I Need Help Retrieving Very Old Password...Please Help

spongyfan51895

Ok so I created my Neopets account when I was around 8, and here I am 11 years later really wanting to log back in to my account.

I have almost all the info I need: I know my username-however, I don't remember my password.

This wouldn't be an issue if I remembered which email I used, which I don't. I've tried a few of the old emails I would have been likely to use back then but so far they haven't worked. I tried contacting Neopets from their website by submitting a ticket, but it requires me to log in before I can send one...and that's the whole reason I need help in the first place -_-.

Is there any email I can send a message to or any Neopet staff I can talk to about getting my password back? Please help if you can. I really miss my Kougra, Tigerlily1111 :(

I'm genuinely surprised to find that your account doesn't appear to be purged. You must have logged in to it in the past couple of years. There is an account that hasn't been logged in in the past year (at least) with your TDN username and with the pet you describe.

You could create a new account to submit the ticket. If you do regain access, you could ice the new account or keep it as a side.

I was in the same position. I hadn't logged in since circa 2005. I lost access to the email I used to sign up (as in, I cancelled that email with the provider). I checked periodically every few years until I went to college about 8 years ago and my acount was still around. When I checked this past November, my account didn't exist -- but I signed up again since I really, truly now had no access to the old account. When I tried 8 years ago, I was basically hit with a brick wall even though I knew the defunct email address and birthday I used when signing up (but there was a general Neopets email to write to). Now it looks like there is no general Neopets email, but your luck may be beter than mine now that Neopets is owned by a different company.

I wish you luck. If you do create a ticket, you can build your case by describing things only you would know about the account such as items in your SDB, NP balance in the bank or weapons equipped to your pets. This didn't help me, but it can't hurt your chances.

Good luck!

I actually went through this last year. I found that my original account was still around, and hadn't been touched. I had the user name and correct birthday, but I couldn't remember the password. I used a help ticket, and I was able to provide enough information to Neopets that they gave me back the original account. It's now my main again- kbk823.

This purging of accounts, you guys are saying they do that to accounts that were previously active and had levelled pets and a significance inventory? D: I can totally understand purging accounts that have been created then never logged into ever again, but not ones that have been used. I've lost access to my original account and while I don't especially feel the need to get it back, I'd be mad if it got deleted (which just shows how illogical I am, but whatev :P)

All I can say is try submitting a ticket and see what happens, if you can't remember the email I'm not sure how much of a chance you'd have as that's one of the things they want you to tell them, but who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I used [email protected] to actually E-Mail them personally to get my current old account back after being inactive for YEARS.

I started it in the 8th grade, used it a bit in college on an alt account, then one day I remembered my original account but couldn't get in it. It took a couple of weeks to rack my brain over it, then finally the PW for that E-Mail came to me.

You may want to start with the E-Mail, if you can remember a LOT of details of your old account, it wouldn't hurt to try.

I used [email protected] to actually E-Mail them personally to get my current old account back after being inactive for YEARS.

I started it in the 8th grade, used it a bit in college on an alt account, then one day I remembered my original account but couldn't get in it. It took a couple of weeks to rack my brain over it, then finally the PW for that E-Mail came to me.

You may want to start with the E-Mail, if you can remember a LOT of details of your old account, it wouldn't hurt to try.

But you Neopets account was deleted or was still there?

But you Neopets account was deleted or was still there?

It was still there, it's the one I'm currently using as my marked main *points to the left where it says "NeoPets Username"* ^__^

It was still there, it's the one I'm currently using as my marked main *points to the left where it says "NeoPets Username"* ^__^

Oh :( , I thought perhaps you got it back after they deleted it, and there was hope for me. Can you contact that email for all account related matters?. Because I sent them a ticket like 3 days ago and I'm still waiting... That could be normal, but patience has never been one of my strong suits.

That's very normal <.< >.> I've read a few replies on here where people say submit a new ticket weekly until you get a response?

I didn't read that, I read that I have two options 1: Wait (I'm not a big fan of this one), or 2: Try leaving a message on their Facebook page. But first I don't have a Facebook account, and second, I saw one person asking them to read his/her ticket, I saw it yesterday, and again today... so... it doesn't look like that person is having much luck there, therefore I will not bother to create an account just for that... I'll wait ( :axehead: ) until monday, if they haven't said anything, I'll try sending other ticket...

@jellysundae -- Yes, my account was purged even though I had the lab map, one of my pets was leveled around 20 or so, I had game and war trophies, and one of my pets was painted. However, I was at least 8 years inactive and I had no chance of getting my account back with an email that didn't exist anymore.

I've been reading into the Neopets purges. It seems that they will hold off on established accounts, but you aren't safe forever.

Wow, that's really bad, I mean, really. There's a moral line in the sand there about what's ok to purge and what isn't, and it's way back there behind TNT's stance >.> This is my moral line in the sand of course, it's real easy to be judgemental when it's not you with the problem <.< >.> Not you with servers that look at you like x_x because they have a bajillion abandoned accounts taking up a monstrous amount of bandwidth. So I guess I totally understand why they do it, and I do applaud the fact that they leave it for years before getting rid of established accounts, but I don't approve of them doing it.