Is it better to donate to Charity corner or sell 90+ toys?

suzanoberle

I found a bunch of 90+ toys (mallard balloons, Pygui Hand Puppets, etc.) in my SDB. It's all stuff I paid just a few NP for, and now they are all 32,000 NP or more on the shopwiz. I put a few in my shop and they were gone within minutes. I have at least a dozen left.

In general, is it better to donate to Granny and try to get something valuable, or should I just sell and get lots of NP? If I don't get something worth at least 150K, I'm better off selling. On the other hand, I read about people getting really rare items.

What has been your experience? Are the prizes from Granny worthwhile? How often did you get something valuable if you donated toys multiple times?

Thanks!

I donated just to clear out my SDB a bit. Didn't really think about selling them... *facedesk* Should have gone that route.

Well, donating may be nice, but it depends how many you have, because if you are not going to make it into the top, you won't get a good prize, though you do get prizes with donating....selling will also guarantee you money, versus the risk of donation.s

How good is your luck? I've donated about 30 Pygui Hand Puppets (lol I had a lot), and I received food items worth under 10k as well as a wearable worth about 300 NP. But my friend donated 5 r90 items and got a Starry Scorchipepper worth 200k. If you don't trust RNG to get you an item worth at least 150k, selling is probably your best bet.

I have made approx 8000,000 selling plushies. BUT I have been donating at the Toy Drive as well.

Tried my luck with over 200+ R90+s in my SDB and only got one stamp worth about 2mil.

Lesson: Never gamble

Same on this end. Will probably sell my remaining plushies if nobody here wants them (as I said willing to give for free to TDN members. Must be members not lurkers)

The r90+ is now 60k. So scary. Too bad I sold most of mine at 35k week ago or I could get millions more to buy stamps. TT

WHAAAAT? But the event is long gone and over right?! We could donate until December 31st, right?! How come they are now worth even MORE. :-O

Same on this end. Will probably sell my remaining plushies if nobody here wants them (as I said willing to give for free to TDN members. Must be members not lurkers)

If you still have plushies and they are worth 60k I'd love to sell them - no disrespect, haha. I'm getting NP signs in my eyes from this event. I've never really sold expensive things in my shop (mostly just ~1-10NP junk, haha), but these plushies have changed my Neo world.

LOL I'm not going to give them to people so they can sell the plushies, I'm going to give them to donate them to Charity Corner to try their luck. Otherwise I am going to sell them to recoup my losses from this whole Adopt-A-Neopian scheme. Thank you for being honest about your intentions though. :P

They aren't worth a lot anyways, all of them are less than 500np as well as the other toys that aren't plushies.

LOL I'm not going to give them to people so they can sell the plushies, I'm going to give them to donate them to Charity Corner to try their luck. Otherwise I am going to sell them to recoup my losses from this whole Adopt-A-Neopian scheme. Thank you for being honest about your intentions though. :P

They aren't worth a lot anyways, all of them are less than 500np as well as the other toys that aren't plushies.

HAHA yeah I thought so ;o I mean, why not sell them yourself? It's nice money, even if it is just 500NP, because before all this, it was like 10NP haha.

I think you should definitely sell them or donate them quickly!

I don't have enough of each category like I said without buying up more. Which I refuse to do. Hence why I'm offering to give them if someone is missing like 1 or 2 in a group.