My Key Quest hasn't been working for a while...

stonecoldbeauty

So I have been trying to play key quest, and I thought it was the bad internet where I go to school (when I clicked play now, I would get the blue screen with the white circle, but that would just stay on the screen indefinitely..) but I just came back from school for the holidays and it is still not working...does anyone know how I can fix this?? I am using Google Chrome, but the same thing happens on Safari and Firefox.

As everyone else already stated Keyquest is down. Back in September I think is was, Neopets made the transition over to their new parenting company- Jumpstart.

By making this move; a lot of files had to be left behind, lost, or just put on delay due to not enough space.

If I remember correctly, about a month ago, Neopets released a message stating they haven't forgotten about Keyquest, but during the move they misplaced some essential files, which unless found again would have to be recreated.

Along with the move we also lost; Habiturarium, Access to the AAA is down, and KQ. Just to name a few.

There's also TONS of bugs, and glitches left to work out. Not to mention the Lag. So, for the most part-- I know they'll eventually get around to bringing KQ back, but I don't think it's on top of their priority list.

Really, the first thing to fix would be the lag, because in truth-- even on low res with the amount of brutal lag we as players face, everyday while roaming around the site, it's painful enough never mind adding KQ into the mix. That'd be instant disconnection.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello there, are any other players still experiencing an issue with KeyQuest not operating? Did Jumpstart add it yet? This is the latest topic I found on TDN forums regarding this specific situation.

Still down as far as I am aware. Trouble is it's been over 6 months now and we still haven't had an official update since October...

• 1 month later...

Hey is keyquest still down then? Noticed that Habitarium is gone now. Also where are you finding info from neopetsadmins about stuff being down and what is jumpstart?

Hey is keyquest still down then? Noticed that Habitarium is gone now. Also where are you finding info from neopetsadmins about stuff being down and what is jumpstart?

Yes Key Quest is still down. It was taken down when Neopets transitioned from Nickelodeon/Viacom to JumpStart. This is also why Habitarium is gone, and sadly it will not be returning. Key Quest however, is supposed to return at some point but the site is having other issues that are higher on the priorities list. Normally we find things out from Neopets New Features, their Facebook page or sometimes their Twitter page. All depends on where they post it first. JumpStart is the new company that recently bought Neopets from Nickelodeon/Viacom. I hope this answers your questions. :)

• 1 year later...

Oh flcoastallife, it is the sadness we have had to face since JumpStart took over...no more playing our Beloved Key Quest!  :sad02: JS taunts us with keeping Key Quest in the Games list (but it never loads! :sad01_anim: ) and still sells Key Quest game pieces in the NC Mall, giving us false hope!  :shiftyeyes_anim: We have been waiting for 2 years for Key Quest to be "running" again, but alas, we have given up all hope. :(  

Is Keyquest still down? I have been trying to play, but always get the big blue circle that never loads.

There's MANY people that are still waiting for it! I never got a chance to play it as I was on Hiatus during it's time on Neopets, well I may have played it once. There's a few other things that are down that we're waiting on, World Challenges and Neopian Heroes as well! I think we're all trying to be really patient, but it feels like there's been no recent progress as of late toward anything! Hoping Jumpstart has some plans for us in the upcoming New Year :)