[CC]Many TDNers in this week's Caption Contest: See them all here!

siniri

I hope this is okay. Instead of several voting threads, I thought it might be better to have one thread with all the CC entries from TDN this week. I'm adding all the ones I know of now, in the order they appear on my CC page. If I missed you, please let me know in this topic and I'll add your caption and voting link. (I won't be home until late this evening, so please scroll down and read additional posts to make sure I didn't overlook anyone. Thanks!)

Note: You can vote in the CC every 4 hours until the contest ends early Tuesday afternoon. You can see all the captions (and see who needs votes the most) by clicking here: http://www.neopets.com/games/caption_browse.phtml

caption_1394.jpg

By jlp2q (siniri):
Snowbunny [To Meepit]: And that's how you hypnotize someone, according to the book. Why did you want to know?
Meepit [To Doglefox]: When you wake up...
Snowbunny: What did you do?!?
Vote for me here!

By fullonparanoid:
Meepit: So, when is this Murder Mystery Party supposed to begin?
Snowbunny: It already has!
Vote for me here!

By kodylaurentia:
Meepit: Doesn't anyone else think it's time to put the tree away for the year?!?
Vote for me here!

By angelbear1124 (jenks):
Meepit [To Snowbunny]: Read me the part again about world domination.
Vote for me here!

By a_ramsell:
Meepit: Does it say anything in that book about what to do if you're trapped in a bowl of cashews?
Vote for me here!

Cool idea, sinri!

I always find it interesting to see which captions the judges decide to post. Seldom do they choose my favorites of my entered captions (though, admittedly, oft times the humor in mine is a bit adult and/or esoteric). This week, these were my two faves of the captions I entered:

Snowbunny: Don't look at me... I SWEAR those are mini toasted marshmallows!

and

Meepit: Stop playing dead... it's crepe'y

Now, I made the assumption that the Doglefox was lying under a crepe and that those were, indeed, toasted marshmallows. If those assumptions were incorrect, my captions would make no sense! :D

Ah, well...I just think it is fun coming up with them. Getting into the contest is a bonus! /grin

Good luck to sinri and Kody and everyone else in this week's CC...and a massive THANK YOU to everyone who casts votes.

Every vote cast is VERY much appreciated...

Cheers!

:P

Thanks for this, Siniri. My caption is in this week too. I'm angelbear1124. :)

Kody, I think your caption is funny. I am one of those guilty of leaving my tree up into middle of Jan. or even end of Jan. It's always too sad to remove them. I love Christmas trees! We use live trees from a tree and freshly cut them ourselves about 2-3 weeks before Christmas, so it stays fresh a very long time. If I had a fake tree, I'd probably never take it down but change it with each holiday, all year.

Good luck friends :) I've been hitting a couple of your boards as I've found them in either Game Chat or Charter. Trying to spread around evenly. Happy to see you all in! :D The weather is still not ideal where I am, though it is improving. Friday night it was -15 F, something like that, and I was just too cold to even try to think of any caption ideas, lol. Will try again next week. 0:)

Friday night it was -15 F, something like that, and I was just too cold to even try to think of any caption ideas, lol.

I saw that somewhere up north (Michigan maybe?) it was -35° F!

That's just not right. I'm a Southern boy born and bred...I cannot even begin to process how cold that is! :O

Hope everyone is keeping safe and warm...

Cheers!

Just got a vote in for you, siniri! :) I looked around Game Chat but didn't see a board. Do you have one up anywhere on Neo? Will stop by if you do.

fullonparanoid, oh man, this cold has been brutal on me. I'm southern too and I'm like, okay, I enjoy winter... but then there's *THIS*. Whatever *THIS* is, lol. We had a huge water main break on one of our most traveled roads. It was a mess. The water froze instantly, of course, at a busy intersection. No good. There's also been quite a few people to have frozen/busted water pipes. Again, no good. Ready for spring by this point!

hehe, yes Kody, I stalked around until I found you on Neo! lol, no, I just really chat a lot on the boards and CC threads especially stand out to me. How strong is the wind there? The day it snowed 15 inches here the wind was consistently around 15 - 20 MPH but gusting anywhere from 30 - 40. Glad you at least have sunshine though. :) I have not been seeing much of that lately.

snm08, that's really sweet of you. I have a friend from a Neoboards chat thread who is in the CC for the first time. She's currently in contention for gold, so I didn't put it in my signature (otherwise people in that chat might vote for me instead of her), and I'm not around enough to make a board worth the effort. As long as I'm not in the bottom 15, I'm totally fine with whatever place I end up with (though of course silver would be nicer than bronze, just for the extra NP -- but it's not worth hours of advertising for 2.5k or so).

Hope this winter thaws out soon -- nice and gradually, so people don't get too much spring flooding.

No problem, siniri :) That's nice of you to support your friend! Oh we've had flood watches here this week because of it... :( Luckily no warnings though or serious issues. Lots of snow piles out there that go above my head! (and I'm 5'6'') It's kind of scary to think about so I try not to.

Rami! Hi :D

Glad to see so many CC folks here :)

Hiya Rami! :D

Good to see ya...I think you will like the folks here, it is a laid back bunch. /smile

The weather here is wet and cold...we don't have any flooding going on, but we are supposed to get more snow tomorrow and on Thursday. Goofy foogy weather.

I hope everyone is staying warm and dry...Good luck to everyone in the CC!

Cheers!

I'm actually a stone's throw from gold somehow, despite the fact that I did no advertising on the Neoboards at all. I'd appreciate any last-minute votes you could throw my way before the contest ends (there's probably only time for 1, maybe 2 more, depending on when they end the contest).

Thanks!