neopets after the down time...

cassyox

anybody else find that neopets is worse seince the downtime?... it takes an average of about a minute for each page to load where as before every once in awhile i was able to refresh shops and check out the trading post.... im so frustrated.. oh and not to mention this neopoint glitch! i could go on forever about the things that have bothered me! i just want the old game back! i hate when ppl try to fix something that wasnt broken, why did neopets have to switch servers man! stick with what works and leave it at that!!!

The NP glitch is highly annoying, but that problem started before the down time. But yes, I think more issues have appear after that. The worst for me is the long time to load the shop wizard... I didn't have that inconvenient before. Fortunately, I don't have all the troubles I see other people have, like not being able to move things from the inventory.

They had to switch servers the first time because they were bought by another company.

One would assume that they switched servers this second time (the other day) because the 'new' servers were unable to adequately handle the load that Neopets brought them.

Now TNT is stuck with debugging the most recent server migration.

We are stuck with the fallout.

I think it was an exceedingly poor decision on their part to do the 'FIX'/server migration the day before a 3 day holiday weekend. Had it been done last Monday (or put off until after the long weekend), they would have a week of workdays to work on the inevitable bugs and glitches.

As it is, NC MALL is TOTALLY down (504) with SIX Backgrounds currently set to retire tonight (available ONLY this weekend).

Such a mess.

:(

I honestly haven't been on Neo as much so I haven't experienced most glitches but the loading times have seemed to get longer and I'm not sure if this is just bad timing or me trying to buy things when more people are on but almost every time I go to a store now in the towns it is completely sold out. I'm ok with having to wait a little bit longer for loading times. It seems like it would be hard to find the source of a problem in a site as big as Neopets with only a few days to do so. Like Fullonparanoid said if they scheduled the downtime at a different time the staff wouldn't have to rush in fixing things. Hopefully the problems will be fixed soon but the pessimistic side in me is thinking that something like this could last for who knows how many more months or possibly be the downfall of Neopets. Since I only started playing in late 2005 or early 2006 and had took many long hiatuses I'm not sure if something like the situation on there right now as happened before.

They had to switch servers the first time because they were bought by another company.

One would assume that they switched servers this second time (the other day) because the 'new' servers were unable to adequately handle the load that Neopets brought them.

Now TNT is stuck with debugging the most recent server migration.

We are stuck with the fallout.

I think it was an exceedingly poor decision on their part to do the 'FIX'/server migration the day before a 3 day holiday weekend. Had it been done last Monday (or put off until after the long weekend), they would have a week of workdays to work on the inevitable bugs and glitches.

As it is, NC MALL is TOTALLY down (504) with SIX Backgrounds currently set to retire tonight (available ONLY this weekend).

Such a mess.

:(

Except they are working during the weekend. They stated so in the news. It's not like they switched severs and turned off the lights until Tuesday lol

Greetings Neopia, we have returned! It looks like we were able to implement our plan for server migration. Hooray! The site is now back, but we will still be working behind the scenes over the weekend to make sure everything is running optimally. In the meantime though, we hope that you will experience a much faster Neopets.com.

Of course we likely won't get an update until Tuesday, but they didn't just abandon us.

Well, whether they are there or not...

we will still be working behind the scenes over the weekend to make sure everything is running optimally.

Things seem less than optimal. NC Mall has been down most of the day and, so far as I have seen, none of the other glitches post 'FIX' have been remedied (and let's not get started on how our experience with a "much faster" Neopets is going).

There may well be someone keeping the lights on in the office during the 3 day weekend...but, I'm far from convinced that it is the all hand's on deck that a regular workday would entail.

Either way...it will get fixed when it gets fixed.

I do hope they extend the shelf-life of the THIS WEEKEND ONLY backgrounds, though, I really want to add two of them to my Sand Gallery and would like to get them for the 100NC sale price rather than the (if they don't extend shelf-life) inflated trade price.

Nothing for us to do but hurry up and wait.

:P

UPDATE: NC MALL is back up and I was able to nab the BGs I wanted. Hurrah! :D

Well, whether they are there or not...

Things seem less than optimal. NC Mall has been down most of the day and, so far as I have seen, none of the other glitches post 'FIX' have been remedied (and let's not get started on how our experience with a "much faster" Neopets is going).

There may well be someone keeping the lights on in the office during the 3 day weekend...but, I'm far from convinced that it is the all hand's on deck that a regular workday would entail.

Either way...it will get fixed when it gets fixed.

I do hope they extend the shelf-life of the THIS WEEKEND ONLY backgrounds, though, I really want to add two of them to my Sand Gallery and would like to get them for the 100NC sale price rather than the (if they don't extend shelf-life) inflated trade price.

Nothing for us to do but hurry up and wait.

:P

Do you think they will extend the backgrounds sale past the weekend, since the NC Mall is totally down? I would really like to get a few of those 100NC backgrounds before they go...

The NC Mall is currently up and running AND it let me use my NC card codes...so, if you still need those BGs...run get 'em now while things are working.

There is no guarantee on how long they will keep working! :P

Good luck!

:D