New Charity Corner Is Here!

hrtbrk

Wow I definitely feel like I have no chance of making it onto the Most Generous list. I am donating some things, though. It's as good an excuse as any to empty out my sdb some. I just hope I get some pretty decent rewards to make up the cost of the items donated. I don't really know how I feel about the whole thing to be honest.

This is kinda fun!

I'm not going bananas donating toys or anything as I usually discard by default, so I figure I've made up for it there. Don't really have any interest in getting R80 items (because lbr, the R90s are too inflated) so I'll just participate in the fun riddles.

It's a cute way to clear up the servers of these dumb junk items.

And TBH, I don't think you WANT to be on the top list because TNT wants hoarders to trash their stuff or Richie Riches to spend their moolah.

This is kinda fun!

I'm not going bananas donating toys or anything as I usually discard by default, so I figure I've made up for it there. Don't really have any interest in getting R80 items (because lbr, the R90s are too inflated) so I'll just participate in the fun riddles.

It's a cute way to clear up the servers of these dumb junk items.

And TBH, I don't think you WANT to be on the top list because TNT wants hoarders to trash their stuff or Richie Riches to spend their moolah.

Not that I'm quite on the top list (though if nr. 10 keeps hanging at 310 for a while, I might be there in a few hours), but so far I'm standing at about 90k profit while having sold only two of the items I have gotten so far. NP-only and having only done maybe four donations with items from my SDB, so if things keep going this way for me... XD

(If I add the net worth of items I have yet to sell, and the cost of books I could now give my pet for free but normally would have had to pay for, I'm probably standing at around 250-300k profit)

It looks really suspicious for the number one donor to have given over 700 items already and the second most is in the 400s...

I'm going to do a few donations I think but I doubt I'll go crazy over buying and giving to the event thing.

Here's my tag:

Seasons greetin's! I reckon 'tis time to come clean about our governor. I be a resident of Krawk Island, or I was until the island was destroyed 'n put back together all wrong. Some wee islands still be floating alone on the drink, my friend. My home be on one of 'em. The good governor missed it, so as king of my own tiny island, I need a few things to run me kingdom, namely some toffees. I like the hat-shaped ones. Also lip balm, but nothing pink, mind you. A new flag for my yard would be shiny. I've got a hankering for some crisps: the black ones, if you please. And last, a Flotsam plushie, nice and piratey, to remind me of me ol' captain.

I'm bad at riddles so any help would be nice. I got the flotsam plush and the pirate hat toffees so far figured out. The toffees are rather expensive...

It looks really suspicious for the number one donor to have given over 700 items already and the second most is in the 400s...

I'm going to do a few donations I think but I doubt I'll go crazy over buying and giving to the event thing.

Here's my tag:

I'm bad at riddles so any help would be nice.

Looks like everyone has the same riddle.

"toffees. I like the hat-shaped ones" -> "Pirate Hat Toffees"

"lip balm, but nothing pink, mind you" -> "Pirate Lip Balm"

"new flag for my yard" -> "Outdoor Pirate Flag"

"crisps: the black ones, if you please" -> "Pirate Potato Crisps"

"Flotsam plushie, nice and piratey" -> "Pirate Flotsam Plushie".

some previously 1np plushies are already inflated to 10k ! thanks a lot , TNT !!! & what did i get in return ? a Splime Chia Pop worth 200NP. Thx but no Thx i'm not taking part in this fiasco again. I donated cuz I thought there might be an avatar. Another event made for people with stuffed SDB's .. there's no way i can donate 300 times

I can totally feel your frustration. I'll try the daily, but I've only got items in the 70-89 rarity range. (Well, I do have 5 90+ rarity toys, but 3 of them are selling for ~20k each!!! I ain't willing to give those up for donation!)

Looks like everyone has the same riddle.

"toffees. I like the hat-shaped ones" -> "Pirate Hat Toffees"

"lip balm, but nothing pink, mind you" -> "Pirate Lip Balm"

"new flag for my yard" -> "Outdoor Pirate Flag"

"crisps: the black ones, if you please" -> "Pirate Potato Crisps"

"Flotsam plushie, nice and piratey" -> "Pirate Flotsam Plushie".

You mean each day? I looked for the answers here but didn't see it.

And I just figured it out after I posted LOL but thank you!

AUGH. WENT TO GO BUY THE ITEM AND IT KEPT TELLING ME IT WASN'T FOUND. Yet I flipping bought it and didn't check my inventory so I bought too many pirate lip balms. If anyone wants one, I have two extra then.

And I finally completed it. Got a book from it. :D

Okay, OMG OMG I was blown away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just donated five rarity 80-89 items (basically junk, 3 Pink Snorkle Usuki Sets and 2 Darigan Faellie Action Figures) and I got "Fancy Floral Zafara Bouquet" selling for ~ 15k!!!!

Is this for real???!!!

I have all the correct items selected for the adoption task, but the Donate button doesn't let me click it. I keep moving the items around, and putting them back in the order from the clue, etc. It just won't work. So frustrating. (Edit: The toy donation task is working fine for me, so I don't think it's just a browser issue.)

Pirate Hat Toffees are now at over 90000 nps so i think i will bow out of that one :(

Yeah it's kind of unfair but expected. I fully expect to see other things do similar.

I just finished my second donation. It's nice to get some of these items out of my SDB. Since I have no reason to keep a lot of these plushies ever since I hit my SDB goal. If I get less than 2500 unique in my SDB again it might be fun to work at the goal once more. :D

Okay, OMG OMG I was blown away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just donated five rarity 80-89 items (basically junk, 3 Pink Snorkle Usuki Sets and 2 Darigan Faellie Action Figures) and I got "Fancy Floral Zafara Bouquet" selling for ~ 15k!!!!

Is this for real???!!!

can't tell if good freak out or not, 15k isn't a lot to me so there's the uncertainty on my end. lol
Also I'm using jellyneo to reference what rarity my items are all in one session (by "writing" item and rarity down on notepad) then gathering and donating. It's not the cleanest system but it's a system.

delicious waffles - are you getting little ticks or crosses under the items that you're putting in? Sometimes i have to wait a min before a tick/cross comes up and then i fill out the other boxes (waiting after each) and then the donate button become clickable. Hope that helps?

I have all the correct items selected for the adoption task, but the Donate button doesn't let me click it. I keep moving the items around, and putting them back in the order from the clue, etc. It just won't work. So frustrating. (Edit: The toy donation task is working fine for me, so I don't think it's just a browser issue.)

Yes, this can happen. I've actually had this problem for days with the Coincidence. I think it's on TNT's end and it might have something to do with the laggy site. Just now when I tried to donate, I clicked once nothing, I clicked twice waiting for a second and then I got lucky! If this happens to you, try refreshing, clicking a few times and just waiting it out.

can't tell if good freak out or not, 15k isn't a lot to me so there's the uncertainty on my end. lol

I'm quite certain that for a respected Neopian like yourself, some measly 15k is like air :P

But for me, a profit of 15k without me having to waste more than a minute is like GOLD :laughingsmiley:

I don't know about respected... ( :P ) but yeah it is kinda small. Congratulations! I didn't mean to make it sound patronizing or anything. I know it took me ages to get to 9mil and hold onto it. I've held onto it for years, too scared to spend. XD

I have over 500 items in the toy category this is gonna take a while...

I don't know about respected... ( :P ) but yeah it is kinda small. Congratulations! I didn't mean to make it sound patronizing or anything. I know it took me ages to get to 9mil and hold onto it. I've held onto it for years, too scared to spend. XD

I have over 500 items in the toy category this is gonna take a while...

500 toys? Ooooohhhh maaaan, you're gonna get so rich! :P

P.S. I'm such a scrooge, closing in on 5mil, but still too afraid to spend it. Even 1000 free NP are quite a big thing to me! By the time I reach 10mil though, I'm going to spend them on customizing my pets and I'm so gonna enjoy it!

That entirely depends on what the toys are worth when it comes to this little event, tho. I get over 2k in interest a day, almost 3k. lol

As my siggy states I have more than 2,500 items in my SDB that are unique.

I just get scared when I have a lot of money, in real life or in a video game. Like if I spend it then oh no something will happen and I'll wish I hadn't spent the money. Or I get guilty for being able to buy a nice thing for myself when I have friends who can't (but they refuse to let me buy them anything which doesn't really ease my guilt so...)

I've been buying up <100 NP toys for a bit now and have gotten an assortment of rewards- a number of books and stamps of decent rarity, an Evening Draik Dress (was going for about 200k but I doubt that'll last...) and other species wearables...

It looks like, while there's obviously a fair number of random junky food items in the prize mix, there's also a lot of good items that are in desperate need of deflation. And the prize pool is so huge that it's not going to make everything in it inherently worthless- I've done 52 trade ins and I haven't gotten any duplicates so far as I remember, and I've seen things listed on SunnyNeo that I haven't gotten.

It IS unfortunate about the riddle items inflating so badly. They're all common enough that there should be plenty in existence, but unfortunately there seem to be a lot of.... less than kind people who prefer profit to people having fun.

Well, I just made 45k because of this inflation and frankly, I couldn't be more pleased!!! :) I'll be taking a looong break from Neo due to real life soon and this week is my last chance to reach my 5mil goal.

I'm aware of that. I'm also aware my luck has never been good at all. And I refuse to buy more items to donate, so I have a finite number of chances.

This is what I have left to donate (no way in altador am I removing all of the rarity numbers) :

green cybunny plushie- r62
blue kacheek plushie r46
yellow kacheek plushie r50
Usuki Summer Fun Set - r40
green kyrii plushie r60
pirate usuki play set r67
blue bruce plushie- r65
green bruce plushie r67
green uni plushie r65
blue korbat plushie r74
green korbat plushie r70
red koi plushie r68
blue lenny plushie r68
green lenny plushie r67
usuki barbeque set r89
pink snorkle usuki set r87
little witch usuki r80
green stocking r70
blue stocking r70
bouncy zafara toy r65
mutant aisha plushie r86
wind up blue draik toy r85
orange yoyo r80
red negg plushie r90
fungus ball yoyo r80
mallard balloon r92
bionic cybunny plushie r92
mutant lenny plushie r88
tyrannian acara plushie r93
Dr Sloth Bucket And Spade Set r89
Yellow Puppyblew Flying Disc r70
rainbow ixi plushie r91
pink ixi plushie r88
maths blocks r89
yellow goldy bath toy r70
goldy plushie r88
desert usul plushie r92
desert peophin plushie r94
Purple Zafara Gnome Plushie r92
Curious Blumaroo Gnome Plushie r88
plushie zafara plushie r91
plushie kougra plushie r92
red grarrl spinning top r83
green grarrl flying disc r85
squirty selket toy r76
battle faerie plushie r90
snow usul plushie r88
plushie usul plushie r90
pull along blue wocky r87
taelia doll r92
deluxe bori cracker r80
delue acara cracker r80
buzz in a box r80
snow bruce music box r82
red good luck packet r88
plushie blumaroo plushie r88
baby fireball puzzle r80
baby fireball skittles r81
garin plusie r89
wind up bouncing hasee r88
model hasee bounce see saw r85
leeble plushie r78
captain scarblade plushie r92
pirate scout plushie r87
striped koi plushie r90
Maraquan Shieldmaiden Plushie r93
cannonmaster plushie r93
niptor plushie r88
brown goatee r80
starry hissi plushie r88
wibreth balloon r89
robotic golf club r89
scorchio mummy monster plushie r90
wind up faellie r65
quiggle squeeze toy r62
droolik scooter r78
Greedy Kadoatie Piggy Bank r87
springy gelert toy r93
speckled pteri plushie r78
florg yoyo r76
florg plushie r77
blue chomby float ring r84
stone paddleball game r65
darigan playing cards r97
glowing top r81
blumaroo bowling set r86
elephante bouncing ball r79
kiko explorer plushie r83
broken mirror charm r68
yellow hissi plushie r48
jetsam fishing game r88
cloud jetsam keyring r65
mutant ona mask r85
whoopee cushion r87
white snowball plushie r83
large glyme plushie r87
Professor Hugo Fairweather Plushie r92
bucket of sand r85
shoot kreludor game r76
pandaphant puppet r79
Darigan Faellie Action Figure r87
hannah bobblehead r82
Reject Goparokko Plushie r75
Goparokko Staff Plushie r90
origami uniocto r86
origami rock r80
chia clown ball r63
cloud jubjub puzzle r73
Biscuit Brigade Tower Toy r85
jhudora potion kit r84
jhudora marbles r80
shenkuu firecrackers r60
Quiggle Quiguki Flag r88
asparagus string lights r81
purple wocky plushie r93
petpet dominoes r78
halloween cybunny plushie r85
pink bori plushie r81
krawk pirate ship r68
Courgette Building Logs r67
club and rock game r79
Symol-in-a-Box r73
tower-o-boxes r60
tombola guy charm r75
faerie elephante plusie r58
faerie kyrii kite r68
altador yoyo r65
altador paddleball r66
Faerie Poogle Plushie r59
spooky ghost usuki r79
halloween hissi plushie r87
blue negg goo r65
magic deck r66
scorchio sock puppet r68
draik squirt toy r65
poogle marbles r66
Blumaroo Gnome-in-the-box r66
pirate tonu plushie r84
skeith water balloons r68
grarrl frisbee r65
fire paper yo-yo r65
terror mountain slide r89
wooden pull along darigan lupe r81
broken heart tombstone r88
lord kass scooter r84
potion set r83
ownow bank r88

Hoping I get some good stuff since there's at least 10 donations (closer to 20 i think I haven't counted cause i go crosseyed when i try to count things in a list). I was hoping it might be dependent on average rarity or something but I guess not. It's just pure dumb luck.

delicious waffles - are you getting little ticks or crosses under the items that you're putting in? Sometimes i have to wait a min before a tick/cross comes up and then i fill out the other boxes (waiting after each) and then the donate button become clickable. Hope that helps?

It still isn't working (I'm not seeing any ticks), but thanks for the reply. At least now I know what to look for! Hopefully, I'm just having bad luck because of the lag.

Shane, I do believe the prizes must be (random BUT) rarity related, at least that's what I heard. Why do you think otherwise?

I'd say try to donate items in the 80-89 range or 90-99 together respectively. I read somewhere on the Help Board that donating rarity 90+ items gives you rarity 90+ rewards.