Is This What Charlie Sheen Feels Like?

nightfall8705

Being a winner?

Usually when I tell people Friday the 13th is a lucky day for me, they shrug it off. They believe the superstitions that Friday the 13th is cursed. Bah. There's no real such thing as curses.

Anyway.

Today, I'm Charlie Sheen. I'm a winner.

My best (female human) friend is also my neighbor. She apparently entered my name into this random contest drawing at this fancy portrait studio without me knowing. The drawing was an event celebrating the photo studio's 20th anniversary in business. My friend came by and gave me my mail, and inside was a card with my name on it that said

"Congratulations, your name has been picked to win the GRAND prize."

So next Friday, I have to go to this hotel to a fancy photoshoot. My whole family can come with me. My grand prize is a giant 16 x 20 keepsake photograph worth 100 dollars US. I get one for free. :D

How lucky is that?

To make things even better, I log onto Facebook, and another close friend of mine has sent me a message.

She said she won 2 tickets to a blues concert in a nearby town from a radio station, but that she can't go and she wants to give them to me. ME. I'm sad she can't go, but out of all the people she knows, she chose me to receive the tickets!

And because one of my goals this year was to donate blood as many times as I can, I went into the local blood bank to donate. (I can potentially save 3 lives with each donation! You can too, just check out your local blood bank for more information.)

Walked out of there with a gift of two free movie theater tickets.

What? Usually I get a spiffy new t-shirt. But today, there were no more t-shirts, and I got the only pair of movie tickets they had at the time. What a surprise.

As I said, Friday the 13th is my lucky day. Look out Charlie Sheen. Today, I'm the winner.

I'm really happy. <3

Sure thing! *sends luck via rainbows and sparkles*

It couldn't have come at a better time. Next month is my birthday, and I could use some fun until then. Nothing like a concert and a movie to cheer me up! And that giant photograph, if only I can have a grrrreat skin day next week! D:

:)

THERE'S ANOTHER FRIDAY THE 13TH? Yay! Should I tempt fate and play the lotto next month? LOL. Shoot, even if I win the money back that I paid for the ticket, I'd be happy. But if I did win 10 bucks or more, I'm treating myself to an early birthday dinner.

Congrats on all the awesome stuffs & opportunities!

Best of luck for next months F-13 ^__^

I played the 500mil PowerBall just this passed time and I hit 3 numbers, the rest were off by like 1-3 numbers (upset much x_@) Spent $10 on the 5 lines, won back $7 - the extra dollar for the power play might have made it worthwhile, oh well. Just my luck xD

Thanks guys! I sure will share my luck. I've continued to be lucky over the weekend. We've had horrible winter weather and several huge tree limbs have fallen in my yard. I'm talking at least eight or more. One barely missed the electricity meter, and another was caught by the back porch, which prevented it from destroying my bedroom window. None of the limbs hit the house and none of the pipes have burst and me and the pets are okay despite it being single digit temperatures outside, with only two small electric heaters in the house. We've camped out in my room and things have been cold but fine.

Jerkface (my brother) surprised me on Valentine's Day with a nice dinner out, which I enjoyed. So that counts as being lucky too, I suppose.

The photoshoot I won was taken today instead of tomorrow because of the coming winter weather, and that was fun. My brother actually showed up, and we got a picture together.

I've also got to spend a lot more time with my neighbors/good friends/family. My luck hasn't ran out yet! :)