Neopets...are fixing....the lag?!

caleew

So on their FB page, they have posted this - "NEOPETS SITE MAINTENANCE (01/05/2015): Attention Neopians -Neopets.com will be offline later TONIGHT for scheduled maintenance. During this time, our team will be working to better optimize certain databases as a means of reducing reported issues with lag around the site and NC Mall. Sorry for the immediate inconvenience that this might cause. Stay tuned for more updates from our team! We appreciate your continued patience as we work on improving overall site performance."

Does this mean they listened? Does this mean they are actually fixing lag? I really hope so! To be honest, I haven't been that affected, but I'm fed up of hearing about it all XD

Ah, in that case, the current downtime is probably aforementioned maintenance. Would be nice if they manage to fix it or even just reduce it.

(I have been affected a lot. Probably because I spend a ridiculous amount of time online each day and usually am either playing Neopets or multitasking including Neopets. Sometimes albeit rarely, there's no lag. Other times, it's just 5-10 seconds lag--annoying if you're restocking, slightly annoying if you're playing one of the refresh-a-lot-games like NeoQuest or Pyramids, but otherwise quite well possible to ignore.

Other times, sending a game-score takes over two minutes. Completing a shop-wizard search takes one. Loading a shop takes two-and-a-half. Re-pricing all items in my shop takes over four hours because SW'ing around 80 items and actually refreshing the search often enough to figure out the current lowest price can well be 200-300 minutes.

If they could just fix it up so that the last category of lag gets fixed, I'd be pretty happy. I can handle waiting a few seconds. Constantly waiting a few minutes, on the other hand, gets annoying really fast)

Oh, cool! :D I was having trouble accessing the site tonight and thought it was just my computer. I should have checked here or their FB first, oops.

I'm glad to hear that they're working on it. :)

I believe not thinking of checking their facebook can be excused. I believe that out of the past twenty or thirty times the site went down, they managed to have a message up there all of once or so? XD

Site looks to be back up and so far is much improved in loading speed. (Though as it's only back up for a few minutes now, there probably aren't that many folks online. Will have to see if the improvement holds up during the busier hours)

Oh, cool! :D I was having trouble accessing the site tonight and thought it was just my computer. I should have checked here or their FB first, oops.

I'm glad to hear that they're working on it. :)

Aha me too! I thought my computer was giving out. :P I too am glad to hear they are FINALLY working on it. The lag has been ridiculous.

Lag seems to be more-or-less back for the moment (though not as extreme as during the worst of the past few days), but since the site is still going down with some frequency in short bursts, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that TNT is still doing some background maintenance and such.

At least, I hope that is the case, and not the maintenance being done but having had close-to-zero effect.

i have read all these posts and my page for the petpet lab has still not loaded, id say the lag has not been fixed!...its become so annoying that i mainly just do the dailies and thats its i cant play to many games or try to restock or buy things from the tp or auctions bc the lag causes me to miss out! they need to do something and quick! they should have just stayed with the other server instead of switching!

Seems the same laggy lagarific Neopets to me. :(

I'm glad I did not go to the effort of getting my hopes up! :P

Ah well...at least it seems they are trying to work on it (after all, it's been what...only like 3 months since the server transfer...)

/shakes head

:P

Is the site back down again? I am getting a black screen :sad02:

It's working normally (for neopets standards at least) for me, so it might be a problem at your end :(

working ok now for me. IDK, always something it seems. LOL. Thanks for the reply. Must have been my computer.

I don't notice much of a change and neither do my ping tests but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

For me if it's only a few ms faster there's not much to be excited over. :P

Sadly I've been seeing this a majority of the day.

The socket connection to www.neopets.com failed.
ErrorCode: 10060.
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond(My IP Address)

The lag is MUCH WORSE than it has ever been. I don't notice any improvement what-so-ever. In fact it is worse than it has ever been. Oh well, I guess it has to get worse before it gets better. Also, what about the neofriends online? The only friend who shows up online for me is angelo. And it shows that he is ALWAYS online. Lol.

They made an announcement on the boards about how it's a small part of a larger plan to bring it back to what it was. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it would be nice if they come out of this with some kind of improvement.

An announcement that you have to be able to load neopets to see. :P You'd think they don't remember they have a twitter and facebook.

As an aside I wonder of tnt's active neopet is a reference to van canto.