How's it feel after coming back to Neo after a hiatus?

limitatiion

After looking around more at the site I realized there's actually quite a few people who seem to have taken hiatuses/breaks and more recently return to Neo! I'm curious to hear how other people felt once they returned.

I know one thing was that it was kinda sad seeing that most if not all my former neofriend's accounts had been deleted and those who's accounts were still up hadn't been on in years. It's just weird knowing that I'm still back years later so much older than before lol. I remember vividly how much I was involved in my guild at the time and all that other stuff. :')

Also I definitely feel like I missed out on a lot of plot-related stuff while I was gone haha!

What about you guys?

Yeah, I'm pretty much on the same boat. I still remember the username for my account from 15 years ago, unfortunately it's gone. I was too young to really understand how the site worked so I remember mostly playing the games and such, didn't really get too into making friends or joining guilds (anything social). I also realize that this game is meant for kids, but it seems like most of the community is above 18 years of age so it makes me feel less ashamed of playing again (I'm 24). It's nice to go through the site and get that hit of nostalgia. I'm not that really into the plot-related stuff since I'm not interested and I'm only really playing neopets while I'm at work and there's downtime. I guess what got me back into neopets is that it's browser based and is pretty easy to navigate (when there's no lag). I don't regret going back to it though, I hope I can get more involved into the community this time around and hopefully make some friends!

I'm the same.

I've been on and off hiatus since 2006 - every time I leave and come back major stuff has changed.

It is lonelier ... like you said, all of my neofriends aside from two have quit or self iced. But it's still a cute little site.

I used to be really into the social aspect - guilds, roleplaying, etc - and now I focus more on my Neopets and avatars and such.

The nostalgia is what keeps me coming back, no matter how old and out of the loop I feel. c:

Yeah, I'm pretty much on the same boat. I still remember the username for my account from 15 years ago, unfortunately it's gone. I was too young to really understand how the site worked so I remember mostly playing the games and such, didn't really get too into making friends or joining guilds (anything social). I also realize that this game is meant for kids, but it seems like most of the community is above 18 years of age so it makes me feel less ashamed of playing again (I'm 24). It's nice to go through the site and get that hit of nostalgia. I'm not that really into the plot-related stuff since I'm not interested and I'm only really playing neopets while I'm at work and there's downtime. I guess what got me back into neopets is that it's browser based and is pretty easy to navigate (when there's no lag). I don't regret going back to it though, I hope I can get more involved into the community this time around and hopefully make some friends!

Surprisingly as young as I was I was able to really be involved in the more social aspects of Neopets, probably not equivalent to my maturity now, since I'm older but I learned through guild stuff how to organize stuff and be social online (and learn html/css). But yeah I noticed a huge chunk of people are now college-aged as opposed to a while ago! It's as if all at once we decided to play again lol. I'm definitely hoping to get involved in the community now that I'm a little bit more aware of how to do everything.

I'm the same.

I've been on and off hiatus since 2006 - every time I leave and come back major stuff has changed.

It is lonelier ... like you said, all of my neofriends aside from two have quit or self iced. But it's still a cute little site.

I used to be really into the social aspect - guilds, roleplaying, etc - and now I focus more on my Neopets and avatars and such.

The nostalgia is what keeps me coming back, no matter how old and out of the loop I feel. c:

Yeah, so many things have changed, but I'm still super nostalgic so that's what keeps bringing me back as well. I'm definitely more of a hermit than I was way back when because I'm more like you, focusing more on my Neopets and avatars. Guilds were basically my life on Neo years ago :laughingsmiley:

Yeah, so many things have changed, but I'm still super nostalgic so that's what keeps bringing me back as well. I'm definitely more of a hermit than I was way back when because I'm more like you, focusing more on my Neopets and avatars. Guilds were basically my life on Neo years ago :laughingsmiley:

I think we're all old hermits now, haha.

Neopets was basically my life between 11-13, as embarrassing as that is.

It definitely becomes more of a past time as we get older. :3

Ditto, my last hiatus ended.. um...I THINK it was around the time I found and registered to join TDN, or the forums anyway. So back in 2012. I had been on again off again for a number of years. Normally, I'd try to get back into the game around December, for the advent calendar. But would lose interest, mainly because of events going on and not knowing what was going on. I was basically a no-show for ACs 3-5 (or so). Went through a couple of guild transfers over the years. Same group of people, just leadership changed hands a couple of times, and then a merger with another old and affiliated guild. Though hardly any of us are active anymore. It's really sad. Learned one of our number had actually passed away while I was on one hiatus. That a couple others weren't as active because it was hard on 'em after that happened. Anyway, when I came out of hiatuship, I've participated in the last few ACs, did pretty ok. The Obelisk War, the closest thing to a classic neopets war in YEARS, was a BLAST! :D And the first war since I joined where I felt like i had a chance to actually compete and progress decently! During the war, my peophin finally built his stats up enough that he graduated to the Ninja Training School. :) 8 codestones was SO expensive. lol But it was WORTH it! According to my records, I had 9015 victories by the end of Wave 5. (and 9 losses lol) LOL I wanted to keep track and never got around to deleting them. lol
I also joined the ranks of TDN staff for the Battlepedia department. Then during the Obelisk War I helped to discern and enter profiles for some of the opponents in the waves.
For the most part, returning to Neo, and coming here, both have been quite the ride so far, and I'm sure will continue to be. :) The Battledome is easily one of my favorite parts of the site. For a lot of years I helped with battle strategy and budget battling of friends and guild members in-game. Though I didn't know about TDN's BP back then, there was another site that's no longer around that I had heard about and frequented back then. It was nice, but TDN's more fun. ;) In fact, now that I think ab out it, that site's end, was how I found TDN, I was looking for another Battle information site. And things just clicked when I found TDN's battlepedia. lol After awhile I applied to join the staff and was accepted.

LOL It's funny how you can't recall how some things happened until you remember some other events. lol ;)

Anyway, I'm still working on my goals in Neo. It will be awhile, like YEARS, before I can afford a really good battle set. I only bought a Ghostkerbomb around the time of the Obelisk War, it's my only Hidden Tower weapon. My dream set would include Thyoras Tear and a Jade Scorchstone, maybe a Sword of White Lies, or at least MAYBE someday I'll get one of the anagram swords. Though a weapon I would LOVE to get, but probably never will find, is a Skarls Sword. THAT, would take me probably a WHOLE decade to save up for, if I didn't buy anything else! LOL But it's an AWESOME looking weapon. The attack peas would be nice, power-wise, but realistically, just, No. If I can battle and do decently then I'm content with it.

I also have a decent Peophin gallery. TNT keeps releasing new ones, and I'm "kind of" frugal, so I don't go out of my way to buy right off. I can wait until prices come down. ;) Those years of budget battling and saving forced me to learn to save my NP and only splurge if it's really important. A good lesson. ~_^ Especially since my main income comes from playing the flash games, and of course site events, when they happen. And of course now, selling prizes from the Battledome.

LOL Wow! I didn't realize I had written this much. I suppose Neo being down, the boredom must be getting to me. LOL

I left for a pretty decent chunk of time and can't get back into my old account because I lied about my birthday (I was under 13 when I made it) which is terrible because I have a UC mutant scorchio and I want him back. But otherwise coming back was both great and very strange. For one, everything is so much more expensive now. A set of all 10 codestones used to be 30k but now I think it's 50k? I missed so many plots and that's the worst part but hopefully (fingers crossed) we get a new one soon. All that being said, I'm having more fun on neopets than I ever remember having back in the day and I don't know if that's because I'm older and have more coordination when it comes to games or what but here we are.

I left for 7ish years and started on a new account. Then I found my old account lost somewhere in space LOL. so it was cool to get that back. Its been so long that I cant really say what I miss about old neo. I just remember being really confused as to what the heck was going on lol. I think new neo is pretty awesome though- once i adjusted.. The one thing I was actually super bummed about was that I missed a lot of plots and avvies.

by the way i love your pink haired drawing its really cool!

I think I've been on and off hiatus from Neopets since my junior year in highschool...back in 2008 ahaha.

I noticed I usually start playing Neopets again close to Advent Calendar (winter break woooo) and then come the New Year, I go back into hiatus mode.

Now that I'm working full time, I have more free time, so I think I'll be popping up more around Neopets :) None of my irl friends play it anymore, sadly, but I can't seem to let go of it. I hope to stick around more so that I can actually fully be immersed in upcoming plots. I don't think I've actively participated in a plot since...gosh...Return of Dr. Sloth I think? Yea it's been a while.

Question for you: do you draw?? Love the style of your icon * v *b

• 5 weeks later...

Like many, I couldn't access my old account cause I was under 13 when I made it and lied about my birthday (I didn't realise who important that information was haha)

Started afresh about 5 years after my old account was created, and I've been playing for about 4 years since my new account was created.

I find that neopets is a lot more interesting now for me than when I was a kid. Mainly because I am more aware of fan sites and stuff, and actually understand a lot of the stuff that is going on. When I was a kid, it used to be just playing flash games and buying random things. But not actually understanding how the entire site worked or how to make money efficiently etc. But now, there are so many features on the site, and I look forward to plots and events which I never knew happened as a kid. And there are so many areas in neopets that I have not actually explored or understood yet like the neodaq -_- or plushie tycoon -_-

I suspect neopets is really made for the kids in adults haha. Many more advanced features of the site would be interesting only for older children/teenagers/adults as compared to primary school kids.