Ghoul Catchers

sapphireau

Thanks for the info. Though i wish it wasn't just for phones since i don't have one capable of anything but calls and texts!!

Well, the "coming soon" part of the page shows a Facebook icon, so maybe it's gonna be available for play on Facebook too! So you won't need a fancy mobile in order to play ;)

I certainly hope so, since my mobile phone is a Windows Phone, and nearly no game is available for it (and thusly, they don't have a WP icon on the game's page...)

Well, the "coming soon" part of the page shows a Facebook icon, so maybe it's gonna be available for play on Facebook too! So you won't need a fancy mobile in order to play ;)

I certainly hope so, since my mobile phone is a Windows Phone, and nearly no game is available for it (and thusly, they don't have a WP icon on the game's page...)

From the JN page: Currently, there are plans for the app to be available on Android, iOS, and Windows Phone devices (via the Google Play Store, Amazon App Store, iTunes App Store, and Windows Store).

^^So it will be on Window's Phones, don't you worry. It also said it would probably be coming out in 2015... well, let's freaking hope so. We need something besides lag to look forward to.

I don't see how it could lag the site because it's not on the site, it's on mobile phones. What I see are hacks and stuff happening that will end up making them kill the game. Much in the same way the mobile neopets was taken offline. Or at least that was a rumor I heard. I split long before Mobile neopets was a thing.

Thanks for the info. Though i wish it wasn't just for phones since i don't have one capable of anything but calls and texts!!

If you have a computer that can handle it (meet specs), you can install BlueStacks App Player to play the game/app. BlueStacks is an Android emulator for the PC. It is free. If you do not already have one, you may have to create a Google account to "link" the App Player to Google Play. May want to check it out to see if it is something you may be interested in and if your PC can handle it. I remember reading about another Android emulator, but I cannot remember the name. I'll post if I can find it. Just a thought.

EDIT: The other is "Andy the Android Emulator". It is free, too. Again, your PC must meet certain requirements to use. Unfortunately, my PC is old and is unable to use either.

In case anyone didn't hear, the game is available now! Here is the tweet announcing it: https://twitter.com/neopets/status/573965491745718273

It looks like you get 10,000 NP and two items (one wearable, one stamp) when you install the game and sign up, and then each level you win gets you an additional 1k. The NP have been updating pretty reliably as I play, but for now the stamp is returning an error message when I try to put it in my album.

Tried it several times during the day, at different times. Still getting the provider error, although the issue seems to be connected to the fact that my iTunes is dutch (the game is also dutch), as it appears that it seems to be working for some people.

In my experience, it is possible to play certain games on tablets. Most of my games I play are easily played on my Nook. For future reference, as it is available for facebook too apparently and more and more people are getting tablets to try to replace their laptops, I imagine you won't need a phone.

Now if only it would let me connect my account...

AHH there we go. My suggestion would be to keep trying a few times then wait a while to try again. I was lucky in that I only had to do it once.

I find it amusing that it makes it seem like you sent a neomail to yourself, tho.

EDIT- it seems the neopoint reward from completing levels is near-instant too. That's actually pretty amazing in my experience.

I've just started playing. I'm on house 9. But I haven't received any point or items to my account. Unsure if I should stop playing and wait to see if they show up, or keep playing and hope to be "reimbursed" at some point for all my winnings.

It looks like you get 10,000 NP and two items (one wearable, one stamp) when you install the game and sign up, and then each level you win gets you an additional 1k. The NP have been updating pretty reliably as I play, but for now the stamp is returning an error message when I try to put it in my album.

Actually, you only get 1k if you beat a level with 3 stars. Just beat one with 2 stars and only received 600np for it. Tried to only get 1 star in a level and received 350 np for that. Just so you know! :)

Edit: Also, you can receive neopoints for a beating a level even after you already beat it, apparently. So, that's good to know.

I've just started playing. I'm on house 9. But I haven't received any point or items to my account. Unsure if I should stop playing and wait to see if they show up, or keep playing and hope to be "reimbursed" at some point for all my winnings.

Stupid question probably but did you make sure it was linked and that you got the first two items and 10k np at the start? I know you say you haven't received any points or items, but that could mean the level bonus. If it was successfully linked, and you can provide that info you can probably get in touch with whoever is in charge of the game since it might be different from who makes the games on the site itself.

Game will not load through facebook, and I do not have a iPhone......guess they really do not want my $$...

When you are on the Ghoul Catchers facebook page, is it just blank or are you getting the "Provider Error" message? If the page is blank, you may not have the Unity Web Player plug-in installed. It is available for Windows and Mac OS X. If you are running Linux, it may be more of a challenge. You can try Pipelight, if available for your version, or try Wine with a Windows version of IE or Firefox and download the Unity Player from one of those. I am using a Linux Mint OS and was wanting to try Ghoul Catchers, but the facebook page never displayed the game. Once I went to a Windows PC, with Unity, it worked. I got the "Provider Error" message only once, but tried it again and it has worked since (Windows PC). Not sure if this is your issue, but you may want to check if Unity is installed. Hope this helps.