New to TDN, returner to Neopets

tamagotchi

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums and the website, but was an avid neopets user when I was younger! I mostly am joining forums because

1) I like the daily neopets and often use it for reference and

2) I am constructing a Google Chrome extension for Neopets that changes pet's images to their old counterparts (for my own nostalgia) and has other ease-of-use features.

I don't know where I'd post it and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback or ideas for it!

Anyway, here's the link for those interested: Old Neopets Images

Wow! That's a pretty cool extension. It's a shame, though, that I use customizations, so I will probably try it out later.

Is your ultimate intention for this extension to give users the opportunity to experience old-school Neopets in the actual game?

Welcome aboard. Nice extension, unfortunately I wouldn't be much help in testing cause my babies are all customized. Heh. But it'd be nice to show the newbies what I grew up with.

Welcome!

That is a pretty super rad Project you are working on, I'm going to try out the extension :)

Edit: I dont think it works for my pets because I have Wraith and Maractite pets.

Yeah there are quite a few pet color combinations that I don't have yet. I just crawled through the pages on neocolours.uk.me and tried to grab all the ids for the new pets.
I know for sure it doesn't work for any customized pets (or new pet colours!), and also certain abandoned pets (like Bruces and Aishas), and also any pets without paintbrushes associated with them (alien aisha), so those are all things I'm going to have to add manually or find another online collection to grab from.

Wow! That's a pretty cool extension. It's a shame, though, that I use customizations, so I will probably try it out later.

Is your ultimate intention for this extension to give users the opportunity to experience old-school Neopets in the actual game?

Yeah, sadly there's no way I could make it work with all customized pets without manually making every clothing combination onto the old pet images :).

Ideally I'd like to recreate many aspects of the old site! After getting all the pet/color combos to work if I have time this semester I'd like to try to at least make all the Neopian world maps have an HTML only version so I can use them on my phone. I don't know what else would interest anyone!

Edited by tamagotchi