in 1s.. how unfortunate) but I think I would rather just sell the toffee things now and make some $$$

Ugh...

I really don't want to miss out on an avatar but.. this is a joke.

Well, I did it once and I guess I'm done with the "Adopt a Neopian" thing. The riddle asks for hat-shaped toffees--the only thing I can find is Pirate Hat Toffees, which cost 85,000 NP. No way I'm dishing that out for any event.

Plus they keep doing these junk events after I've cleared out my SDB. I have pretty much nothing to give anyway.

this is enough to make me want to scream! >< I cant buy ANYTHING from user shops, and i dont have the items needed to get the stupid book today : ((((

Could someone set me up with an auction for the items, see if I can get them that way? just let me know what you want me to pay

at this rate i will never be on the top list for books

I really wanted to do the adopt a Neopian thing, but I cannot justify spending 85k on it when I don't really know what's going to come out of it! I was expecting it to be A LOT cheaper than that. Maybe the ones on other days will be lower. I tried giving another toffee to him and it wasn't accepted... :/ Is anyone actually doing this? I donated up to 11 times so far, but I don't see myself getting into the Most Generous Neopian spots at all as they're already almost at a 1000! Anyone else have a goal for donating items?

The prize I got for doing the tag was pretty mediocre in exchange for having spent 99k for the toffee thingies.

I suspect it'll only get worse from there. lol

I donated all the items I could, which were not that many and sold those that were going for ~20k. I made good profit.

However, I doubt I'll participate in the "Adopt-A-Neopian" since the cost is crazy. Heck, I know I might even be missing on an avatar, but there's always next year, right? *sigh*

Wishing luck to everyone else!

When does the event ends?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please have at least seven words in your post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.