What is Rich Now Poll

spencerkatty

What is rich now-a-days?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How much liquid (bank, on-hand, shop till) NP do you have?

• Under 100,000 NP
    • 100,000 - 1 Mil NP
    • 1 - 5 Mil NP
    • 5 -10 Mil NP
    • 10 - 25 Mil NP
    • 25 - 50 Mil NP
    • 50 - 100 Mil NP
    • 100 - 250 Mil NP
    • Over 250 Mil NP
  2. 2. How much NP do you have Liquid and invested (stocks, SDB, training, gallery, etc.)?

• Under 100,000 NP
    • 100,000 - 1 Mil NP
    • 1 - 5 Mil NP
    • 5 -10 Mil NP
    • 10 - 25 Mil NP
    • 25 - 50 Mil NP
    • 50 - 100 Mil NP
    • 100 - 250 Mil NP
    • Over 250 Mil NP

I'm trying to get an idea of what amount of NP people have lately and was thinking I'd do it with a couple polls. Also, with these results, do you consider yourself rich? Please vote and comment if you want.

I would consider myself rich, but I have very little comparison, so I'm not sure.

Rapidly approaching 4M liquid, not certain where I stand all things combined but probably between 6-8M. I definitely do not consider myself rich as of yet, but I do figure I likely am above average when it comes to earning speed, currently moving from averaging 1 mil liquid added per month to averaging 1 mil liquid added every 20 days.

I've got 420k in the bank and also a morphing potion I haven't used yet, so I figured my net worth is slightly more than 1 mil right now. I had 1.7 mil in the bank a couple weeks ago and was trying to get to the 2 mil mark, but I broke and spent it all on lab map and morphing potions lol. I'm definitely not rich, but it doesn't really bother me. I'll feel rich when I have all my pets painted the way I want no matter how many NPs I may or may not have in the bank :p

I've got a bit over 30 mil in the bank. I don't know about my SDB but I don't suppose I have much there, I sold most of the valuable items to increase my bank deposit and the interest. And training - what do you mean, how advanced in training is my battle pet?

I still have to try Food Club and stock, they seem pretty complicated so I'm postponing this all the time :)

And, no, I don't consider myself rich :(

With nearly 10mil I am apparently considered rich but I don't feel it for some reason. lol I have enough to get the paint brush I want but I'm always afraid of spending money.

I had 10mil once upon a time but then I bought a bunch of pbs and customization stuff so now I'm down to 4mil. I personally think that's a lot but I know users who have 100mil which blows my mind. There's probably nothing in my SDB worth anything and my gallery is all books I've gotten through random events and dailies so not much there either.

I have a little over 11mil but I want to buy all these nice things like a desert PB. I want to have a steady 10mil in the bank, for me that's rich. I know there are people with hundreds of millions but that's just an amazingly unrealistic goal for me. With 10mil in the bank I feel comfortable now :)

With nearly 10mil I am apparently considered rich but I don't feel it for some reason. lol I have enough to get the paint brush I want but I'm always afraid of spending money.

^yes!! I know this feeling lol

I have 4 million in the bank right now, but my goal is to get to the Ultimate Riches bank level, and then I don't really know what I'll do with all of my NP. Occasionally I'll go on sprees but meh. Maybe I'll be one of those rich Random Acts of Kindness users who gift things to sad neopians? Who knows!

Had a little over 600K before December, but Charity Corner dropped me down to 250K. Like a few others, I was trying to save to 1M. 1M NP would not make me feel "Neopian" rich, but comfortable knowing if I wanted something rare, I may have a chance at getting it. However, 2M may be more realistic. Good question, though. I'm not sure what point/amount I'd feel "neo-rich".

My bank account has reached the "Ultimate Riches" category but like other have said, I certainly don't feel rich. ;) I'm not even close to where I need to be to achieve all my goals, haha.

I never thought much about the value of items & investments, and it's hard to even guess the value. I have a few unbuyable items in my closet and safety deposit box but I doubt I'll ever sell them so I don't know if they really count. :p

I've got a little over 14 mil in the bank right now. The Charity Corner put a serious dent in my funds (over 2 mil), but I have since earned that back. Sandrea has a true knack for earning loads of Nerkmids in the Cosmic Dome. She's netted me 7 in the past week... but I say what's the point of having so many Neopoints if you can't spend it on something worthwhile?

I feel rich, but not because of the 14 million in the bank, but because frequently, I do shopping sprees and give items out to random, deserving Neopians. It's not the money that makes you rich, it's what you do with it. :)

Nowadays to be rich on neopets, you need at least 1 billion neopoints.

I don't think that's true. I think the average is somewhere in the 1-5million range with being rich is in the 10-20mil range. Basically if you are at the max bank account level you're considered rich. Unless your collection requires a lot of money like stamps but even then that's an outlier.

With ~80m+ in bank and probs 200m worth of stamps and bd equipment I'm too lazy too sale, it's def not rich.

I'd consider it rich if you can buy things without worrying about losing money.

I keep saving and have spent very little since September. I'm a little over 5mil at this point. Saving up for the #6 avi and to borrow the Meowclops for that avi, then eventually the BGC avi. I've seen the price of asparagus drop to about what I have saved now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to cross that off my list very soon... I won't consider myself as rich until I finish saving for those expensive avi's. I just wish there was an easier and quicker way to boost my savings.

I have around 812K in my bank (I just deposited). My gallery is size 55, though most items in it are free, since I collect food and drinks. Considering the size of the gallery, that's around... 100K, maybe? I've invested around 30K for stocks. So I have roughly around 1M NP overall. OTL I have such slow progress tbh.

Wow, I wasn't expecting so many replies so soon....

With the polls I now feel richer than I thought I was.

I have ~30M in the bank and I guess another 30M invested in stock market, gallery, and training my pet etc.

And training - what do you mean, how advanced in training is my battle pet?

Yes, essentially "How much have you spent to train your pet?"

And in general for the non-liquid assets---"How much have you spent to make your account better that can't be easily (if at all) immediately returned to NP?", so I would consider the lab map purchase part of that sum.

Thanks all for all the responses, now I know what to think about how much NP to keep.

I don't think that's true. I think the average is somewhere in the 1-5million range with being rich is in the 10-20mil range. Basically if you are at the max bank account level you're considered rich. Unless your collection requires a lot of money like stamps but even then that's an outlier.

Being "rich" means being one of the wealthiest. And I know for a fact that there are many with hundreds of millions and a couple billions on neopets.

Being "rich" means being one of the wealthiest. And I know for a fact that there are many with hundreds of millions and a couple billions on neopets.

yeah, I know there are. But they are in the top 1%. We're talking about what could put you in the top 10% or 20% np wise. And what you personally think is rich. It's very weird how some people don't think they are rich even if they have millions. But that's capitalism for ya, I guess?

I feel like I'm rich but not rich enough. Because there are things I want but I have a fear of spending but that's me.

Basically, there's two different definitions of being rich.

One is simply "having more money than the great, great majority of folks." By that standard, 5, 10, 25 or even 100 million NP probably is not rich.

The other definition is "having enough money that you can (easily) buy most things except perhaps for those that are the most expensive--though not necessarily all at the same time" (in case of Neopets, that'd include several stamps and some avatar items; in real life this could include certain paintings, buildings, etc.)

By that standard, 5-10 million is pretty decent but not quite rich, but 100 million probably would be.

EDIT: Shane for Wax, as to people not considering themselves rich even if they have millions, yes, capitalism plays a role there. However, something else that is pretty important here is that neopoints are a very weak currency. Nice but pretty normal food (I'm not speaking of Gourmet food--which is basically the Neopian equivalent of the food you'd get in real life multiple-Michelin-star restaurants--just things like a Cheese and Beans Jacket Potato or a pizza slice or such) can easily be upwards of 1k--aka 0.1% of a million.

A contrast with real life would be someone who has enough money saved to be capable of buying themselves a nice-ish but (relatively speaking) not quite that expensive meal a day for two-and-a-half to three years (but who would have no money left if they did that) is not exactly rich. (It'd be the equivalent of having about $5000 dollars in savings. Certainly a lot better than being in debt, but not quite what people tend to consider "rich")