Yay I'm officially out

Shane for Wax

Thanks everyone. Tomorrow is the appointment with the endo so I can get started with hormones. Surgery is still a ways off, but so long as I can start hormones now with my parents on board (especially because I'd rather not have to go around behind their backs about it) I'm okay.

I've been out to my friends for years, but it took some time for me to get over my anxiety so I could talk to a therapist and try to find an endo who would give me the hormones plus figure out a way to come out to my parents. It should be relatively smooth sailing from here.

I've been presenting as masculine for a while now, and I was always a tomboy to begin with. But hopefully now this will put a stop to the whole 'you haven't worn a dress in a while' stuff. lol

So, now you finally officially get to say to God, 'I know you made me a girl and all, but I don't think I like Your choice.'

Well, i don't believe in the Abrahamic God, but the gods I know are pleased I'm able to start on the road to being who I actually am. With their help, I was able to draw on their strength to come out to my parents.

I'm having surgery on the 22nd too. Good luck :)

Good luck with your surgery! My trip is to the hospital clinic and it'll be my first time seeing this doctor so I'm nervous like I am with every new doctor I've met.

Congratulations so happy for you and hope transition goes well. yay for all the easy clothes choices you now have!

Well my clothing choices won't really change except where fancy attire is concerned. I'll eventually be able to wear blazers and tuxes and stuff without looking too out of place. :3

UPDATE

Got my Endo appointment finished. I have officially been prescribed testosterone and can start getting the shots next month! :D

Congrats! Glad your appointment went well. At first I thought "they're making you wait a whole month?" but then I remembered that "next month" is less than a week away. (I hope they're not making you wait a whole month, though I guess that's a lot less time than you've already been waiting...)

Well the time I have to wait is because of blood tests. They have to figure out the levels of testosterone and estrogen amongst other things (like cholesterol since testosterone shots have been known to raise cholesterol levels which is bad) that I already have. And blood tests are never super quick. The panels that have to be done means there could be a week to two week turnaround time.

I already have the testosterone prescribed. I just need the go-ahead to actually get my first dose (for safety reasons re: blood levels). :D

And thanks for the congrats. I'm excited to start. I can wait a couple more weeks since I've waited years to get up the courage to come out much less get the appointments necessary. :)

Good for you! I hope everything goes smoothly. You're very fortunate to have family that supports you. Best of luck!

I am. Though my dad is still pretty resistant at least I still have a roof over my head and he's helping me to figure out how to pay for things since I have no idea how insurance claims work. I'd be paying quite a bit out of pocket if I didn't have primary and secondary insurances.

The irony is I've always been closer to my dad yet it's my mom who has been more supportive and has actually used my new name whereas dad refuses to even use male pronouns at all much less my name.

Hrm. Ah well. Once I get enough months of hormones under my belt and start growing facial hair it will be very hard to insist on using female names and pronouns. ...Hopefully.

I'm glad you have the guts to be who you really are, that is really brave. A lot of people go through life wearing a mask. And it is good that your parents are there for you, even if your father is not adjusting very well, at least he's still there, give him time. I wanted to say something more supportive, but after thinking a lot about it, I still don't know what else to say. I imagine it must be a difficult process (I don't know much about it), I hope you end up having the best case-scenario for this situation.