Siggy Advice Please

ladyaidahime

I don't know if this Topic exists already,but I've noticed some totally awesome Siggys here on TDN.

here are some names of siggy owners I admire:

Shane for wax,lia, FutureTXTurkey, Sapphy the Swamp Witch & many others

I would love some Siggy Advice& how to post it properly (ie where in the world did you guys find those pics?)

I envy you guys. any help would be welcome

To get them to post properly in your signature you'll need to toggle that little switch in the upper left hand corner of your text area. Paste your code into there. Then click the switch again to use the regular text editor. When I did my signature, I mostly just winged it with help from photoshop and a nice background I found.

To make mine (and I was heavily inspired by hrtbrk), I took some images from the DTI that I thought were pretty (I like swords and castles, so), opened them up in photoshop, added a few textures, and voila. As for uploading it, first you'll need to go to my settings, signature. Then you'll need to host the image on an external site (I used tumblr), copy the image url, and paste it into the little picture button on the toolbar, the one between the <> and the hyperlink buttons. I hope that makes sense.

Edit: I read that entirely wrong. For stuff like the TDN avatar counter, Mouseykins has already explained that.

Haha well thanks! Glad you like my sig (it took two readings to realize I was mentioned it was that surprising).

For me, I tend to go on deviantart (tho I'm slowly starting to make my own sigs they just aren't anything I'd want to show to everyone on a forum just yet). Think of a show or character then just search like normal (tho be aware you may run into something you wish you hadn't but that's what adult filters are for tho they aren't always toggled by the uploader). I ended up finding my current one by searching 'tyrion lannister sig'.

Then it's just a matter of grabbing the image url and then copy and pasting. The source is embedded in the image url (because I don't rehost which is rude unless you're afraid of the image being removed from deviantart).

Everything else is just quotes I find inspiring or info I might want people to know.

Sorry, my answer isn't entirely interesting. lol I'm more of a gifmaker than a picture editor.