How about that lag?

Bloods_Mistress

Its been really nice lately :) I mean much better than before, but not completely fixed. I decided to finally do my battledome dailies today for the first time in weeks. It was nice.

I noticed a huge difference and was able to do my dailies fairly quickly. There was some lag, but not nearly as much, and the NP lag seems to have been fixed as well. Glad to get those dailies and other Neo things I do done again! :)

collected food club winnings, today, and the nps are a no show. shop til empties into my nps on hand just fine. but not my food club winnings. NOT HAPPY, TNT, NOT HAPPY.

I've only recently had an issue like this. I'll win or spend NP and they wont show or be gone until the next day.

i have the np lag too. it's just the number shown that is inaccurate though. once i deposit some np into the bank, the accurate number shows up again. doesn't affect me much really. just a small annoyance.

also, i had my scores sent to TNT for review when I was playing Fashion Fever and Catch the Petpet which was rather... weird. not sure if it has to do with the lag... or something else.

oh, man, did you beat a high score in fashion fever? ; ) teach us your trick!!

Oh look! did you guys get this?

Thanks... For... Your... Patience...

Just kidding! We're happy to report that we believe we've kicked the lag and our site is back up and running much more smoothly! YAY!

As a big thank you from everyone at The Neopets Team for sticking with us through it all, here are some goodies for you to enjoy. We would have sent along a hug as well, but couldn't figure out how to squish it through our monitors. Sadness. Anyway, enjoy!

Tale of Lag
Lag-B-Gone Serum
20,000 Neopoints
300 NC

Everything's been added automatically to your account. You are now free to move about Neopia.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This has got to be the worst I've ever seen. I've only been able to actually load Neo a few times since trying this morning. Their social media page elsewhere is blowing up with complaints. I read something that really made me think. Someone said, well since you make the site unavailable to me I guess when it's time to renew my Premium I will have to make my money unavailable to you and cancel. Good point. My Premium renews sometime late summer. I sincerely hope this still is not going on then... *sigh*

IF they are working on the cure all fix for lag right now, and that's what is causing this super extreme lag, then... I guess I can forgive. It would be nice if they would post somewhere to say what is up though.

I feel so sorry for the coders who are tasked with fixing things, their task is hugely daunting. Having to wade through megatons of code that's new to them, some of it that's positively ancient, must be an absolute nightmare for them. Particularly as there's going to be way more public complaining going about lag, down time and things not working properly; than there will be anyone showing gratitude for what's been fixed :* And to do it while the site's live, good grief!! x_x They deserve medals.

I feel so sorry for the coders who are tasked with fixing things, their task is hugely daunting. Having to wade through megatons of code that's new to them, some of it that's positively ancient, must be an absolute nightmare for them. Particularly as there's going to be way more public complaining going about lag, down time and things not working properly; than there will be anyone showing gratitude for what's been fixed :* And to do it while the site's live, good grief!! x_x They deserve medals.

Although I hate playing Pyramids right now because it takes so long to load every move I make, I agree with you and thank the coders that we can still access Neopets.com, even if it is just loading really, really slow. It would've been worse if we couldn't visit at all!

Pages are taking a lot of time to load, plus, I can't send scores properly because "the server is experiencing problems" all the time. It's so frustrating especially when I get an unusually high score but the score doesn't send. User lookups aren't working as well.