GLITCHES: Major Bank Glitch Hits Neopia

hrtbrk

So, is it just affecting anyone who deposits large amounts into the bank? If that's the case, why not do multiple 5k deposits? Sure, it's inconvenient but it keeps it safe from ghosts, tax beast, mutant kads and all sorts of other RE's. Plus, you're losing interest if it's a really big amount.

Find the highest safest deposit (80k apparently) and do it in increiments of that. As long as your bank takes it and it doesn't poof just keep doing it. I haven't sold anything in my shop recently so I'm not sure what's safe to withdraw from there if anything but I'd do the same thing with my shop til.

That's good to hear. I have about 40k out right now that I forgot to deposit last night before bed and didn't get on Neo until the glitch was reported. It's not much, but enough that I'd cry if I lost it. XD

I wouldn't really take any chances tight now, unless it's only a very small amount you won't miss if it goes missing.

Understandable.

Also as for the interest I collected again today with no issues but haven't done my dailies yet.

Reports are coming in that small increments (like less than 50k) are being deposited and withdrawn without any issue. Up to you if you find that amount to be small enough to not worry if it goes poof.

WOW!!! This is terrible, sorry about everyone who is loosing nps :( and sorry about TNT too, they have to work harder and harder...

just deposited 10 mill.....guess i got lucky then geesh

It's not a guaranteed you will lose every time you deposit kind of glitch. I deposited 5k and it went thru fine but there's no telling if it was luck or if it's 100% safe to deposit in small amounts. People seem to have more luck doing so, but it could be just confirmation bias.

I haven't had any problems yet depositing and withdrawing amaller amounts of NP yet either. I think it's fairly safe to say there is indeed a minimum amount involved in this glitch. I've been reading up on it on the Neoboards as well and haven't heard from anyone losing smaller amounts yet.

TNT has apparently said that they are aware of the issue, have found the root of it, and are working to restore lost NP, but it may take a while.

Deposits/withdrawals around 50k or less seem to be safe (I've made several). I'm holding off on doing anything larger until someone can confirm it's really fixed.

I got a response to my ticket that I sent in in case anyone is curious:

Thank you for writing in!

We apologize for the confusion with your missing NP.

Our developers have fixed the root of the error, and we will get your NP back to you.

Please bare with us as we process this, it may take a bit to get to everyone but we will return it.

Thanks again for your feedback and for your patience.

:)

I wish TNT would make use of their message board. There's no official statement that there was a problem, therefore no warning for anyone, and no statement of it being fixed. I only found out about it after I tried to withdraw NP and only found out today it was fixed by testing it myself after others had reported they were able to withdraw/deposit like normal. The last post on their board was from January

It's silly that TNT hasn't even tried to fix this yet, they're just letting innocent players who know nothing of this glitch lose big amounts of neopoints.

I mean, I was lucky I warned my niece before she made any Neopets bank deposits,

It says in the ticket above that TNT has fixed the error, so it's not happening anymore :P

Once again TNT fails in being transparent. I'm... disappointed. They had been doing so well for the most part where lag was concerned.

Still, on the positive end, the issue has been fixed.

Has anyone deposited a very large sum of neopoints since the report of it being fixed? I have over 460k that I'd like to deposit in my bank, but I'm still worried... :/

It says in the ticket above that TNT has fixed the error, so it's not happening anymore :P

Oh, oops, maybe I shouldn't have assumed the worst in Neopets this time. I guess after they stole my Neocash that one time and it showed up 10 minutes later, I have some trust issues, Neocash is easier to replace than tens to hundreds of thousands of neopoints (for some it is easy, me, not so much.