Caption Contest 1395: See All TDN Contestants Here!

Hey gang!

Here are this week's CC image AND the entries from TDN members!

There are always great captions to choose from...remember that you can vote once every 4 hours!

Every vote is appreciated.

:P

caption_1395.jpg

By snm08:
Stealthy Grarrl: It's Friday night and I'm standing in a corner holding flowers. How has my life come to this?
Space Faerie: Would you rather be dropped from the sky into someone's lap? Because I can arrange that.

Vote for me here!

By kodylaurentia (aka Kodyakawolf):

Space Faerie: I can't raise your stats for completing my quest if I can't find you!
Vote for me here!

By darkobsession (aka Angelo):

Mira: As a museum guard, I'd say you're not doing so well....
Vote for me here!

By fullonparanoid:

Space Faerie: No, I don't think you look like a woodland Grarrl....
Vote for me here!

By dragonsfriend1021 (aka Lamppost):

Space Faerie: I can see you!
Stealthy Grarrl: Perhaps, but can you see my Invisible Doglefox?
Vote for me here!

By a_ramsell:
Grand Commander [To Stealthy Grarrl]: She can see you, you know... oh, and she can also read minds. You should probably just leave now.
Vote for me here!

Gimme a holler if you are in this week's CC and I missed your name!

Good luck, all!

Cheers!

I think that the group CC topic is a great idea now that we pretty reliably have 3-5 TDN CC contestants each week.

Great idea, sinri! :D

I actually had a hard time coming up with captions for this week's image...what kept poppin' into my head were those creepy pictures of the Last Supper or of Jesus where the eyes follow you no matter where you are standing (might be showing my age here...I think they were most prevalent in the 70's). :P

But the thought of the Stealthy Grarrl cowering in the corner because the eyes from the Neopians in the picture were following him...well, it made me laugh.

Good luck, everyone!

Cheers!

Congrats to everyone who made it into the contest! I tried to give Kody her first vote, but it was her second instead. Next vote will go to whomever has the least when I get home this evening.

I only submitted captions early (mostly), but I thought I sent in several really good ones (a few of which appeared under other names, so I guess I didn't have enough original ones).

My fave that didn't get in was sent yesterday when the CC was late updating:

Grarrl: The captions didn't go up for a vote on time.

Space Faerie: Time moves slower in space; it's only Thursday.

Grarrl: Hey, is that the new server in the corner? I've found the source of the lag!

people arnt really voting on the caption much these last few weeks .. weird

Sadly, I think what is being seen...is evidence of the fewer numbers of users actually ON Neopets. There are just fewer and fewer users available (and willing) to battle the LAG week by week.

I mean, I reckon someone has to REALLY love me (or think my caption HYSTERICAL) in order to have the patience required to fight the lag to vote for me! /grin

Hopefully I'm somehow wrong...or, alternatively, hopefully the Lag and glitches are remedied soon. I'd be really bummed to see the CC go the way of the Random Contest due to lack of user participation.

Good luck, all!

you're caption made me LOL, i have premium and I completely didnt submit any caption at all like this, thanks for the laugh!

hehe, thanks! It was my favorite caption I entered. Rarely do they pick a person's favorite one, so I was extra happy and giggly :P

people arnt really voting on the caption much these last few weeks .. weird

Right? I agree with fullonparanoid. Sometimes it is hard as is to attract voters but then during these lag times... goodness. Extra hard. :(

Which is why I am so thankful for those who do fight through the molasses to vote! :D

*hugs everyone*

Meep!

Just added a_ramsel!

Sorry, Rami! I get lost when scanning the list...there have been contests where I did not see my OWN name and had to be alerted by another!

If I have missed anyone else...PLEASE gimme a holler so I can remedy it.

Cheers!

Oops! I hadn't noticed either. I think I've had my mind elsewhere though mostly.

Apologies to Rami on my behalf as well for not realizing.

I hope everyone has been having a good weekend. Tuesday there's a high here of 60 and then by Thursday night a low of 5. Can I please move to a more stable climate? Do those even exist? lol

Helo, fellow CCers, and anyone who stops by to visit! :)

No worries, Josh :) Since I'm still new around here, you are forgiven. :P I am just now finding time to come by here since the captions were up, so had you not said anything I would never have known. LOL!

Edit: Whoops, too busy yesterday and forgot to change my signature! *fixes*

I'm all excited about Gelert Day. :D

It looks like Stealthy will be one of the new colors. If so, I will be painting Hotai Stealthy...at least long enough to get the clothes! If I can find Contacts I like, I might keep him Stealthy. Otherwise I will probably return him to Pirate (that base color looks really good with his normal custom).

I'm stoked, though, because I have a visit to the Fountain Faerie that I have been saving since before LAST Gelert Day!

Just a few more days!

Hope all are well...

Cheers!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please stay on-topic.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Yes, congrats to everyone who made the winner's list. I wasn't in this time so I tried to spread my votes around as much as possible. Good luck entering this one.

I am entering this week as snow is right up my alley, for three months now. More tonight and then another storm on Wednesday into Thursday.

Don't even ask if I'm tired of this. I like snow but we've also been sick here every month this winter. I've had enough. So, yes, being

chased by giant snowballs is just my thing. :D

Hope everyone is well and having a good week so far.