What do you think this April Fool's prank will be?

kandygrrl

So, last year I was still a Neopets newbie and I still kinda am in a way, but one thing I didn't like was the pound being shut down, the only down side was that a hungry Grarrl ate my Ixi's Tyrannian Usuki while trying to give it to my Ixi to play with. *sighs* I'm glad it wasn't something more valuable.

Honestly, I think this year's prank might be them making the site lag on purpose... but way worse than what we endured XD

lol oh no, sorry you got hit with the "adoption" of a hungry grarrl

This years prank- "neopets is going offline to fix some issues tonight. We should be back in up about a month!" No that would be too cruel lol...Their jokes are hard to predict.

Oh man, I'd forgotten about the pranks, I remember some people getting super anger about previous ones, the neotax in 2006 being a case in point xDD

As long as it's not a prank that involves converting pets like the year they made the lab zap random pets on your account then I'm good. Stuff like that freaks me out even if I know it's April Fool's Day. XD I loved the prank last year though, that was a brilliant way to help people find stuck pets that otherwise would be sitting in the pound for much longer.

Hmm... Extra downtime seems too obvious to be a joke because there has been so much of it recently. Everybody (I) doesn't like jokes that can be seen a mile away. It has to be believable enough to rustle peoples' jimmies, but the joke cannot send people into a fit else Jumpstart will make everyone quit.

I have no ideas, but has Neopets ever done an April Fools Ice screen? Like "You're banned! HAHA! April's fools!" and "Sorry. Have some commemorative items to pitch for the rubbish avatar!"?